PDA

View Full Version : Warriors have to get the forecheck going

Warrior Fan
03-28-2006, 11:13 AM
If we don't start hitting those dmen on every damn shift we are done in 5. I can't believe we look so tired on every single shift. Get Zetariuk and Gillen off of the PP. Gillen is horrible along the boards and just can't get the job done. I would rather see Wray and Smith on the ice for those chances. He is a good player but not a good man along the boards. YOu have to play to your strengths. Our first PP unit has to have a guy carry the puck out of the zone. We need to have strong forwards in the corner and a guy to work the front of the net.
I would have to say this is what they need for people.

Svennson has to play D on the first PP unit. He carries the puck well and can get by the first attacker with speed. Then you put Hanson on the point with him. Our best offensive dman at this point. He passes well and is very composed.
You have Boyd Holzapfel and Brouwer on the first PP up front. Brouwer hits the front of the net and screens/deflects and rebounds til he dies. Boyd and Holzapfel are great players with great hands and good hockey sense. They also have the speed to beat dmen to the puck on the dump in.

Second PP unit has to be

Zetariuk and Jones on the point. both are opposite shots and they need to spread wide for hard onetime shots. You have Wray and McArdle on each side of the goal with McKenzie screening out front. You take the past to the one side. He brings it down low then back up high across to the other side dman and one timer. If that happens back and forth for the rest of the PP We are in good shape. Mckenzie will get some garbage and is huge in front of the net. McArdle and Wray are both good enough to get the job done.

This is how it has to be.

We want success this will work best with what we have.

Warrior Fan
03-28-2006, 11:16 AM
Jones has to take a little off. The object here is to hit the net not put it through the goalie. If he doens't like that than too dman bad. Bench him. He has to hit the net or the second PP doesn't succeed. McKenzie can't fell afraid to stand in front. He has to be comfortable. This PP will generate some serious chances and get the scramble effect on the Brandon side. Get it shoot. If the rebound comes out and they don't have a good scoring chance you go right back to the point across and boom another one time immediately. Pressure pressure pressure. Pure success.

If we don't start hitting those dmen on every damn shift we are done in 5. I can't believe we look so tired on every single shift. Get Zetariuk and Gillen off of the PP. Gillen is horrible along the boards and just can't get the job done. I would rather see Wray and Smith on the ice for those chances. He is a good player but not a good man along the boards. YOu have to play to your strengths. Our first PP unit has to have a guy carry the puck out of the zone. We need to have strong forwards in the corner and a guy to work the front of the net.
I would have to say this is what they need for people.

Svennson has to play D on the first PP unit. He carries the puck well and can get by the first attacker with speed. Then you put Hanson on the point with him. Our best offensive dman at this point. He passes well and is very composed.
You have Boyd Holzapfel and Brouwer on the first PP up front. Brouwer hits the front of the net and screens/deflects and rebounds til he dies. Boyd and Holzapfel are great players with great hands and good hockey sense. They also have the speed to beat dmen to the puck on the dump in.

Second PP unit has to be

Zetariuk and Jones on the point. both are opposite shots and they need to spread wide for hard onetime shots. You have Wray and McArdle on each side of the goal with McKenzie screening out front. You take the past to the one side. He brings it down low then back up high across to the other side dman and one timer. If that happens back and forth for the rest of the PP We are in good shape. Mckenzie will get some garbage and is huge in front of the net. McArdle and Wray are both good enough to get the job done.

This is how it has to be.

We want success this will work best with what we have.