PDA

View Full Version : Chipchura signs with canadiens

raider guy
03-25-2006, 05:22 PM
www.canadiens.com

Canadiens sign Chipchura to three-year deal
(03/25/2006)

PRESS RELEASE

MONTREAL – Canadiens GM Bob Gainey announced Saturday the signing of forward Kyle Chipchura to a three-year contract. As per club policy, financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Selected by the Canadiens in the first round, 18th overall, in 2004, Chipchura just completed his fourth season with the Prince Albert Raiders of the Western Hockey League. In 59 games, the Vimy, Alberta native collected 21 goals and 34 assists for a team high 55 points, and 81 penalty minutes. Chipchura, the team captain, was the recipient of the Orland Kurtenbach Award, given to the Raiders Most Valuable Player during the season.

During his career with the Raiders, Chipchura, 20, played in 216 games, recording 59 goals and 106 assists for 165 points. He posted a plus-9 rating and totaled 320 penalty minutes. Chipchura played in the 2004 and 2005 playoffs, totaling six goals and 11 assists for 17 points in 20 games.

The 6-foot-3, 208-pound center was named captain of Canada’s National Junior Team in January 2006. In six games, Chipchura scored four goals, added one assist and posted a plus/minus rating of plus-5, leading Canada to their second World Junior Hockey title in as many years.

Chipchura, who will report to the Hamilton Bulldogs this week, played in three preseason games with the Canadiens in September 2005, collecting one assist.

Triton
03-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Already been posted.

Swando
03-26-2006, 01:47 AM
Classy move keeping Kyle a Raider when many teams wanted him for the play-off run

Dwight Schrute
03-26-2006, 02:11 AM
Classy move keeping Kyle a Raider when many teams wanted him for the play-off run
trust me as much as i like him i was all for trading him at the deadline. same with thelen shafer even byers. for a fair deal with good young talent coming the raiders way. you can thank donn clark for that one !!!

chipperfan
03-26-2006, 10:09 AM
trust me as much as i like him i was all for trading him at the deadline. same with thelen shafer even byers. for a fair deal with good young talent coming the raiders way. you can thank donn clark for that one !!!
Donn would have took the heat if he traded chipper for a few bantaam drafts,when in all reality thats about all that was being offered.the other guys i could have done without as well,but lets be honest,other gms can read stats just as well as all of us can.do you think they would have given us anyone different?