PDA

View Full Version : Pats take Game 5

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-31-2006, 09:46 PM
Pats played great tonight, shutting down the setoguchi line, and win a convincing victory of 5-2, forcing the series to come back to Regina. The blades goals were both PP goals. Even matsuoka :burningma , with his one sided calls every now and then could stop them tonight. I dont know why he is called the best Ref in the league, he certainly did not show it tonite. Seems like he never refs well for the pats... but i guess thats how it goes.

Anyways, The pats might play without their captain in game 6. Deck went down after taking a slapshot, and did not come back. Any updated information on whether he will play game 6 would be appreciated.

Game 6 will be a wild one. The pats face elimination again and need to play just as good if not better to force a game seven. Pack the dome on tuesday for what could possibly the last game in Regina this season. I have a good feeling about game 6 :thumb:

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-31-2006, 09:55 PM
the series is getting more and more exciting

patsfan33
04-01-2006, 01:44 AM
Went up to Toon town to catch this one...my main observations:

Reekie was freakin incredible :thumb:

Nick Ross...whoo do I LOVE watching this kid lay out the hits :clap:

Festy is coming alive...(Robinson feel free to follow suit anytime)

Basically we played one hell of a game tonight...great effort by everyone...we had the energy and the momentum in this one, shut the Blades big scoring line down (loved it) but we still managed a few defenisve lapses (although they were minimal tonight) I definately approve of not double shifting Pyett and Deck so much and allowing N. Ross and Schira more ice time--way to go Huntsie...BUT keep in mind that 44 shots on net by the opposition isn't the greatest stats guys, god bless Reeks cuz that kid stood on his head out there...

...so for all 60 minutes if we can keep the energy, and get our Euros to stay outta the freakin box, increase the amount of rubber we put on Khudobin and keep the Blade shot count down we should have no problem with game 6.

See ya'll on Tuesday :D GO PATS GO

witness
04-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Without a doubt, Tolpeko needs to be a factor for the Pats not against them. Lazy penality in the third period, but overall he was a better player last night.
Reekie was excellent and needs to continue to be so. Fuder was at his agitating best (I love it). Pyett has stepped up his game and was great last night. Festerling was also very good. But the Pat that has impressed me the most has been Bernhardt. This playoffs has been his coming out party. He is on a point a game pace and is creating all kinds of chances for him and his line mates.
Deck took a shot off the foot. Wanted to come back, but the trainer said no. His foot was immediately put in ice to try to keep the swelling down. He has 4 days to mend. I am assuming that the X-rays taken today are negative. I would be very surprised not to see Deck in uniform on Tuesday.

nivek_wahs
04-03-2006, 06:20 AM
Went up to Toon town to catch this one...my main observations:

Reekie was freakin incredible

Nick Ross...whoo do I LOVE watching this kid lay out the hits

Festy is coming alive...(Robinson feel free to follow suit anytime)

Basically we played one hell of a game tonight...great effort by everyone...we had the energy and the momentum in this one, shut the Blades big scoring line down (loved it) but we still managed a few defenisve lapses (although they were minimal tonight) I definately approve of not double shifting Pyett and Deck so much and allowing N. Ross and Schira more ice time--way to go Huntsie...BUT keep in mind that 44 shots on net by the opposition isn't the greatest stats guys, god bless Reeks cuz that kid stood on his head out there...

...so for all 60 minutes if we can keep the energy, and get our Euros to stay outta the freakin box, increase the amount of rubber we put on Khudobin and keep the Blade shot count down we should have no problem with game 6.

See ya'll on Tuesday GO PATS GO

I would have to agree with pretty much everything that you mentioned there.

Notes:
12 of the Blades shots came in the first 4 minutes of the 2nd period.

Is it just me or is the Saskatoon crowd very similar to the crowd in Regina? I thought for much of the game most people just sit and watch until there is a bad call and they yell or when there is a goal and it turns into a deafening roar for 30 seconds then it's quiet again. Regina's crowd at the Agridome (oops... I mean Brandt Centre) is almost the exact same. :spineyes:

I was there with the Pats bus trip people and man was it loud from our section at times... it was awesome. Lots of Blades fans in the setion to the right of us (16 I believe) must have thought we were crazy... some of the looks that our section received were Pricele$$. :laugh:

Where we were sitting (section 17), I had the perfect vantage point when Saskatoon scored their 2nd goal sections L & M looked like a huge wave pool with everyone getting up and going berserk... it looked totally awesome. :thumb:

Billy Blade, again I saw you and was going to come down and say hello but the concourse level was NUTS (like the Blades tv screen every time the Pats scored... I think that NUTS thing is hilarious), by the time I would have made it to your seat it would have been time for the intermission to end. Maybe next year. Unless you are coming to Regtown for game 6. :wave:

Great series do far... hoping for a GAME 7 SHOWDOWN!!!

That's all of my ramblings at this point in time.