PDA

View Full Version : Ams 3rd Jersey

Stay-Puft
03-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Press Box
http://www.amshockey.com/article.src?ID=1489

Americans Unveil Third Jersey Design
March 20, 2006
Kennewick, WA – The Tri-City Americans officially unveiled their third jersey design that will be worn during all Saturday home games and special-event games beginning next season. Americans fan, Jimmy Butcher, displayed the third jersey design at a press conference held in the Sunset Room, inside the Toyota Center.

“This jersey is a testament and a commitment of the team to this community,” said Governor/General Manager, Bob Tory. “This jersey is just another way of showing our fans that we truly are here to stay and here to play!”

The Americans are currently taking orders for those interested in purchasing replica third jerseys. Supplies come in adult and youth sizes and quantities are limited, so put your orders in today!

To purchase your replica third jersey, log on to http://www.amshockey.com/store.

Jimmypop316
03-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Is that black around the wrists?

langdak
03-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Same design as the Ottawa Senators 3rd Jersey :thumb:

http://www.amshockey.com/files/news/2/1489.jpg

http://www.mygamegear.com/ProductImages/nhl-jerseys/ottawa-away.jpg

HAF
03-20-2006, 08:12 PM
I like the design of the jersey itself but I sure wish they would have put a little more thought into the logo. I never cared for that logo much anyway. There had to have been something better out there to use. Even just the generic "TRI CITY" or "AMERICANS" lettering diagonal accross the front would have been better then that. That logo looks like it belongs on GI Joe packaging or something. Of course thats just my opinion, I'm probably wrong.

mattsfan
03-20-2006, 09:27 PM
that was the first thing that crossed my mind. All the cool hat designs they have and they leave that logo there.......geesh :confused:

Redwic
03-20-2006, 11:27 PM
... Of course, that was before I realized that it is a virtual copy of that Ottawa Senators jersey.

But I still think that it looks good. At least you should be able to easily see the logo and letters.

nivek_wahs
03-21-2006, 01:48 AM
I don't get the black sleeve thing... But overall the jersey is alright. :thumb:

Also doesn't the logo look a tad bit small for the jersey?

Triton
03-21-2006, 05:43 PM
I don't care for it.That possibly becomes the worst 3rd in the league..sorry Ams fans.

chiefgongshow
03-21-2006, 11:15 PM
I don't care for it.That possibly becomes the worst 3rd in the league..sorry Ams fans.
For the worst see the Chiefs 3rd jerseys. Spokane should ditch the greys and just wear the Spokane Jets jerseys as 3rds. As for Tris 3rd Im not really liking the logo with matched with the jersey design. It looks like it was just thrown on at the last minute. Bring back the Yellow and Black Ams jerseys from yesteryear. :D

Triton
03-21-2006, 11:33 PM
For the worst see the Chiefs 3rd jerseys. Spokane should ditch the greys and just wear the Spokane Jets jerseys as 3rds. As for Tris 3rd Im not really liking the logo with matched with the jersey design. It looks like it was just thrown on at the last minute. Bring back the Yellow and Black Ams jerseys from yesteryear. :D

You know I completely forgot about those jerseys and the Lethbridge one is pretty bad as well.

HAF
03-21-2006, 11:48 PM

HERE HERE!!!!!! I second that idea!!! I'd love to have seen the Am's do a retro of their original jersies as thirds. They could have done a lot of things with the old yellow and black.

Stay-Puft
03-22-2006, 10:17 AM
I don't think we will ever see the black and gold again, unless it has a different design than the old one. There was a copyright infringement lawsuit with the original crest. I like the jersey design and I like the crest, but I don't like the two together.

Aiham
03-22-2006, 02:32 PM
I don't get the black sleeve thing... But overall the jersey is alright. :thumb:

On their website it has blue sleeves, I believe the picture posted on here is not 100% accurate.
I like the design, but agree on that the logo could have been done better.
This one reminds me of the old Houston Aeros logo.