PDA

View Full Version : Garth Collins departure

Triton
03-30-2006, 02:15 PM
What happened?Why did he leave??

BONGHIT1
03-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Lack Of Playing Time??

Doesnt Really Matter Much, To Me Anyways.. Was Nice To Have A Fighter Onboard, But When You Lose Them All It Takes Some Of The Joy Out Of That!

Triton
03-30-2006, 02:55 PM
He lost them all?

BONGHIT1
03-30-2006, 03:40 PM
Dont Have An Answer To That .. But After So Many Losses, I Stopped Paying Attention. I Give Him Credit For Fighting, Since No One Else Really Fit That Role, But He Needs To Learn To Skate/balance First, Then Fighting Comes Later!

Beaner
03-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Wow this is a shocker. How is this going to effect the Hawks locker room?

BONGHIT1
03-30-2006, 06:03 PM
Since He Hadnt Played A Second In The First 3 Games.. Prob. Not Gonna Do Much, Hopefully!

chipperfan
03-30-2006, 06:31 PM
he didnt get much playing time in the playoffs either.his skating did need alot of work though and i have to wonder if that and his lack of playing time didnt have something to do with it.too bad for garty but maybe it wasnt his tru calling,lol.

Dwight Schrute
03-30-2006, 10:36 PM
well big garth is welcome back in pa anytime
there is a thread on the raider board saying bring him back
you guys really did win the trade with the lazy heartless tipper that you guys sent us for "all heart always an effort garth"
he may not win all his fights but he wont back down from anybody. you think its easy to fight stoez and kassian and boogard and emmerson tidball, etc..
the guy led the league in fights for a reason, he is all heart and gives his all to the team. personally i think he should do what my cousin did, take boxing in the off season. it worked out well for him he ended up being drafted and playing a successful minor league career (and earning a comfortable salary too).
anyhow you guys were blessed to have garth and we'd welcome him back

Triton
03-31-2006, 11:54 AM
From what I have heard he had an altercation with assistant coach Brian Pellerin who interestingly enough is my uncle.

Triton
03-31-2006, 12:33 PM
well big garth is welcome back in pa anytime
there is a thread on the raider board saying bring him back
you guys really did win the trade with the lazy heartless tipper that you guys sent us for "all heart always an effort garth"
he may not win all his fights but he wont back down from anybody. you think its easy to fight stoez and kassian and boogard and emmerson tidball, etc..
the guy led the league in fights for a reason, he is all heart and gives his all to the team. personally i think he should do what my cousin did, take boxing in the off season. it worked out well for him he ended up being drafted and playing a successful minor league career (and earning a comfortable salary too).
anyhow you guys were blessed to have garth and we'd welcome him back

who's your cousin?

rezstyle
03-31-2006, 12:46 PM
He lost them all?
He didn't lose them all. And to agree with Danno, he's fighting tough competition. I heard through the grapevine he may have been still suffering from a shoulder problem throughout the first half of the season and lost all his fights I saw him in. However, he had a late season good showing against both Stoesz & Boogard....I actually gave him the win in the Boogard fight.

I would like to see him in Portland again next season, but if nothing else, he has to stay out west. I'd hate to see Portland have to rely upon McLaren as their only heavy, because I don't know if he's willing to step up to a Boogard, Stoesz or Kassian unless forced to.

Swando
04-13-2006, 12:03 AM
OXYMORON --New one--Sucessful minor league career. lol Don't take offense. It's my humor

natural_center
04-13-2006, 04:55 PM
OXYMORON --New one--Sucessful minor league career. lol Don't take offense. It's my humor

I'd be pretty happy making AHL money to play a game.

Just sayin'.

Dwight Schrute
04-13-2006, 06:52 PM
any more news on why he decided to leave the team mid playoffs ?