PDA

View Full Version : Zimmer Suspended/ Vandekamp Fined

Beaner
03-29-2006, 04:29 PM
from, www.whl.ca

Date Player Team Description

March 29 Mike Vandekamp Prince George Cougars $500.00 fine for game miscondut vs. Vancouver on March 28

March 29 Myles Zimmer Prince George Cougars One game suspension for elbow major and game misconduct vs Vancouver on March 28

I didnt see the hit, so I can't comment on wether it was worthy of a suspension, but this really has to hurt the Cougars.

Cougars are going to really have to come together to replace Zimmer, and get the win tonight. Might be the spark they need to bounce back though.

Gilbert_Brule_Fan
03-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Nasty hit on Lamb, good job it was a suspension!

bones
03-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Thats brutal, Zimmer didnt get his elbow up or anything, replays clearly show Lamb trying to duck the hit, so obviously when he goes down on one knee to duck it and he gets hit his head is going to take the full force of the hit instead of his body. Lamb just should of taken the hit but then again what else would you expect from that kid.

rinkrat
03-29-2006, 06:04 PM
then again what else would you expect from that kid.

Please elaborate,I'm sure you can back up that statement with facts. :thumb:

KBF
03-29-2006, 06:13 PM
What garbage, once more the WHL caters to those with lots of money. Saw the same garbage last year with the Kooteany Ice and Ed Chynoweth. Of COURSE Giant fans will agree with the call, but I saw the hit and it was nothing worse than what that little toad Brule has pulled in the series let alone his career. I can't even count how many times this fruitcake has jumped 3 feet off the ice to take someones head off.

Pathetic, I hope the Cougars shove it down the league and Toigos throats tonite.

Oh-Vee
03-29-2006, 06:55 PM
As an impartial viewer at the game last night I don`t think that the hit deserved a suspension or a major penalty. I had a great view of the hit and there was no intent to hit the head.

I think Zimmer had the idea that he pushed Lamb at the same time as he hit him he would tumble into the Cougers bench (always an amusing play). Unfortunatly Lamb ducked when Zimmer was pushing and hit his head on the edge of the bench. It looked bad when Lamb was on the ice, but in my opinion it reflected badly on Lamb when as soon as the benches were told it was a major and a game he got up and then played on the powerplay. I don`t know if he was playing it up but it didn`t look good.

Knuckles Muldoon
03-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Zimmer saw a guy stationary along the boards, went to hit him and led with his elbow. Simple as that. Good call on the suspension. And good captaining, Zim. :spineyes:

Cougar Guy
03-29-2006, 07:49 PM
As an impartial viewer at the game last night I don`t think that the hit deserved a suspension or a major penalty. I had a great view of the hit and there was no intent to hit the head.

I think Zimmer had the idea that he pushed Lamb at the same time as he hit him he would tumble into the Cougers bench (always an amusing play). Unfortunatly Lamb ducked when Zimmer was pushing and hit his head on the edge of the bench. It looked bad when Lamb was on the ice, but in my opinion it reflected badly on Lamb when as soon as the benches were told it was a major and a game he got up and then played on the powerplay. I don`t know if he was playing it up but it didn`t look good.

Exactly how I saw it as well. I figured a 2 minute minor would be assessed and that would be the end of it. Rehman didn't have a clue out there last night. I should also add that I'm not blaming the refs because we would've lost even if the reffing was fantastic . . . but it was not. The guy was in WAY over his head and it's too bad because it could've been a much more enjoyable game.

rinkrat
03-29-2006, 08:34 PM
What garbage, once more the WHL caters to those with lots of money. What a pathetic post. :spineyes:
I'd say that by definition the team owners are ALL rich.I don't see too many poor people buying WHL teams.
Grow up and stop making lame excuses.

bones
03-30-2006, 03:05 AM
Please elaborate,I'm sure you can back up that statement with facts. :thumb:

