PDA

View Full Version : Haircuts

grainbear
03-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Hitmen showed up for game 1 all with mohawk style haircuts. Tonight in the second game they received another haircut. This time a scalp. Calgary simply lost their mental cool and Lethbridge youngsters took it to them. Might be a very interesting series , Tonight the Hitmen were outworked, outhit and out played, and in the third ran around with their mouths open , beaken at the refree who didn,t take to it at all.

loudi94
03-26-2006, 12:37 AM
Apparently they're running around in military fatigues in addition to the mohawks. I'm surprised management allowed this crap. It seems like they were thinking about their appearance rather than playing the 'Canes. They could be down 2-0 if not for a few Hurricane lapses in game one. I'm quite frankly very surprised how this series has started. All the Hurricanes have stepped up their game and are playing as a team. Tonight the Hitmen had identical haircuts but played like selfish individuals. They totally self destructed. They were by no means out of the game in the third until the mostly-deserved parade to the box began.
Also I think the Hitmen's helmets weren't adjusted to accomodate the haircuts. They're losing their helmets left and right. Pogge might have a Samson complex too. He's been shaky at best. Huge rebounds and he's getting distracted by some of the Hurricane agitators. All in all this was the best game the Hurricanes played all year. Makes me want to see a few more.

peatfan
03-26-2006, 02:50 AM
10 straight pentalies to one team. Even the Leth announcer couldn't believe the ref. NOt saying that the Hitmen deserved most if not all the pentalies but no pentalies to the Hurricane until the last 2 minutes. and 6 times a 5 on 3 pp for the Canes. You should have won 10-0 with that type of biased ref. Shame because the players did outplay the HItmen and should have won straight up without the zebras. Next 3 in Calgary and you still have to win 2 here. Good luck.

loudi94
03-26-2006, 10:14 AM
10 straight pentalies to one team. Even the Leth announcer couldn't believe the ref. NOt saying that the Hitmen deserved most if not all the pentalies but no pentalies to the Hurricane until the last 2 minutes. and 6 times a 5 on 3 pp for the Canes. You should have won 10-0 with that type of biased ref. Shame because the players did outplay the HItmen and should have won straight up without the zebras. Next 3 in Calgary and you still have to win 2 here. Good luck.

I wouldn't have believed it if I wouldn't have seen it with my own two eyes. Believe it or not, the ref actually could have called more penalties against Calgary in the third but didn't. Like I said, Lethbridge played a smart game for a change and Calgary was totally undisciplined and came unglued. I realize I might sound like a homer, but it's how it truly looked like from my section. Calgary has yet to play their best game. When they do, they'll win.

taylor0017
03-26-2006, 10:26 AM
I agree that this was by far the best game the Canes played all year. Rehman was just horrible, some of the calls were bad and the ones he missed would have been good penalties. I find it very funny to see Kisio come unglued at the Ref. He did the same thing Friday night , and the Ref gave in and made some bad calls against the Canes. Rehman did not give in and made some bad calls against the Hitmen. Pogge looked average in both games. Not the Team Canada goalie that we seen at the WJC. Leclairc looked good , not flashy but made the stops he had to. He may be a keeper for the Canes (if we don't change direction again next year) . Sad to see that only 3000 fans turn out each night. Both games were very entertaining. The Canes Young Guns really stepped it up. If this is what they are going to play like the next few years I think the Lethbridge Fans might have something to look forward too. But I think in the long series Calgary will come out on top , but if the Canes come out like they did in the first 2 games , we could be in for a long series. We will see if the Canes can take the pressure of the Saddledome and 15,000 screaming fans. Hopefully they can. It is going to be tough , 3 games in Calgary, and as we all know the Canes are not a good road team. But if we play like Saturday night , we should win 2 out of 3 . Could we see Dan Spence in nets for Calgary in one of the games? ????????

loudi94
03-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Sad to see that only 3000 fans turn out each night. Both games were very entertaining.

First they try to screw season ticket holders by making them buy their seats in a 10 game package. $200 for two games isn't very appealing. Other teams go two games at a time. Second they jack the prices up to $20. This team was supposed to lose in 4-5 games to Calgary. Lower the price and pack the arena. In general, Lethbridge fans only support winners, haven't the Canes management figured that out yet. If there's a game 6, then it will be packed-maybe.

taylor0017
03-26-2006, 12:11 PM
I agree with you about the season ticket holders packages. I beleive the Board of Directors thinking on this is , that they know the fans are not happy with them , so we will force them into buying Playoff packages , and in turn force them to buy next years seasons tickets. Well there "plan" has failed cause I bet more then half of the Season Ticket holders did not buy their seats for the playoffs and half of those people will not be back next year. 3000 fans for a Friday and Saturday night playoff game is embarassing . I bought my package at the last minute. I was very undecided. The Management of the Hurricanes has screwed us again.

As for the Lethbridge fans ....yes they only like a winner ....

By the way what ever happened to June Robinson..she was the Director of Marketing and Public Relations??? Haven't seen her around ..Heard she left the organization on the advice of her Lawyer ???

loudi94
03-26-2006, 01:24 PM
I believe Chris Bruce quit this week also.

taylor0017
03-26-2006, 03:09 PM
So what is the problem with Bruce? Why are all the front office quitting? Someone must know?

Nielson11
03-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Hey Guys,

Brucey left because he got a new job at the Chinook Country Tourist Association.

Nielson

loudi94
03-28-2006, 10:33 PM
I was right, Pogge's having a Sampson issue right now. Maybe investing in a toupee rather than going through three sets of pads may be in order.

'Canes11
03-31-2006, 05:29 PM
:burningma Firstly to all those 'Canes "Fans" out there who only cheer for the team when they are winning. Shame on you... and you deserve what ever ticket price the 'Canes decide to charge.... as for the playoff packages... to each there own. :burningma

Secondly I personally have not been surpised at all by this series I fully expected the Hurricanes to come out and take atleast 2 games. When the 'Canes make it to round 2 and then on to round 3 you will be wishing you bought a playoff pack.

As for Pogge and his pads... I would like to thank him for supporting the white out in Lethbridge by retuning to his white pads.

As far as the games go I missed game 2 although I heard it was a very good game... Game 3 was wonderfull... For all those 'canes fans... the po-gge chant really rattles him lets keep it up.

Game 4 was a crock... Calgary needed the ref to give them a goal that (as seen very clearly on replay) NEVER crossed the Goal line. I was on the other end of the rink and even I saw that. If that is what Calgary has to resort to well then maybe the 'Canes really are the better team.