PDA

View Full Version : Friday's Game

Blades9ine
04-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Friday the Blades couldn't do anything right, and if they did, the Pats would always come back and show better. Khudobin was shaky the whole night with some weak goals allowed. He should have saved atleast 3/5 of those goals. Blades had some chances to though, but just couldn't snap it by Pats goalie. And also besides the fact that Reekie has been playing amazing, with a 0.904 SV% for a 17 year old sounds pretty good to me. Along side Khudobin who has been playing well too with a 0.908 SV% who is only 19. Hopefully the Blades can pull it off in Regina next time they meet. Both teams have been playing great so it should be close. This ain't no walk in the park.

Billy Blade
04-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Going into Game 5 my thoughts were the Pats would take that one, and the Blades would wrap it up in Regina. We'll see if that comes true or not. The Blades just aren't dominant at home, and seem to play better away from the pressure which is funny as visiting rinks aren't usually fun in the playoffs. Except for Saskatoon of course where one or two hundred people can usually outcheer seven thousand.

Starting out in the quick 2-0 hole did not help the Blades out that's for sure. Khudobin's rebound control (or lack thereof) was the reason for the first goal, and on the second goal he simply was not ready or in position for the routine shot from just inside the zone. It doesn't concern me overly, as I don't know that Reekie will be able to stand on his head for three consecutive games, much the same that I do not expect Khudobin to fall flat for three consecutive. This series could still go either way, but the Pats created a rather big hill for themselves to climb and still have some climbing to do yet...

Regina was desperate and had to be, the Blades simply did not play their best game. Not by a long shot.