PDA

View Full Version : Warriors - Wheat Kings Playoff Series Thread

Hatguy
03-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Okay hockey fans, we're in for a good series. I want to make this thread so that both team's fans can discuss the latest news and playoff games.

Breakdown:

Brandon Wheat Kings

Overall Record: 30-32-6-4
Home: 20-10-5-1 = 63.9%
Away: 10-22--1-3 = 33.3%
Home record against Warriors: 3-1 (one overtime win)
Away record against Warriors: 1-3
Record against Warriors since trade deadline: 2-3 (overtime win)
Goals for: 218
Goals allowed: 259
Goals for against Warriors: 25
Goals allowed against Warriors: 27
Power Play: 42 out of 369 = 11.4% (20th place)
Penalty Kill: 85 out of 386 = 78% (20th place)
PIM: 19,3 per game
Goalies: 1. Plante: GAA 3.32 (Saves 89.8%) [record 25-24-5-4 2] Jory: Not listed
Top 3 scorers:
1. Burki 27-34 = 61
2. Derlago 28-25 = 53
3. Moore 20-23 = 43
Analysis: Weak goaltending at times, but Plante could get hot. Weak special teams on both sides. Need to hit the Warriors hard. Team toughness and whole team contributes on scoring. Okay defence, okay offence. Good fourth place team. Played well against the Warriors this season. Could upset the Warriors if they can score and limit Warriors offence. Brandon has something to prove. Looking forward to next season.

Warriors

Overall record: 44-20-5-3
Home record: 27-6-2-1
Away record: 17-14-3-2
Home against Wheat Kings: 3-1
Away against Wheat Kings: 1-2-1
Goals for: 278
Goals allowed: 205
Power play: 68 for 423 = 16.1% (11th place)
Penalty kill: 61 on 384 chances = 84.1% (11th place)
PIM: 18.8 per game (third least)
Goalies: 1. Perricone: (GAA 2.66) [91.1 save %] {record 32-12-3-1}
2. Leslie stats with Moose Jaw only: (GAA 2.74) [90 save %] {record 6-2-1}
Top three scorers:
1. Brouwer 49-53 = 102
2. Boyd 48-42 = 90
3. Jones 35-50 = 85
Analysis: The Warriors will rely mainly on their potent offence. They need to use their speed to their advantage. Okay defence and okay goaltending, weak at times. No real big tough guy. Mcardle needs to keep his cool. Not a lot of playoff experience. Moose jaw has a post season curse, having never made it past the second round. Could be upest. They are angry at the Wheat Kings for not pulling Plante at the end of the last game, leaving Brouwer with 49 goals.

All comments are welcome, I'll try to give a summary of the first two games and I hope a Brandon fan can do the third and fourth games. Good luck to both teams.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
03-24-2006, 03:26 PM
I thought that was a smart move on Kelly's part. Just a little something to piss off MJ. Looking foward to watching the livestream tonight should be a good one!!!

ofhdhdy
03-24-2006, 07:40 PM
I thought that was a smart move on Kelly's part. Just a little something to piss off MJ. Looking foward to watching the livestream tonight should be a good one!!!

Yeah that was very smart. Now MJ is up 3-0 after 1 period of play and Bouwer only has one assist while Boyd, McCardle and Svensson dont even have a point yet!

SeventhHeaven4U
03-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Awesome game by Warriors! Holzy was spectacular and Gillen showed them all what he could do! Congrats to all Warriors....

P.S. Where are all the MJ fans?! Only 2257 at the game?! Get out there n support them!!!!

:groovy: Warriors EAT Wheaties 4 Breakfast!! :groovy:

Hatguy
03-25-2006, 12:22 AM
P.S. Where are all the MJ fans?! Only 2257 at the game?! Get out there n support them!!!!

I think it was more like 2800, trust me we were out. It wasn't a sell out but man that crowd was loud and proud! So lay off our fans.

As to the pissing Moose Jaw off, that wasn't really a good thing because now they want it even more.

Good game tonight though, tommorrow should be good too.

gowarriors
03-25-2006, 10:28 PM
Wow that was a better played game tonite. Only thing is we were on the losing end, and it was OUR fault. Alot of really dumb penalties at the end there really cost us any momentum and any chance of getting that goal back. Especially the penalty on Jones, that hurt.

