PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to game 3?

nivek_wahs
03-28-2006, 02:45 AM
I seriously can't wait until tonight's game. Hopefully the Pats come out and dictate the play (hey they will finally have last change and maybe get a line matchup or 2 :laugh: ). Unfortunately there will be no free Motrin give-away tonight, but they are handing out some sort of Pats banner-type thing :spineyes: . I will be the guy wearing the old-style Pats jersey (red) and shorts (the shorts wearing I have done all year) sitting in section R. If you see me feel free to chat :groovy:.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-28-2006, 12:05 PM
I seriously can't wait until tonight's game. Hopefully the Pats come out and dictate the play (hey they will finally have last change and maybe get a line matchup or 2 :laugh: ). Unfortunately there will be no free Motrin give-away tonight, but they are handing out some sort of Pats banner-type thing :spineyes: . I will be the guy wearing the old-style Pats jersey (red) and shorts (the shorts wearing I have done all year) sitting in section R. If you see me feel free to chat :groovy:.

I will be coming to Regina for game #3 and I will be the guy wearing my Blades Jersey (road) and tan pants to make it all blend together.

(despite the luck that the Blades had when I wore my home jersey to the first 2 home games.)

I do not know were I will be sitting,but nontheless it should be an awesome game.

Good luck to both the Pats and Blades in both games 3 & 4. :)

Triton
03-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Congrats on the win tonight over the Blades.Good to see you make a series of it.

nivek_wahs
03-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Congrats on the win tonight over the Blades.Good to see you make a series of it.

I have to agree. Decent game. Horrible reffing (BOTH ways, I wont even go into it :burningma ). Pats work hard to come back from 3-1 down to win. GO PATS GO!!!

from reginapats.com

Craig Schira's first career overtime goal was worth the wait. Schira's blast at the 3:30 mark of overtime sent 5,619 fans home happy as the Pats jumped right back in their best-of-seven playoff series defeating the Saskatoon Blades 5 - 4.

The Pats seemed destined for defeat when the Blades struck for three goals in under two minutes midway through the first period to hold a two goal advantage after the first period, but the Queen City Kids climbed back in the game and the series by outplaying their provincial rivals for the majority of the game.

The Regina Pats set the tone early delivering several body-checks and were able to score the opening goal of the game when Justin Bernhardt's backhand shot beat a sprawling Anton Khudobin 6:53 into the game. Bernhardt's goal was set-up by Matt Robinson, who made a nifty move on a Blade defender and almost beat the Russian netminder himself. Garrett Festerling added the other assist.

Devin Setoguchi raced along the left wing and took a Joe Logan drop pass and promptly wired a shot past David Reekie to even the score on the power-play at the 9:46 mark.

One minute later Wacey Rabbit was left all alone in front of the net to score his second of the series. Chad Klassen had the lone assist on the play.

Setoguchi notched his fifth of the series from the exact spot Rabbit scored from fourty-six seconds later. David Schulz & Aaron Bader had the assists.

Setoguchi's second goal led to a Pats timeout, which seemed to restore order for the Queen City Kids.

Both teams fired fourteen shots on goal in the opening twenty minutes.

Matt Robinson scored his first of the post-season 6:44 into the second period putting a back-hand shot past Khudobin. Denis Tolpeko & Kyle Ross had the assists to draw the Pats within a goal.

Petr Kalus roofed a highlight-reel back-hand past Khudobin after some great work by Justin Bernhardt in the offensive end. Kyle Ross picked up his second of the game on the goal that evened the score heading into the third period.

The Pats outshot Saskatoon 11 - 8 in the second period.

Garrett Festerling tipped a Logan Pyett point-shot 1:49 into the third period to give the Pats the lead. Petr Kalus had the other assist.

Chad Klassen tied the game with four minutes remaining putting home a wrist-shot that Reekie partially stopped before sliding past the line which sent the game into overtime. The Pats outshot the Blades 12 - 6 in the third period.

The shots at the end of regulation were 37 - 28 for the Pats.

Joe Logan's two-minute hooking penalty 2:27 into overtime put the Pats on the power-play.

David Reekie made twenty-four saves in his first career WHL playoff victory. Anton Khudobin made thirty-four saves in defeat.

The Pats were 1/5 on the power-play. Saskatoon was 1/7 on the man-advantage.

To view the official online game sheet click here

The series resumes on Wednesday at Brandt Centre in a 7:00PM start.

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Even though the Blades lost,and were out worked by the Pats in the 2nd & 3rd periods. Regina has a nice arena(considering it is an older building),the washrooms were different,the concourse was small, on the possitive side the seats were padded :). I picked up 2 sets of pats player cards,so I do not need to trade.I was treated very well,except when a Pats fan was very negative toward the Blades and no respect whatsoever.But I just smiled back and kept a cool head,I know that there are fan(s) like that in every arena,so it did not bother me. I wish that I could have gone back for game #4, but had no way of getting there :burningma I would have liked to chat with you Kevin,but did not see you,it did not help that some of the seats are red :laugh: and that you wore a red jersey,just messin with you. So If you are comming to Saskatoon for game #5 then we should have a chat then. :wave: