PDA

View Full Version : Love calls FitzGerald "Classy"

Tipped Off
02-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Listening to 3-6 with the Fish on Northsound 1380 and Mitch Love was the guest in studio. they talked about the brawl that transpired at the end of the 2-0 Tips win Saturday night at the EEC. Just to recap, Mitch was chipping on Fitz for crashing the crease late in the game. Amidst the scrum, Mitch ended up on his back on the Ice with Fitz sitting on top of his mid-section. Mitch did not say Fitz was a n angel, saying he got his head pounde don the ice a couple times and had a few welts to show for it, but he said the officials had other scrums to attend to and Fitz could have seriously injured him had he chosen to do so. He wwent on to say he thought this was a "classy" move by Fitz.

I have to say, seeing it from the stands, I was one of the people who thought Fitz took some cheap shots. I have to take it all back now cause there's no better source on this than the guy on the recieving end of those whacks. Mitch is the type of person that if he had a problem with what happened, he would let us know about it.

On a side note he also said he suspects Wall will receive a call from the office for a game suspension or two for his use of his blocker in knocking Hansen around the ice.

Buannan
02-07-2005, 10:10 PM
there is an unwritten code of honor (that's honour for the canucks) for fighting in hockey

some people get it
some don't

I'm happy (and not a bit surprised) that Fitz is one of those that gets it

ihlemic10
02-07-2005, 11:38 PM
According to the Tips fan Forum, Wall has recieved a 1 game suspension to be served on Wednesday against Kelwona.