Hopefully, we can get back into it on the road come Monday.

And that mess in the crowd!!! Only in Moose Jaw, will you see the fans and security trading blows by the visitors runway. Pretty embarassing MJ!!! We need to quit taking everything so to heart. This happens ALOT. People getting pushed or shoved on the stairs, stuff thrown at them or just alot of bad language directed at them because they pull for the other team. I am embarrassed to say I am a Warrior fna when situations like this happen. I honestly felt bad for the other team tonite, and gotta hand it to Plante for not freaking out about all the bottles that were thrown at him. Get over it everyone!

gowarriors
03-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Have to agree. Last month my brother had bought a ticket to see his Broncos play here and they won and a guy was trying to get him to fight and was throwing bottles at him. My brother would never fight anyone ever, and to make it even worse the guiy that was calling him on was in his 50s.... A season ticket holder of over 20 years. They seem to be the worst around here it appears. I think a BIG solution is not selling beer here, as incidents like this are pathetic. Time to grow up and act like adults people.

Beaner
03-26-2006, 12:44 AM
Bottles???

Are you kidding me, why isnt the arena serving the Beer in plastic cups?

Triton
03-26-2006, 01:04 AM
So what exactly happened tonight in MJ anyone?

NO BIASED OPINIONS.

Dwight Schrute
03-26-2006, 02:14 AM
So what exactly happened tonight in MJ anyone?

NO BIASED OPINIONS.
i saw the aftermath on ctv but thats it. although mj has had issues in the past with fans and opposing players.

SeventhHeaven4U
03-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Wow that was a better played game tonite. Only thing is we were on the losing end, and it was OUR fault. Alot of really dumb penalties at the end there really cost us any momentum and any chance of getting that goal back. Especially the penalty on Jones, that hurt.

MJ wasn't the only team to be hurt by penalties last nite. Hitmen took 10 consecutive (some questionable) penalties, Canes scored 4PPG . Tigers scored 6 PPG in their romping over the Broncos. If these teams want to win games, they have to control their tempers and be above the officials bad calls.

I'm sorry to hear the fans are so brutal in MJ!!!! There's more to it than just beer, most arenas serve beer and their fans act responsibly while still enjoying the game. Throwing bottles and other things at the opposing team and officials is a hazard to players, what goes thru these people's minds when they do this?? Perhaps beer should be banned from the CC for a season and see if it has any effect on the "fan problem". Security is obviously an issue as well, they should have had the problem under control after the first incident!

2fast
03-26-2006, 10:55 AM
The warriors handed out plastic bottles with 5 pennies in them for noise makers thats why there was so many bottles,to say security was an issue come on,theres 500 people between the bench and the entrance off the ice throwing bottles how can u actually contain that,and the incident at the blue tunnel ACTUALLY started with a security guard getting hit in the face with a bottle and him taking care of that person before all his freinds jumped in then all hell broke loose,i dont know how u can contain 50 or so drunk people in a lil corner without incident BECAUSE it was roped off 10 feet from the players, but i can tell u this the players involved loved it and had a blast and the coaching staff of the wheat kings were impressed on how it was handled and taken care of.

Hatguy
03-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Welcome to the forum GoWarriors. I agree with Canadian Eh on this one, our fans need to learn how to take a loss. I bolted out of there as fast as I could after the game. I did manage to see Plante parading around while bottles flew at him. Plante should have just left the ice. Some people thought the reffing was bad and maybe it was, but the Wheaties took more than we did. We just didn't capitalise on our chances.

Brandon played a hell of a game, the stuck to their game plan and it worked out. I think the Warriors came in thinking they easily had the win with the pasting yesterday night. This loss, hopefully will put them back in their place for Monday night.

The Wheat Kings were outworked big time in the third, but Kudos to Plante and the defence to keep the puck out of the net. We lost, get over it! There are still 5 games left here.

gowarriors
03-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Yeah that bottle give away did not help. I remember when I heard at work last week that they were giving out plastic bottles for everyone to put their spare change into for noise makers, and saying to coworkers we better win both games or these will not make it back to the recycle bins, knowing how fans here can get. Also the vending machines in the lobby and around the dressing rooms that we can access anytime but when players are coming onto/off of the ice, are full of pop or poweraide all in plastic bottles.

