View Full Version : CFL news

nivek_wahs
03-31-2006, 01:49 PM
from tsn.ca
Stampeders acquire McManus from Eskimos
TSN.ca Staff
3/31/2006 2:19:56 PM

Danny McManus is on the move again.

The Calgary Stampeders acquired the 16-year veteran from the Edmonton Eskimos in exchange for a third round pick in the 2006 Draft.

“We are excited to add a proven veteran that will bring a championship attitude and incredible knowledge of the game to our club," Stampeders general manager Jim Barker said in a statement.

McManus spent the 2005 season with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats where he played the last eight seasons. This past year he dressed in all 18 regular season games bringing his career total to 280 (7th overall in CFL history).

McManus currently sits second in career passing yards (52,975), pass attempts (6,929) and pass completions (3,624). He also sits 6th all-time in CFL history with 258 passing touchdowns.

"I’m extremely excited to be joining the Calgary Stampeders as I’ve always wanted to be a part of this organization," McManus said in a statement. "The Stampeders organization ended the 2005 year on a very strong note, winning seven of their last eight regular season games, leaving a lot of optimism for the coming season. Heading into the year I’m really looking forward to working with a great young Quarterback in Henry Burris."

langdak
03-31-2006, 01:56 PM
The stamps are becoming the Maple Leafs of the CFL

I wonder how many other "seniors" they will acquire

Good thing i am an Eskimos fan :thumb: see ya Danny Mac

Toswammi
04-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Who cares about the Stamps. Go Riders. Cant wait for the season to start. Me thinks that i just may end up at Taylor Field a few times again this year. :clap:

dondo
04-01-2006, 03:18 PM
always wanted to see a Riders game at Taylor field. As someone who grew up in Calgary, the Stamps were always my team (always with a soft spot for the Green Riders - just the 'Riders now I guess *sigh* - there's a certain cachet to having two teams called the roughriders ;) :thumb:

McMahon stadium is good place to watch a game, but I think the fans in Regina would be a great group to be a part of. I don't like the Dome out here and its gotten very expensive to see a CFL game in Van. A few years back you could get a seat for like 13 or 14 bucks, now the cheap seats are closer to 25 and go up from there.

CFL games do not belong in domes, football needs to played in the elements.