PDA

View Full Version : Other WHL Message Board

tomtuttle
02-07-2005, 11:38 AM
I am new to this board and I am really hoping it is run a lot better than the "white board". For some reason I no longer have access to that board, which I am guessing means another Shaw internet user has been blocked, which affects me and many others. I have never posted on that board simply because when I started going there our son was friends with some players and knowing them personally, it didnt seem appropriate to respond to posts. That was a few years ago now.

So since my computer can no longer access that board I have emailed the BM's about 6 times and have yet to receive a reply. Kinda of a lousy way to do things, especially since I see now all the people who have come over to this board. Hopefully the moderators here will be a little more respectful.

Thanks

Scout
02-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Welcome aboard:

I think this board was started because of the reasons you outlined. You have to use a sign-in name and a password which will clean up the annon. posters. I realize alot of the other boards have become personal attacks and have nothing to do with hockey, that is another reason so many posters have switched to this board.

We have different mods for each team board and watch it very closely for people who do go over the guidelines. Jeff runs a tight board and along with the mods. he has helping him i think we can all have good, clean hockey talk.

Scout ;)

Chipper
02-07-2005, 07:19 PM
I to used to go on the white board but I knew it wasn't the place I wanted to post so basicly I was a lurker there but when this board started up right away I knew this was and definatly is the place I have been looking for and know I am an adict enjoying the conversations and posts.

tomtuttle
02-07-2005, 08:03 PM
It is too bad because that board used to be rather informative. I also just lurked and never bothered with some of the childish stuff that went on there. There has been a change where it seems the censorship was unbelievable, posts getting deleted, people banned etc.

For me, I just do not undertsand how the people running that board will not respond to emails from people with questions. I spoke to 2 others at the game last weekend who I knew posted there but cant get on. They too have not had there emails answered by the white board BM's. Clearly no BM's live in Kelowna, as they would likely be affected with their IP address being blocked.

But I am happy to be here and this looks like a well-run board.

Fight Guy
02-07-2005, 10:02 PM
I miss the old Whit Board...back 2 years ago...when there were great Pats/Warriors arguments went on for days...and were great fun. Now...you get the odd stab here and there.

Furback
02-08-2005, 12:59 AM
yes i couldnt agree more please lighten up mods and Jeff fun is good if i say poop what harm does that cause

tomtuttle
02-13-2005, 07:27 PM
I wont even tell you guys what the response from the white board moderators said about Kelowna fans. Guess thats why we are all on this board, for reasons like that.

rinkrat
02-13-2005, 08:31 PM
I like your name...makes sense.From Tacoma,right?Shower curtain ring division?

Rebel66
02-13-2005, 10:56 PM
I wont even tell you guys what the response from the white board moderators said about Kelowna fans. Guess thats why we are all on this board, for reasons like that.

You know I highly doubt that you got a reply criticizing Kelowna fans in any shape and form from the White Board Mods. I know for a fact that one of the mods there is a big Rockets fan. (I know the guy personally).

edit: Sorry to be so blunt but I know the mods over there try their best and have always acted with the correct decorum when I've had dealings with them.

Personally I still like the white board and will continue to use both forums as they both bring something different to the table. There is a place for both forums and just gives us WHL fans more options.

Spungy
02-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Well said Rebel66. there is room enough for both boards.. and myself i will keep checking the white board just like normal!

tomtuttle
02-14-2005, 01:17 AM
You know I highly doubt that you got a reply criticizing Kelowna fans in any shape and form from the White Board Mods. I know for a fact that one of the mods there is a big Rockets fan. (I know the guy personally).

edit: Sorry to be so blunt but I know the mods over there try their best and have always acted with the correct decorum when I've had dealings with them.

Personally I still like the white board and will continue to use both forums as they both bring something different to the table. There is a place for both forums and just gives us WHL fans more options.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but yes I did get a brutal replay from a BM dissing Kelowna fans. Why th eheck would I make that up? There are a bunch of people blocked from that board because some jackass caused trouble and they dont care that the "innocent" are affected.

Rebel66
02-14-2005, 02:09 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but yes I did get a brutal replay from a BM dissing Kelowna fans. Why th eheck would I make that up? There are a bunch of people blocked from that board because some jackass caused trouble and they dont care that the "innocent" are affected.

I'll be sure to ask my Kelowna based contact about that then as it certainly doesn't sound like something they would do, based on my dealings with them. He would surely be bothered by a fellow BM dissing Kelowna fans would he not?

ointhecreek
02-14-2005, 09:47 AM
I don't think it helps that some posters from this board( and I'm not pointing fingers, you know who you are) are going on the white board and bashing everything about it and daring the mods to ban them. If people don't like it there, then don't go. It's that simple. It doesn't do this board any good when being named in these posts. I also will continue to use both boards along with others, just to see what others are thinking.
Just my opinion.