Basically, there was a pile on in the crease to end the game and somehow Plante escaped, helmetless, and was waving to the crowd, from my vantage point anyhow. Some moron threw a bottle at him and missed. Then another 2 were tossed and misssed him. Then one hit him right in the logo and he laughed it off and went to the bench. At that point a few more people threw bottles into the bench and as the Wheat Kings left the ice one of the players, whose name escapes me, threw his water bottle into the crowd, which set off a rain of plastics bottles and plastic cups full of coke and/or beer. Someone threw back the water bottle and started yelling at the player that did this, who was laughing and gesturing towards the runway.

Apparently, the guy the guy charged down the stairs and hit the security guards. And I can only tell what I saw from my view on the other side of the rink, but allot of drunk fans went at it with the security guards and some Wheat Kings players.

There is definatley no fault to the team(s) or security who did their best. It falls in the hands of our "classy" citizens, who clearly have no brains at times. They clearly do not think before they act. What they thought this kind of action would have achieved I will never know. But don't you think it adds just that much more fuel to the WHL's fire when it comes to yanking the team out of here? The layout of the arena I think was another major reason this happened and may have pushed the team just a little farther out towards Winnipeg... for a permanent stay in a few years.

And I agree, beer sales do not cause incidents like this elsewhere. I've been to all arenas in Saskatchewan and they all serve beer and mostly everyone behaves. Here there is always a constant incident of some sort, especially when there are fans of opposing teams, and often times the fans are not even drinking beer. They just need to get a life sometimes!

I was thinking back to when I lived in Edmonton, and I was at every Oilers game, often in the area with all the drinkers. NO bottles, cups, or anything were thrown. Just one guy almost lost his lunch on me once, but that is it.

They should cut off beer sales in the Civic Center for a year and see how thigns go, but I don't know ti will change much. I think that something needs to be done about this "Hockey Parent-like" attitude that many of our ticket holders have. In many people eyes the Warriors can do no wrong and when they don't win it is ALWAYS someone else's fault. Example being when Jones sent the Brandon player crashing into Plante and it was CLEARLY a penalty and yet the bottles were already cocked and ready to be tossed on the ice by some in the section I was in. Read the rules people and remember it si jsut a GAME!!

Anyhow, sorry to everyone for my constant ranting... Whuile the sight was entertaining, I am just extremely embarassed to be a fan from here today.

gowarriors
03-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks HATGUY!

Totally agree, we can get out of this. It was just one game and we will be fine. Plante was quite a showoff last year after both wins i the playoff games here so that did not surprise me. But you are right he should have left instead of egging them on.

And you hit it right on the head, we did nothing with our chances and gave them the game because of overconfidence. Something that we have seen all year. Like the winning streak, they got to the point that I got the impression they thought nobody could beat them so they got too laid back and paid for it. Happened again last night.

And you know if they had shown the effort they did in the closing 10 seconds for the last 10 mins of the period we would have won. Instead they were taking dumb penalties and handing the game to Brandon.

Also, I think some serious work on the PP is needed. I was close to bringing a sign reading "WE DECLINE" last night as I sit behind the box.

Anyhow, I wanted to jsut say it is good to see another fan that does see that the Warriors are not perfect little angels!! BIG thumbs up to you!

Beaner
03-26-2006, 01:25 PM
The warriors handed out plastic bottles with 5 pennies in them for noise makers thats why there was so many bottles.

Ohh, ok when I read bottle I just assumed they were regular glass bottles. Thanks for clearing it up. Not that it makes it right, what the fans did, but the idea of a bunch of glass bottles raining down on people had me shaking my head.

We had the free whitespot burgers being thrown on the ice during the game last night. :spineyes:

Triton
03-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks HATGUY!

Totally agree, we can get out of this. It was just one game and we will be fine. Plante was quite a showoff last year after both wins i the playoff games here so that did not surprise me. But you are right he should have left instead of egging them on.

