PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

iamcdn
02-07-2005, 12:30 PM
I was hoping some Rebels fans could assist me on a project I have to do for my Sport and Event Marketing course. Our events were picked for us and my group received, brace yourselves, the Syncronized Skating Championships in beautiful Red Deer, Alberta.

I figured that Red Deer's largest arena is the Enmax Centrium that the Rebel play out of. But I could be completely off base as I have unfortunately never been to Western Canada.

I just have a couple of questions:
- is there anything that Red Deer is known for?
- anything that you suggest tourists have to see when they go to Red Deer?
- is there a program that you can buy regularily on game days for the Rebel?
- if possible, could you describe your arena for me? (for example if it has any nice features like a video scoreboard, cushioned seats, types of concessions, if its attached to anything, if it has luxury suites, or conference rooms, etc)

I may have more questions to follow down the road. Thank you so much in advance. And good luck during your run to the playoffs. If my team doesn't make it out of the O, I'm sure I'll be cheering for the West.

*my apologies if this is in the wrong forum*

Shinyshoes
02-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Our events were picked for us and my group received, brace yourselves, the Syncronized Skating Championships in beautiful Red Deer, Alberta.Lucky You

I figured that Red Deer's largest arena is the Enmax Centrium that the Rebel play out of. But I could be completely off base as I have unfortunately never been to Western Canada.Your Are right, Red Deer Doesnt have any other rink near the size of the Centrium

is there anything that Red Deer is known for? Not really, I think we are called "the city of volunteers" or something, but no real national recognition. Oh, one more, I think we have the most liquor outlets per capita in north america.

anything that you suggest tourists have to see when they go to Red Deer? Not Really.

is there a program that you can buy regularily on game days for the Rebel? yes, Its called "Onside" and its available for $3 on every game day, and it includes an insert for game day information.

if possible, could you describe your arena for me? (for example if it has any nice features like a video scoreboard, cushioned seats, types of concessions, if its attached to anything, if it has luxury suites, or conference rooms, etc)http://www.westerner.ab.ca/ Has all the information. Centrium is attached to the Parkland Pavilion which is used for trade shows, rodeo's and other events. No Video Scorebord, Row 1, and select seats in rows 7-13 have some padding, but nothing to get too excited about. The Ice Cream has been voted the best in the WHL more than once, and typical Burgers and fries Concessions. Also have western Pizza and Schnieders Hot dogs available at certain places in the building. Labatt Blue and Kokanee Gold are available every game. 8 Luxury Suites on the main concource and 12? sky boxes above the seating on the south side of the building.

I may have more questions to follow down the road. Thank you so much in advance. And good luck during your run to the playoffs. If my team doesn't make it out of the O, I'm sure I'll be cheering for the West.
No problem, Just post them here....Hope I helped!
Go Rebels Go!

Sgt. Zeek
02-07-2005, 08:31 PM
The Alberta sports hall of fame is in Red Deer. It is a place here that is worth a visit.

tiny
02-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Mrs. tiny wanted to add just a little about our city:

Red Deer is a beautiful city of just over 70,000 people situated on the banks of the Red Deer River.

We are known for our network of trails used year round and as The City of Volunteers. Since the Centrium was built we have hosted the World Junior Hockey Championship, World Under 17 Hockey Championship, National Figure skating championship, and The Briar. Out Curling club hosted the Scott Tounament of Hearts.

Winter Activities include cross sountry skiing, downhill skiiing, snowshoeing, speedskating (at the Oval), outdoor skating on bower Ponds and horsedrawn sleighrides at heritage Ranch.

Things to see and do: Alberta Sports Hall of Fame and sport Museum, the Red Deer Museum, Sunybrook Farm Museum, St. Mary's Church, Kerry Wood Nature Centre, and our new Collicut Centre,( a multipurpose rec centre) which has a wave pool, ice hockey surface, track and field houses, indoor soccer pitch, fitness centre...

In summer our trails include beautiful park and green areas, Our Bower Pond becomes a trout pond, has paddle boats and a natural amphitheatre for out door concerts. We have a skateboard park, BMX track, Discovery Canyon ( a water play park) and Fort Normandeau to learn about our history. We have access to many golf courses, lakes and fishing.

Hope this helps you enjoy our city even more.

:clap: See www.tourismreddeer.net

iamcdn
02-14-2005, 08:21 AM
Thanks a lot everyone! That was a lot of help.