PDA

View Full Version : Laundry

Triton
03-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Ok here's my beef.The wife and I have been not arguing but more or less disputing about the laundry.A week or so ago I had about $200 in my pocket of my jeans.When she does laundry she NEVER checks the pockets.Unlike her she doesn't keep things in her pockets at all.She has washed numerous things such as my money,reciepts,hockey tickets ect.I have always grown up having my mother check my pockets.I think I come from a long line of pocket checkers.I check pockets...

So I come to this board and more importantly the males..whose fault is it..

Beaner
03-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Yours.

Check your pockets before you throw them in the laundry hamper, Mr pocket checker. :laugh: :p

scamperdog
03-23-2006, 11:01 PM
Yours
your married you should no, even if your right, your wrong, you think it's yours, turns out everything is hers. lets face it as soon as you say I do your screwed. no one said life was fair :thumb:

HAF
03-23-2006, 11:08 PM
My wife is a pocket checker. Whatever she finds she keeps.... Thats why I always check my pockets before putting my clothes in the hamper. I'm with the others, its your own fault.

SectionNDeserter
03-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Yours.

Check your pockets before you throw them in the laundry hamper, Mr pocket checker. :laugh: :pDon't listen to Beaner, he is whipped. :D

langdak
03-24-2006, 01:47 AM
Ok here's my beef.The wife and I have been not arguing but more or less disputing about the laundry.A week or so ago I had about $200 in my pocket of my jeans.When she does laundry she NEVER checks the pockets.Unlike her she doesn't keep things in her pockets at all.She has washed numerous things such as my money,reciepts,hockey tickets ect.I have always grown up having my mother check my pockets.I think I come from a long line of pocket checkers.I check pockets...

So I come to this board and more importantly the males..whose fault is it..

Nothing personal my friend, but if you throw your pants in the hamper with 200 bucks cash in the pockets.............you deserve to have them washed that way ;)

As for checking pockets, solely your responsibility, the stuff in my pockets gets transfered from one pair of pants to the next and if for some reason i end up leaving something in the pockets (like i did yesterday), its my own damn fault :thumb:

Tinner
03-24-2006, 07:41 AM
if I check my pockets, I get to keep whats mine, if my wife checks my pockets, she gets to keep whats mine.

Triton
03-24-2006, 09:31 AM
But shouldn't whoever does the laundry,isn't it a given that you check pockets?

Awe no I can't tell her she won.I'll just lie and tell her you all agree with me.JK.

rinkrat
03-24-2006, 09:42 AM
But shouldn't whoever does the laundry,isn't it a given that you check pockets?

Awe no I can't tell her she won.I'll just lie and tell her you all agree with me.JK.
Wait till you have kids and they leave crayons in their pockets,thats payback time(look in the dryer) haha :)

Triton
03-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Wait till you have kids and they leave crayons in their pockets,thats payback time(look in the dryer) haha :)

I already have a child but she isn't crayon in the pocket age yet.I'll have to look out for that one,or legos in the nose or numerous objects in the toilet.Yikes.

FELIX17
03-24-2006, 10:22 AM
For some reason I like to leave crap in my pockets as well. Lypsyl/chapstick turns into a real mess. It's nice I don't have an old lady to b**** at me when I decide to wash my pocket contents and have her discover the clothes covered in grease stains. To be honest, I miss those days of being b****ed at and really not knowing what you've done! LOL! :laugh:

Triton
03-24-2006, 10:26 AM
For some reason I like to leave crap in my pockets as well. Lypsyl/chapstick turns into a real mess. It's nice I don't have an old lady to b**** at me when I decide to wash my pocket contents and have her discover the clothes covered in grease stains. To be honest, I miss those days of being b****ed at and really not knowing what you've done! LOL! :laugh:

I don't get nagged or bi***ed at.I just thought the whole time she was checking pockets.Now I find out she hasn't.No wonder stuff was missing all the time..money,reciepts,hockey tickets..urgh.Though she might change her mind about checking my pockets if I leave a sharpie or a pen go though the wash.LOL :laugh:

TheBrass
03-24-2006, 10:37 AM
I've got to weigh in as a soon to be cohabiting female. My mom has made a fortune over the years by fishing change, hair elastics, and numerous other tidbits out of our pockets. Money she keeps, anything else, you can buy it back from her. I am so used to checking my own pockets that it won't be a problem if HE does laundry, if I do laundry you can bet I will be carrying over my mom's system.......... :thumb:

Chipper
03-24-2006, 10:40 AM
At least with cash it only gets wet and still usable. I have had checks go through the wash :o and they are impossible to cash then you have to go and get the check re-issued again.

Triton
03-24-2006, 10:42 AM
At least with cash it only gets wet and still usable. I have had checks go through the wash :o and they are impossible to cash then you have to go and get the check re-issued again.

Actually my money was unuseable,and my tickets were black from going through the dryer.

Triton
03-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Hey I put the toilet seat down,doesn't that count for anything?At least she could do is CHECK THE POCKETS.She'll check our childs pockets when she gets older,so why are my pockets any different...racist against MY pockets.

Tiger Trauma
03-27-2006, 03:08 AM
As someone who has to do the laundry every other week, I say it is a pain in the ass, if you have to check pockets :mad:

I also hate folding a zillion pairs of socks :dead:

I leave stuff in my pockets from time to time......nothings worse than putting on your best shirt friday night....then realizing it has a big lypsol stain right in the middle of it. :laugh:

You both have valid points.....but I think you should check your pockets before throwing them in the hamper....and maybe it wouldn't hurt to check every other pant pocket either.