And you hit it right on the head, we did nothing with our chances and gave them the game because of overconfidence. Something that we have seen all year. Like the winning streak, they got to the point that I got the impression they thought nobody could beat them so they got too laid back and paid for it. Happened again last night.

And you know if they had shown the effort they did in the closing 10 seconds for the last 10 mins of the period we would have won. Instead they were taking dumb penalties and handing the game to Brandon.

Also, I think some serious work on the PP is needed. I was close to bringing a sign reading "WE DECLINE" last night as I sit behind the box.

Anyhow, I wanted to jsut say it is good to see another fan that does see that the Warriors are not perfect little angels!! BIG thumbs up to you!

What happened last night probably only added fuel to the Wheatkings.Their revenge would be to bump your team out.That is motivation enough.You can thank your fans for that.Instead of bottles being handed out at the game,straight jackets should be handed out for game 5.Grab a brain..like gowarriors said..it's only a game and if it's more,your prioritites are out of whack.

Good thing they didn't hand out aluminum bats...the morgue would have been busy.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
03-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Man I wouldn't want to sit in the stands with a WK hat on!!!!Get murdered in there. They must serve moonshine in there

FELIX17
03-27-2006, 09:47 AM
:(
Man I wouldn't want to sit in the stands with a WK hat on!!!!Get murdered in there. They must serve moonshine in there

This isn't the first time Moose Jaw has had problems with fans at the CC. Hopefully with all the media attention, MJ fans attending future games will be a little more reserved in regards to their behavior. IMO, this a huge embarassment for the city of MJ and the Warriors. Fans who continue to act like idiots, should be banned from the rink. I've been to a number of rinks around the WHL and have been treated well by the opposing fans. Swift Current gets extremely high marks for the way their fans conduct themselves at the games. They are loud and passionate about their team but our respectful to the opposing fans. The last three years PA has played their first road game against SC and I hope the schedule stays the same in that respect. I always have a good time (even though PA got blown out the first road game of the season) in Swift and I can't believe I have to wait another 6 months before I can watch my team again! :(

Triton
03-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeo suspended and Warriors fined $2,500.Not a overly huge loss.Would have preferred Day to be suspended but oh well,won't hurt us.

Happy now?

Beaner
03-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Warriors have inadequate security, the fans start to go at the players and now the Wheatkings lose a player because of it and the Warriors get fined.

Just doesn't seem right, if MJ isn't going to protect the opposition team, then the opposition shouldn't be having their players suspended. A fine to the Wheatkings feels like the right punishment.

Mind you I havent seen the tape of what happened, but this just feels wrong.

Fight Guy
03-27-2006, 03:25 PM
I can agree with Yeo getting suspended...but I feel it should nly be for one game. What he did was wrong, but what do you expect with the crap that went on?

Triton
03-27-2006, 03:31 PM
I feel bad because Brandon has to go back there,and will endure some sort of bullsh*t from the village idiots.

Throwing a bottle is assult with a weapon.When that mele with the Pistons and Pacers took place someone threw a beer,he was charged with assult.What will happen to all those idiots when they are back sitting in their seats for game 5?Nothing..of course nothing would happen.

WHAT A JOKE!

Fight Guy
03-27-2006, 04:21 PM
You can expect the Civic Center to go over board and probably have 15 security people at that gate. I wouldn't expect anyting like last game to occur, but there will defiently be alot of words being thrown around.

Hatguy
03-27-2006, 06:05 PM
I feel bad because Brandon has to go back there,and will endure some sort of bullsh*t from the village idiots.

I think I've had just about enough of you bad mouthiong our whole city because of a few morons. Punching a fan in the face is assualt. Clearly you musn't think every fan threw bottles and are jerks because that's not true. The majority of the fans left. The idiots that went down there should be banned from seeing anymore games, but give me a break. Moose Jaw needs more security, but a player should never punch a fan.

Kelly Mcrimmon should be the last fellow giving lectures about class. After the game he called our whole city "classless" from what I read in the Times Herald, which is often wrong. It's heating up.

Yeo deserves to be suspended. We deserve to be fined. That's that.

Now let's get on to game three. This will be a heated battle tonight. I think we can put game 2 behind us.

