PDA

View Full Version : Thanks PG

Beaner
04-02-2006, 02:08 AM
For a good, hard, well fought opening round series. Even though things didnt go your way, it was still a battle, and the Cougars gave it their best shot.

Nice to see you make the playoffs this year, hopefully your orginization can take this experience and build on it for next year.

Cheers

Swando
04-02-2006, 02:24 AM
I 2nd Beaner's comments and he beat me to it. A hard fought battle and hats off to the Cougs for taming the Giants in games 1,2 and 4. It was a toss up in any of those games. Wouldn't mind a few of your players on our bench.

Knuckles Muldoon
04-02-2006, 11:42 AM
More of the same from here. Its tough to lose, but like swallowing your pride, it does eventually go down. Similar to our Giants battle with Kelowna last year, you just have to tip your hat to the winner, pick up the pieces and move on, even though it hurts. I think the Cougars did well to limit the Giants to very few good scoring chances in 3 of the 5 games. I liked the effort of some of the Cougars, yet I thought others had more to bring, but for some reason couldn't deliver. I think Vandecamp summed it up best when he stated that the Coogs defense ran out of gas. That's pretty much the way I saw it. No doubt the Giants caught a break without Rogers and Dudas in there. It would have caused the smaller Giants forwards a lot of trouble. All in all, a solid year of growth for the Coogs, and it was certainly nice to see them back in the playoffs again. As comparables at this point, the Coogs are moving forward, while Kamloops is stumbling. And that's okay by me. :thumb:

KBF
04-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Knuckles, I really do not understand the the thinking you Cougar fans on how you think your team is so far superior to the Blazers. I know a succesful season for anyone is barely squeaking into the playoffs but its hardly the time yet to say the Cougars are "on the right path" You guys will most likely lose Hunter, Featherstone, Patterson, Rogers, Bowles or Cyr, you may have some good prospects but they aren't going to do anything for a couple seasons and you should be thankful the Bruins are coming to the BC division next year otherwise it woulda been another playoffless season for the Cougars.

Do you think going on a 6 game losing streak to end the season and only making it because the Blazers faltered down the stretch is improvement, lol well then yikes I feel sorry for you. Guaranteed that Dean Clark's commitment to win is a hell of alot more than any of the Cougar managements desire and the fact they have convinced you Cougar fans that being 2 or 3 games over .500 and barely squeaking in the playoffs not even on your own accord by the way, and getting smoked by Vancouver and not having any of your so called "big guns" not even show up, and making the playoffs 1 time in the past 4 years.

bones
04-02-2006, 08:27 PM
KBF, Im pretty sure that Knuckles is a Giants fan.

Sput
04-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the cudos guys. It was a hard fought series, with good chances by both teams. A timely goal here and there, better pressure from some of the vets on the team, so on and so on, it would have been a longer series with a possible different outcome. Who knows. Its done now and its time to look at the positives from the year and use them for next year.

By the way KBF.....Knuckels IS a Vancouver fans....not a Cougar fan, so he is calling it how HE sees it. Its an opinion and everyone has one, just like you. :D

SectionNDeserter
04-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Do you think going on a 6 game losing streak to end the season and only making it because the Blazers faltered down the stretch is improvement, lol well then yikes I feel sorry for you.I think when your team misses the playoffs, the classy thing is to not say anything at all. :)

KBF
04-04-2006, 02:25 AM
The fact of the matter is, too many Cougar fans on other boards going on about their mediocre team. All Cougar fans did was rub it in the faces of Blazer fans for missing the playoffs, so I have NO problems returning the favour. The fact is the Blazers have missed the playoffs only once in 24 years of Blazer hockey. Good for the Cougars for making the playoffs, its about time. But I'd hardly call that "On the right track now" if the playoff format wasn't so goofy and stupid the Blazers would of been in there too. The Cougars didn't win their way into the playoffs, they got in by the Blazers losing their way and you can deny it all you want but a 6 game losing streak to end the season pretty much says it all.

And if any of you knew me, you would know I never back down from any argument or war of words, Giant fans saying it was a "tough series" are just being far to complimentary. The Cougars were badly outmatched and outplayed and except for game 2 I didn't see anything that remotley would be called putting up much of a fight.

bones
04-04-2006, 07:24 PM
Easy big guy, how can you say the only reason the Blazers didnt make it was because they faltered down the stretch? If they were so solid all year they should of made it when the Cougars lost 6 in a row to end the year, but they obviously arent as good as you think. Also did you actually watch the series between the Giants and Cougars? If you did you would of seen that the Cougars had a pretty solid game 1, 2 and 4 and half of game 5.

GF71
04-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Ahhhhhh Kamloops' Bitter Fan strikes again. He does eventually go away if you ignore him. :p

Sput
04-04-2006, 09:05 PM
OK....Time to carry on with the topic, not keep talking about who's team is better/worse than the other.

No....the Cougars didn't win all the games going into the playoffs, but they did win enough through the season to have enough points to make the playoffs in spite of the losing streaks they encountered. This was done by committee. An entire team effort. Despite having a depleted defensive core, key injuries to offensive players, and some guys just not having the will to play every night. The stars on the team shone bright for a good part of the season, and played hard all season, and simply had not enough experience to know what was happening in the first round. Plain and simple....they ran out of gas when they needed it the most.

Did they give Vancouver a challenge? For the most part I say they did. Did they have what it would have taken to beat the Giants? Realisticly no, but I think for the first game or two there was hope. All but game 3 were closely played by two teams that matched well together. It was entertaining to watch, and sometimes frusterating. It was a good series, and it went the way it was expected to go.