Oh sorry I should of said "what do you expect from that team." Anytime they are about to get hit they do one of three things, blow snow, duck or dive. Its sick to watch it. About as sick as watching Slade dive when no one is around him, does he not realize how pathetic it looks when he flails himself backwards and throws his stick, everytime, and the league is embarrasing itself when it lets guys do this and calls penalties on the opposing team for b.s. like that.

rinkrat
03-30-2006, 08:34 AM
About as sick as watching Slade dive when no one is around him,

Bowles would never dive... :spineyes:

langdak
03-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Bowles would never dive... :spineyes:

nope never........lol

oh hang on...........maybe, but only when parker skates by him

BIG_CLAW
03-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Are there any giant posters that are over over 12 years old? :confused:

TheBrass
03-30-2006, 02:30 PM

Answer: About as many as other teams have

Have a nice day :thumb:

dondo
03-30-2006, 03:55 PM

you might want to say that about your own posters...

"that team always ducks?" I've been watching them all season and the vast majority of Giants players I've seen take the hit and give it. And i have never seen a Cougar player duck a hit.. oh no never.. yeah right

"once more the WHL caters to those with the money?" are you freaking kidding me? what a pathetic statement, it has nothing to do with being poor it has to do with taking dangerous and vindictive plays out of the game.

here's a reminder boys the very first penalty of the game was a Zimmer ELBOW clear-cut and deliberate, so its not like he's above that kind of play.

The check in question whether it was a high elbow or not, was a check from behind (right on the numbers) - with more than few strides to get a head of steam up. From what I saw it was an intent to injure and that's how it was called (not that I am a Rehman fan or anything.. cause I'm not).

now I may be biased the other way, but this is going both ways and you've got to acknowledge that it was dirty hit and could have been a very serious injury, which luckily it was not. I admit when my players make dirty hits. Maybe you guys should too. Whether or not it should have been a suspension is definitely debatable though.

BIG_CLAW
03-30-2006, 05:54 PM
You might be biased? Your whole post just forgets about Brule jumping zimmer from behind in game 2. please enlighten on that play. :skeptical

bones
03-30-2006, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=dondo]you might want to say that about your own posters...

"that team always ducks?" I've been watching them all season and the vast majority of Giants players I've seen take the hit and give it. And i have never seen a Cougar player duck a hit.. oh no never.. yeah right

here's a reminder boys the very first penalty of the game was a Zimmer ELBOW clear-cut and deliberate, so its not like he's above that kind of play.

The check in question whether it was a high elbow or not, was a check from behind (right on the numbers) - with more than few strides to get a head of steam up. From what I saw it was an intent to injure and that's how it was called (not that I am a Rehman fan or anything.. cause I'm not).
QUOTE]

First of all I never said that they always duck, I said they do one of three things, blow snow, duck or dive, maybe on the odd occaison they will take a hit but not too often. Second Im not really gonna go into that hit because I didnt quite see it from my point of view. But about the hit he got suspended for that was absolute b.s. Have you even seen the hit? You must not of or else you have a terrible grasp of the game and have no idea about the fundamentals of hitting. You might want to check a replay of it and for you, you'll probably want to put it in slow motion so you can see the whole play unfold nice and clearly. When you do see it, you will notice Lamb skating with the puck down the boards and as soon as he sees Zimmer coming to hit him he gets scared so he goes down on one knee to try and dodge the hit. Why would he do that? Probably because hes an idiot, why is he an idiot, because in peewee you get taught to just take a hit because when you duck it you put your head in the impact zone instead of your body and chances are you will get hurt. Also watch Zimmers body as he goes in for the hit, hes in perfect form, arms tucked into his body(no elbows out anywhere) and finsihes his hit, cleanly, not from behind because if you watch closely you will see the side of his head hit the top part of the bench and his face bounce off of the padding on the corner of the glass. Just because Zimmer knows how to hit and can hit hard doesnt mean its an attempt to injure penalty. So dont bother trying to bring that up again until youve taken a look at it and learned a bit more about the mechanics of the game of hockey. :wave:

C.F
03-30-2006, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=dondo]you might want to say that about your own posters...

