PDA

View Full Version : Woo Ho playoff hockey here we come

fightstrap50
03-23-2006, 11:47 PM
The ICE travel to the Okanagan to play two games in Kelowna against the Rockets to open the first round of playoffs tommorow night.
The guys have proven they can play any team in the entire league and I believe this team can beat the Rockets in a hard fought series. We have the depth in scoring and on defence to get the job done night in and night out.

Every one on the team has really stepped it up as of late and have come together going into the playoffs with all cylinders firing. To me the season series between these two teams means nothing as playoffs are a whole new animal. The guys know they can do it and proved it to themselves on one faitfull wednesday night when they shut the Rockets out in their own barn for only the second time this year.

Both clubs have simillar records and have only two points seperating them in the regular season so this series should be one great match up for the fans.
I hope our guys can come out on top and work hard for what they desire, The main goal of it all, the WHL Championships.

Everyone is stepping up and getting ready to go hard with Kelowna and want to win so bad they can taste it. They need to play that punishing physical game and get the Rockets off stride and just go with it :groovy:

Take it to them Rockets ICE and come home up a game or two going into tuesday and wednesdays games.

Go get'em ICE!! :burningma

GO ICE GO!!!

Redwic
03-24-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm tired of hearing that Kelowna has made it to three straight Memorial Cup Tournaments (even though one was as a host city, which still counts), with them making this year the fourth straight trip... Which team will step up and prevent this from happening? If no team does, we will never hear the end of it from the Rockets fans!

I'm rooting for Kootenay to win this series, despite me feeling that my team (Silvertips) might actually have a better chance in the Second Round against the Rockets than the ICE.

But Kelowna must be stopped! Is Kootenay up to the task?

ICE! ICE! ICE!

Chipper
03-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Well its time to stop the talking and start the playoffs. Soon we will see which team will come out on top. This is the best match up first round and one team will not be playing in a couple of weeks. I am sure the Ice are ready for the challenge and l predict that the Ice will split in Kelowna then take it in six games. :wave:

Rammer
03-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Well its time to stop the talking and start the playoffs. Soon we will see which team will come out on top. This is the best match up first round and one team will not be playing in a couple of weeks. I am sure the Ice are ready for the challenge and l predict that the Ice will split in Kelowna then take it in six games. :wave:

Good calm and confident approach, and I agree with it. :) :groovy:

Chipper
03-25-2006, 09:37 AM
Well my prediction of a spit has now happened sooooo now lets just go for the sweep in Kelowna. I know that we were out shot badly but what a character game to hang in there and take the first one. Confidence is huge and put that with momentum and we are on the right page here. Now all we need is to narrow down their shots and pick up ours.

GO ICE GO!!!

Rammer
03-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Well my prediction of a spit has now happened sooooo now lets just go for the sweep in Kelowna. I know that we were out shot badly but what a character game to hang in there and take the first one. Confidence is huge and put that with momentum and we are on the right page here. Now all we need is to narrow down their shots and pick up ours.

GO ICE GO!!!

Kelowna played as good a game as you can expect, but Dakers came up with the big plays when needed. Ice can really put the Rockets in their back pocket with a win tonight, all the pressure is on them and why starting on the road isn't so bad, at least the Ice did what you want from a road team. And as Scotty Bowman has said, it is important to win the odd numbered games. :clap: :)