Triton
03-27-2006, 06:55 PM
I think I've had just about enough of you bad mouthiong our whole city because of a few morons. Punching a fan in the face is assualt. Clearly you musn't think every fan threw bottles and are jerks because that's not true. The majority of the fans left. The idiots that went down there should be banned from seeing anymore games, but give me a break. Moose Jaw needs more security, but a player should never punch a fan.

Kelly Mcrimmon should be the last fellow giving lectures about class. After the game he called our whole city "classless" from what I read in the Times Herald, which is often wrong. It's heating up.

Yeo deserves to be suspended. We deserve to be fined. That's that.

Now let's get on to game three. This will be a heated battle tonight. I think we can put game 2 behind us.

This isn't the first instance with your fans.YOUR fans paint themselves with their own brush,so thats how we portray them.There are probably some who are decent and are true fans but again time and time again your fans(not all) have painted a picture in our heads that thats how you act.

I apologize if I offended you but somewhere along the way they need to be accountable for their actions.Unfortunately they'll never learn.

And what Yeo did is unacceptable but I can't control what Theran does,so you can quit telling us that Brandon plays dirty and that were pylons and what not.Remember I'm a fan and everything that teams does is out of my hands.You seem to forget that.

Hatguy
03-27-2006, 07:16 PM
You talk about respect, but clearly you've shown none. I've tried to keep a cool head so please do the same. I accept your apology. Yes some of our fans are morons, but there are idiots everywhere.

Fight Guy
03-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Let's please leave it at that.

Scout
03-28-2006, 06:42 AM
As a Bronco fan i have been to Moose Jaw several times to watch the Bronco's including fan buses. Every game we were treated very well except for one idiot down by the tunnel who kept egging us on. The rest of the fans treated us very well including security who wished us a safe trip home. Alot of Warrior fans who saw our fans in Bronco jerseys stopped and chatted with us. Last fan bus we had a whole section full of Bronco fans and somehow 6 Warrior fans had tickets in the middle of us. They had no problem with us and vice versa and we enjoyed them and visited with them and vice versa. I have never had a problem with Warrior fans and they have done nothing but treated us with respect. This was one instance caused by emotions of the play-offs. I watched security in this game and they had their hands full at the end of the game. The Wheat King coaching staff ran to the tunnel and even had a hard time holding their players back. A couple of drunks in a game full of emotions can cause alot of problems and thats what i saw happen. I realize Regina and Moose Jaw fans have quite a rivalry so i can't comment on fans for these games but i do read alot about both fans in these opposing rinks when they play each other. The same can be said about Swift Current and Medicine Hat fans. The game tonight will have extra security and probably a police presence as Bronco fans were treated less than good in Med Hat last game and emotions are running very high between these two.

Scout

UKWheatie
03-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Come on Canadian eh don't lecture other teams on classlessness and then come out with drivel like that.. Every team has morons and if you think that is not the case then you really need to take of the rose tinted spectacles, the only difference is the ones in Moose Jaw are maybe more numerous and hostile and aren't policed properly by the security there.

As for the incident then I think MJ has gotten what they deserved with the fine, especially given its not the first time it has happened, but hopefully the MJ organization will take the issue seriously now they have been hit in the pocket. Maybe the onus should be on rooting out the idiots who took part in the bottle throwing and physical abuse of the Wheat Kings, and maybe then the Mosse Jaw will get respect back and lose this reputation they seem to be getting.

As for the Wheat Kings involved, they should be embarassed of themselves. If the players are assaulted they have the right to protect themselves but once they have the chance to leave the scene then they should, not stick around and make gestures to inflame the situation. Like it or not they are athletes in the public eye and as such should behave with dignity and rise above situations. As young wannabee pros and dare I say it 'role models' players need to show a level of maturity in proceedings. Imagine the headlines if an NHL or AHL player reacts by fighting with a fan. Junior is a preping ground for the pros so not reacting to the crowd is a lesson that needs to be learned, as jeering and gestures are all part of the life of a sportsman.