QUOTE]

First of all I never said that they always duck, I said they do one of three things, blow snow, duck or dive, maybe on the odd occaison they will take a hit but not too often. Second Im not really gonna go into that hit because I didnt quite see it from my point of view. But about the hit he got suspended for that was absolute b.s. Have you even seen the hit? You must not of or else you have a terrible grasp of the game and have no idea about the fundamentals of hitting. You might want to check a replay of it and for you, you'll probably want to put it in slow motion so you can see the whole play unfold nice and clearly. When you do see it, you will notice Lamb skating with the puck down the boards and as soon as he sees Zimmer coming to hit him he gets scared so he goes down on one knee to try and dodge the hit. Why would he do that? Probably because hes an idiot, why is he an idiot, because in peewee you get taught to just take a hit because when you duck it you put your head in the impact zone instead of your body and chances are you will get hurt. Also watch Zimmers body as he goes in for the hit, hes in perfect form, arms tucked into his body(no elbows out anywhere) and finsihes his hit, cleanly, not from behind because if you watch closely you will see the side of his head hit the top part of the bench and his face bounce off of the padding on the corner of the glass. Just because Zimmer knows how to hit and can hit hard doesnt mean its an attempt to injure penalty. So dont bother trying to bring that up again until youve taken a look at it and learned a bit more about the mechanics of the game of hockey. :wave:

The Cougs PBP guy's arrogance sure has rubbed off onto the PG fans. That or the other way around.

Keep up the classy posts, Prince George.

bones
03-31-2006, 12:33 AM
The Cougs PBP guy's arrogance sure has rubbed off onto the PG fans. That or the other way around.

Keep up the classy posts, Prince George.

Its not arrogance, its called knowing what youre talking about before shooting off your mouth like a fool.

GF71
03-31-2006, 01:47 AM
I think you guys should meet at the monkey bars after school and settle this properly. :spineyes:

TheBrass
03-31-2006, 10:22 AM
I think you guys should meet at the monkey bars after school and settle this properly. :spineyes:

The voice of reason at last...............well said GF71

:wave:

Sput
03-31-2006, 12:49 PM
ALRIGHT....ENOUGH ALREADY! Zimmer's first penalty of the game was a called elbow, because he put his arms up to 'defend' himself from Brule jumping at/hitting him. (don't deny that Gilbert leaves his feet on many of his checks) The report I got during game 4 was that the league looked at it, and while they felt Lamb ducked, that it could have been a high hit that could have hit the head. IMHO a cheesey call on that one by the league.

That being said....did the Cougars play well enough to deserve a win? Don't think so. Did officiating play a part in that? Probably yes, but we know that when you draw Rehman as a ref, its going to be a crappy game with no flow.

So....I purposely didn't post on here until a day or so after the games, just to keep the emotion and heated comments out of it. If you are a Cougar fan you hated the games, the refs, and the non-calls Vancouver got. On the other side, if you are a Giants fan, you could easily have picked out just as many non-calls on the Cougars, but you loved the games anyway. Its a matter of perspective, and the perspective from PG is it was poorly called games by all the on-ice officials.

Hatguy
04-01-2006, 01:33 PM
I think this little yelling match has gone on for long enough. I know you may have strong emotions about this, I know how this feels. But you guys have to grow up and move on. There is still more hockey to play in this series. So meet at the flagpole at 3:15 and end it.

HAF
04-01-2006, 03:16 PM
Keep your posts on topic or I'll have Sput lock it up!!

Swando
04-02-2006, 01:31 AM
When a team can't skate it's obvious they must clutch , grab or cheap shot. Zimmer did the same thing tonight in the PG's final game and Zimmers final game. There would have being NO suspension but the POWERS AT BE looked at it closely and there is a NO TOLERANCE for head shots in the WHL.
If Vancouver's rich pockets had any pull then the player that smeared his elbow all over Kraus's face and broke his jaw would have got alot more than the measily 3 games he did get !!! Give you head a shake and keep the posts sane.