PDA

View Full Version : Zamboni

Tinner
02-07-2005, 10:26 AM
a couple of years ago there was a fellow who ran the zamboni at all Rebel home games. I heard he left for a similar job somewhere in the States. Has anyone heard of or have any info........just curious.

The reason I ask is it seems to me that the ice at the Centrium isn't as good as it once was. Clear, sharp smooth surface. :confused:

charlie
02-07-2005, 11:13 AM
i don't have an update but i remember he was headed for san antonio and was going to be the driver there. wonder if dean, dean the dancing machine would know anything.

rinkrat
02-08-2005, 04:30 PM
really has very little to do with the ice...Its the refrigeration mechanics who run the chiller(ice plant) that circulates the refrigerant (brine)through the piping.There are many variables including humidity,ice temperature etc.It could be the company hired to run the plant has changed?

rdreb
02-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Since Amie left we have had sone s--ty ice that is for sure.I was hoping the westner would get someone who cared about the ice and the plant as much as he did. :burningma

Tinner
02-08-2005, 06:43 PM
really has very little to do with the ice...Its the refrigeration mechanics who run the chiller(ice plant) that circulates the refrigerant (brine)through the piping.There are many variables including humidity,ice temperature etc.It could be the company hired to run the plant has changed?

I realize there are variables as to the ice maintainence, but he was one person that wanted to make sure it lokked and preformed up to expectations. My inquiry was to his level of attention given to make sure it was great ice, and besides, he always dressed the part. ;)

RDRebelsfan
02-08-2005, 10:16 PM
you're reffering to the former zamboni driver that had a mullet right? At least It looke dlike one. lol

Tinner
02-09-2005, 07:32 AM
yes

part of his act was to flood the ice with warm water and go the opposite direction that is considered the norm.

I had heard he got offered a rink management position somewhere in the states and all because someone seen the way he did things here.....and most likely his qualifications.