That being said I think in a perverse way the Wheat Kings have lost in this situation.. Sure the Warriors were fined but the Wheat Kings have lost an important cog in the team and will suffer as a result. Not really the right message to send to the idiots - 'Wind a team up, attack them to the point they retaliate and they will lose a guy for the series' - but I guess there was little else the WHL could do....

witness
03-28-2006, 09:12 AM
I have been to MJ on several occations to watch hockey. I am a Pats fan and they on the most part know that. I have NEVER been treated poorly at the Crushed Can. The Warrior fans that I have sat next to have been, on the whole, nice people. One women was screaming at the Pats calling them a bunch of bums and between periods was asking how the roads were on the #1.
Just like everything. There are good people and bad people. The Warrior fans are passionate about their team, but they are good people. It only takes a small group of bad eggs to earn a reputation.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
03-28-2006, 10:51 AM
I Looked at the replay of the end of the game...a few bad apples threw bottles on the ice??? Man there were 500 of those stupid noise makers on the ice!!!! As for Yeo he should NOT have got suspended. None of you would of done any different if someone was throwing beer and those noise makers at you. I give full marks to Yeo for punching that guy in the lips, he deserved it for being a dumb a#s.

Warrior Fan
03-28-2006, 10:59 AM
That is great. He is in the tunnel. He never got hit with anything. Reaves calls a guy onto a fight and then Yeo waits at the tunnel for the guy to get their and steps away from security where security couldnt' see him as they have their back to the tunnel watch the fans then the guy strokes the fan right in the lips. Then the Brandon fans get mad when the Warrior fans help the guy out. Day Yeo and Reaves were all throwing bombs at one guy. It takes 3 Brandon players to beat a kid. Give me a break. Yeo started it. the bottles on the ice were not even thrown at the players till they started beaking and give the finger and blowing kisses. the fans were pissed at the ref. The players acted like meatheads than the fans took after them. The bottles were thrown in protest of one of the worst reffed games ever witnessed at the CC. Who cares though. the Warriors have to learn to battle through it . If they don't the Wheaties will win this series.

Way to go Yeo. A guy on your team calls on a fight then the guy actually says fine lets go and he steps up and sucker punches the guy when he isn't expecting. Yes he should be gone for 10 games and yes he should be charged with assault. I hope he is charged.

Joe Hallenback
03-28-2006, 11:24 AM
AHHH I love it. The Wheaties are up and theres controversy brewing just the way McCrimmon wants it. Moose Jaw is in trouble. Brandon is pounding them every night and the Warriors have nothing to come back with. They really should have added some toughness to protect all the great scoring they got just like Brandon had last year with guys like Day,Webb,Yeo and company. Its a shame to see Dustin Boyd get the crap beat out of him night after night and nothing is done in retaliation.

As for what happened with the fans in Moose Jaw. If your stupid enough to attack a hockey player who is in full equipment then you deserve what ever beating is coming to you. Im not saying what the WheatKings players did was fine but come on.

UKWheatie
03-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Kinda makes you realise what a tough job judges and Juries have when two people give such contrasting opinions of the same incident.

I Looked at the replay of the end of the game...a few bad apples threw bottles on the ice??? Man there were 500 of those stupid noise makers on the ice!!!! As for Yeo he should NOT have got suspended. None of you would of done any different if someone was throwing beer and those noise makers at you. I give full marks to Yeo for punching that guy in the lips, he deserved it for being a dumb a#s.

That is great. He is in the tunnel. He never got hit with anything. Reaves calls a guy onto a fight and then Yeo waits at the tunnel for the guy to get their and steps away from security where security couldnt' see him as they have their back to the tunnel watch the fans then the guy strokes the fan right in the lips. Then the Brandon fans get mad when the Warrior fans help the guy out. Day Yeo and Reaves were all throwing bombs at one guy. It takes 3 Brandon players to beat a kid. Give me a break. Yeo started it. the bottles on the ice were not even thrown at the players till they started beaking and give the finger and blowing kisses. the fans were pissed at the ref. The players acted like meatheads than the fans took after them. The bottles were thrown in protest of one of the worst reffed games ever witnessed at the CC. Who cares though. the Warriors have to learn to battle through it . If they don't the Wheaties will win this series.

Way to go Yeo. A guy on your team calls on a fight then the guy actually says fine lets go and he steps up and sucker punches the guy when he isn't expecting. Yes he should be gone for 10 games and yes he should be charged with assault. I hope he is charged.

