PDA

View Full Version : Fan bus going to Regina for game #6

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Myself and Blades 4 Life will probably be going to Regina on the fan bus,(I went to game 3 and was surrounded by Pats fans)(it did not help that the Blades lost that game,but the Pats were the more despirate team.(it should be very fun going with fellow Blades fans) The one thing that gets on my nerves and concerns me is the lack of advertising about the Booster Club,and the fan bus trips to road games. I was hoping that when they made the new www.saskatoonblades.com website,that was one thing they would consider,and to provide awareness about these types of events(giving information about who to contact if you were interested.) They give this information at the home games,and I have heard it also on the radio during road games,but it might help if they did add something like this on the Blades webiste( I know it takes alot of work to maintain and advertise a hockey team,ect,ect) to promote/advertise the booster club and the road trips that they go on each season.That is just a suggestion,and they are still doing a very good job :thumb:

I should not complain though because at least the team does have a Booster Club that orgainizes road trips and other events too.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-05-2006, 01:27 AM
For my first hockey road trip on the fan bus,along with another die hard Blades fan I have to say that it was an absolute riot(in a good way,and Blades 4 Life will probably agree with me(for the most part) I am so impressed,Now I really want to go on the fan bus trip to Medicine Hat. The trip to Regina was very quick,we arrived at the Brandt Centre at 5:30P.M,then we were given our tickets(we had very good seats :thumb:)It was a very good game(for obvious reasons) A.K.A the Blades won) and when Aaron Bader was announced as the 1st star of the game,he skated on the ice(as all of the players who are chosen as stars of the game do)but then he pointed to our section(as to say thank you for your support,and that it helped the entire team)

We left the Brandt centre not to long after the game(about 10-15 Minutes) and we got back into Saskatoon at 12 A.M

I am very impressed with the fans,they were not rude,or anything like that, and they were classy hockey fans. Kudos to you Regina,and the Pats played one GREAT series,despite trailing 2-0 in the series, battled their way back and took the series to game 6, where unfortunatly they were defeated. :D at the hands of the veteran Saskatoon Blades (good luck next year Pats) :clap:

The Regina Pats were a young team,and gave the Blades a pretty good run for their money.

The Series was a very entertaining one (and I was fortunate enough to see evey game except game # 4) I will not complain though,a very hard fought series by both teams.

I bought a bag of those Mini donuts and they are so good(and addicting too :groovy: )

It is just too bad that the CUC does not have something like that,but the food it still good,but very expensive(as it is in many other arenas)

Bran
04-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the kind words, you're a classy guy! I'm glad you were treated well, and that you liked the mini donuts! I usually sit in the section you were in, pretty good seats, indeed you can see everything there. I missed a bunch of stuff because Klassen was standing up in the box. (He was in there a lot!) Haha probably because everyone was yelling at him to sit down the first time he did it.

It wasn't a great game on the Pats part, but they've battled hard all year. Once people get over the disappointment of last night, they'll be able to look back and give these boys the credit they deserve for the great year they had. A few of their players have been very sick for the last little while, and I think it's just exhausted them. If both teams had been completely healthy, this may (or may not) have a different ending. For sure, last night would have been a little tougher on the Blades. Good luck in the rest of the playoffs (though I have to admit I'm not really cheering for you). However, I am looking forward to beating you next year! ;)