PDA

View Full Version : Livestream Playoff Packages

Beaner
03-20-2006, 02:47 PM
The webcast company now has the playoff packages up.

Heres the details;

Single Game - 6.95$
Series Pass - 16.95$ (For all the games in one series)
Complete playoff pass - 99.95$ (all live and archived playoff games)

Looks like the series pass doesn't entitle you to the archives.

NB: Archived games for the regular season are still available for those who bought the full package till March 23rd.

Link: http://livestream.whl.ca/playoffs_2006/packages.php

Tiger Trauma
03-23-2006, 07:02 PM
I would only consider buying the package...if i knew the quality of the broadcast would be just about as good as watching on tv...I did watch a couple of 'regular season games.....and I thought with the picture, it was sometimes hard to see the puck....and the quality wasnt that great.

Tiger9
03-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Does anybody know how good the Swift Current live stream is?

SectionNDeserter
03-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Does anybody know how good the Swift Current live stream is?I only ever got it once, don't know if it is because the arena is so much smaller than others I have watched, but it seemed like I was almost on the ice! Camera work was ok, audio was pretty good. I think the only really bad one I have ever had was Saskatoon, and even it was pretty good if I turned the sound off.

Tiger9
03-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks! I think I will try it tomorrow!

LifelongChiefsFan
04-04-2006, 05:21 AM
Has the quality improved as the season has gone along? You would think that they would make some kind of effort to increase the quality for the playoffs.

I purchased one game early on during the regular season and was not impressed at all, and haven't tried it since, so I really have no idea if they made it better or not.

SectionNDeserter
04-04-2006, 06:23 AM
Has the quality improved as the season has gone along? You would think that they would make some kind of effort to increase the quality for the playoffs.I don't think the overall quality of the stream could be improved upon, as that would mean either limiting the number of people who could use it at a time, or improving their infrastructure--either of which would grossly increase the cost per game. Where they do still need work though, is with the audio at the source (the building) Too often the audio source is a poorly tuned in radio.

bandwagonboy
04-04-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm certainly not getting the whole playoff pack. There's an outstanding chance that either sportsnet or shaw will be covering the teams I'm interested somewhere down the line. And I was going to get a series pass for round two but I just leanrt that my parent's next door neighbors are leaving for Vegas on wed so I'll have tickets for games one and two. I'm just going to play it by ear. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get tickets, maybe they'll be playing a team that is close enough to drive to and I'll be able to support them on the road.

For games 1 and 2 in the first round I ordered live stream for the first time ever and I must say I wasn't happy with it at all. It kept on cutting in and out. I suppose it was better than not seeing anything at all but it was hardly worth $7.