PDA

View Full Version : Sakic

sectionL
03-31-2006, 11:28 AM
http://www.nhl.com/columns/wigge/sakic033006.html
its a good read, about joe sakics life in hockey and even has a part about the bus crash that happened when he played for the Broncos

Johnsy05
03-31-2006, 04:21 PM
http://www.nhl.com/columns/wigge/sakic033006.html
its a good read, about joe sakics life in hockey and even has a part about the bus crash that happened when he played for the Broncos

Wow great read... just reminded me why he is my favorite player of all time.

Scout
03-31-2006, 05:29 PM
Talk about flashbacks with the bus crash. I billeted the team captain when that happened and alot of the players came to our house right after. Joe was always a class guy and to this day he is still the same. I remember one of the players telling me that Joe was sent back to Burnaby by Lethbridge because he was to small wasen't a good enough skater to play in the W.H.L. Did he prove him wrong. He was given the chance in Swift Current and never looked back. Theo Fluery and Joe had such a rivalry in junior it was unreal. Anybody remember "POP GOES THE WEASEL" whenever Theo lost his cool or took a penalty?

Scout

Stay-Puft
03-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Great article. Great story for the younger kids, heck everyone, about how to be great person, regardless of athlete or not.

Flathead
03-31-2006, 06:12 PM
POP GOES THE WEASEL, for Theo was great.
You billeted Lackten? We've had some great captains over the years and him and Luke are among the top for me. Do you still keep in touch with Kurt? He should be inducted into the Bronco's Hall of Fame.

Scout
03-31-2006, 06:25 PM
I made an error there. I billeted Ian Herbers who was the assistant. Getting old and forgetful.

Scout

Tiger Trauma
03-31-2006, 10:19 PM
Sakic is the man!...Great article!

Toswammi
04-01-2006, 01:20 PM
That is an amazing read. Its no secret in these parts that a little bit of heart can make up for a lot of shortcomings. And when you have heart and skill you will be remembered as one of the greats.