Its beginning to get like a playground fight now:
Little Jonnie : 'Sir please tell him off he started it by chucking stuff at me...'
Little Billie : 'No sir it wasn't me he started it by calling me a really bad name..'

Really if you were a teacher you would find this pathetic but thats what it amounts too.. Whats even worse is the people on here who are trying to protect there respective sides no matter what happened... Nothing like veiwing an incident from an objective standpoint is there. We seem to have lost sight of the fact that the whole mess is an ugly eyesore and stain on the sport and the respective parties, giving more fuel to the arguements from those out east that the WHL is nothing more than a hatchet league. Hey who gives a damn if the sport and league looks c*#p just as long as the Sh* doesnt stick to us!!

The fact of the matter is the blame lies somewhere in the middle of the above accounts, the WHL has dealt with the matter and we are set for what is probably one of the most exciting first round series so why not grow up, learn the lessons and move on and enjoy the series. Either that or fester your petty arguement and hatred so it can be ten times worse than last time...

Warrior Fan
03-28-2006, 11:35 AM
it is over. Just got a little peaved over all the accusations. Getting tiresome to read continually.

Whatever.

This has made for an intense series and it will sure be a tough come back for the Warriors. Not that they can't do it but it will be tough.

Kinda makes you realise what a tough job judges and Juries have when two people give such contrasting opinions of the same incident.

Its beginning to get like a playground fight now:
Little Jonnie : 'Sir please tell him off he started it by chucking stuff at me...'
Little Billie : 'No sir it wasn't me he started it by calling me a really bad name..'

Really if you were a teacher you would find this pathetic but thats what it amounts too.. Whats even worse is the people on here who are trying to protect there respective sides no matter what happened... Nothing like veiwing an incident from an objective standpoint is there. We seem to have lost sight of the fact that the whole mess is an ugly eyesore and stain on the sport and the respective parties, giving more fuel to the arguements from those out east that the WHL is nothing more than a hatchet league. Hey who gives a damn if the sport and league looks c*#p just as long as the Sh* doesnt stick to us!!

The fact of the matter is the blame lies somewhere in the middle of the above accounts, the WHL has dealt with the matter and we are set for what is probably one of the most exciting first round series so why not grow up, learn the lessons and move on and enjoy the series. Either that or fester your petty arguement and hatred so it can be ten times worse than last time...

Joe Hallenback
03-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Getting back on topic

Do you guys think that Warriors lack of toughness could possible cause them to lose this series?

westbeach55
03-28-2006, 12:38 PM
AHHH I love it. The Wheaties are up and theres controversy brewing just the way McCrimmon wants it. Moose Jaw is in trouble. Brandon is pounding them every night and the Warriors have nothing to come back with. They really should have added some toughness to protect all the great scoring they got just like Brandon had last year with guys like Day,Webb,Yeo and company. Its a shame to see Dustin Boyd get the crap beat out of him night after night and nothing is done in retaliation.

As for what happened with the fans in Moose Jaw. If your stupid enough to attack a hockey player who is in full equipment then you deserve what ever beating is coming to you. Im not saying what the WheatKings players did was fine but come on.

Mcrimmon wants controversy what kind of coach is he then, yeo, be a man and walk into your dressing room, you won the game. moose jaw isn't in trouble its one game and yeo won't be there next one. all im saying is yeo did what the fans wanted him too.

Triton
03-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Mcrimmon wants controversy what kind of coach is he then, yeo, be a man and walk into your dressing room, you won the game. moose jaw isn't in trouble its one game and yeo won't be there next one. all im saying is yeo did what the fans wanted him too.

Enjoying your offseason..LOL :laugh:

Joe Hallenback
03-28-2006, 12:51 PM

Well its 2 games now and what he wants is a very emotionaly tough hard fought series from his team. thats what he's getting. There is alot of bad blood brewing between these two teams and the more it stays that way the more its in the favor of the wheaties. We dont want a high flyng end to end type of game we want a scrum in the corner fight it out in front of the net type of game.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
03-28-2006, 04:39 PM
We will win this series in 6 Plante is playing too good!!!!

Warrior Fan
03-29-2006, 02:13 PM
That is refreshing.

Plante is playing well and that is good for Brandon. On the other hand, Perricone has been outstanding as well. He was beat by 2 very ummm fortunate bounces the other night. The game should have been 2 - 2 and going into overtime but the bounces were going Brandon's way. I would like to see game 4 live. Maybe beat some Brandon fans in the stands... just kidding. I would love to watch that game live. Have to settle on the internet if I can get it to work this time.

I think the Warriors will win this series I mean come on I am a Warrior fan who else am I going to pick.

should be a good ending to a good series and I wouldn't mind it if it went 7 games. More revenue for the Warriors.

How about those Hitmen. they have to be worried as well being down 2-1 right now. Leth must be playing good or the Hitmen are playing really bad. Lots of GAA it seems.

Triton
03-29-2006, 02:29 PM
He was beat by 2 very ummm fortunate bounces the other night. The game should have been 2 - 2 and going into overtime but the bounces were going Brandon's way.

Final score should have been 4-2.You didn't happen to see the 3rd goal that was called off that clearly was behind Perricone.

Warrior Fan
03-29-2006, 07:09 PM
I also saw the 2 horse***** goals that you scored to get a 2-0 lead. Don't get me wrong but the goals are goals and so be it but those won't go in every night. Simpson kicks it in his own net on his way by. That is what I was saying is real goals. Each team scored 2 real goals.

The score should have been 2-2 and into overtime. Not that it would have helped us at all. We suck in overtime anyway lol

Hatguy
03-29-2006, 10:19 PM
Wll we better win tommorrow night because I don't want Brandon coming back into town with a 3-1 noose on us. I heard that there were some pretty bad looking goals, but it doesn't matter how pretty they are, as long as they're goals it's beating us.

brandonboy
03-30-2006, 03:54 AM

Yeo only got one game so he will be there for game five.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
03-30-2006, 09:09 AM
My guess tonight it will be Brandon 3-2 in double ot any other guesses out there?

Hatguy
03-30-2006, 05:21 PM
4-2 Warriors. I HOPE!

SeventhHeaven4U
04-04-2006, 08:21 PM
WooHoo!!!! Warriors All the Way Baby!!!!! Awesome game tonite! Good series Wheaties, it's been a hell of a fight! Look out Hitmen! Here we come!!!!
:groovy:

WHEATMAN
04-04-2006, 08:32 PM
WooHoo!!!! Warriors All the Way Baby!!!!! Awesome game tonite! Good series Wheaties, it's been a hell of a fight! Look out Hitmen! Here we come!!!!
:groovy:

It was a hard fought series, congrats to the Warriors, they did a good job, should be a good series with the hitmen

Hatguy
04-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Good series Brandon. I'm sorry if I got a little carried away at times in our heated discussions. I give credit to the Wheaties, they played better than I thought they would, Kohn played great, Sandell played great and Plante was amazing. Great series, and at least the Blue Jays started tonight.

Triton
04-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Good series Brandon. I'm sorry if I got a little carried away at times in our heated discussions. I give credit to the Wheaties, they played better than I thought they would, Kohn played great, Sandell played great and Plante was amazing. Great series, and at least the Blue Jays started tonight.

A little carried away?Your smack is all over the white board and the Warrior board.Though if Brandon were to win I wouldn't have rubbed it in like all the childish gloating you've done.

Congrats to the Warriors.The better team won,and we weren't able to beat Perricone who played well all series.We couldn't stop your offence all series.I do however look forward to the team we will have next season.Very excited.We should contend for the division with you and Regina,depending on how much your team loses in regards to player turnover this summer.

Not being rude but,I think Calgary is overrated and you should be able to take the series.If Lethbridge can give them a solid run I think you can handle them pretty good.If you do go to the Mem.Cup..represent us well.

I said whoever knocked out my team,I'd cheer for them.So go out and get the job done.

Hatguy
04-04-2006, 10:09 PM
I just want a peaceful resolve, so I won't get too carried away. I don't feel like I gloated and if I gave that impression that, I did I'm sorry to you. My main point here is that this was a great series and thank you for the support.