PDA

View Full Version : Next years 20 yr olds

HAF
04-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Who do you guys think they should be? Choose 3 Players.

HAF
04-02-2006, 06:09 PM
My choices are Gracik, Bacek and Stephenson. If Logan does end up going Pro next year then I'm going to have to go with Aldred. He had a rough late start this year coming off that spleen injury but I definately think 06-07 could be his break out year.

Stay-Puft
04-03-2006, 09:16 AM
I don't think Stevenson will be back next year. I like the year Gracik had and Bacek is fun to watch, but I don't see us keeping both. I have a hard time with keeping one, since it would occupy an overage and euro spot with one player.

I think we will see Aldred, Boogard, and Jones. Jones will be an asset on the blue line with both Mestery and Schmidt coming in next year as 16's.

Ronn C
04-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Since we only get to protect 12 players from Chilliwack's expansion draft and we have two first round pick of Euro's this year (one coming from Vancouver)
it is going to be interesting who gets protected. If Stephenson doesn't get signed the choices get tough, but if he does I would only keep Aldred and protect my younger players and let the Bruins pick away at my 20's. Ronn C

Stay-Puft
04-05-2006, 12:49 PM
Since we only get to protect 12 players from Chilliwack's expansion draft and we have two first round pick of Euro's this year (one coming from Vancouver)
it is going to be interesting who gets protected. If Stephenson doesn't get signed the choices get tough, but if he does I would only keep Aldred and protect my younger players and let the Bruins pick away at my 20's. Ronn C
The 20's don't need to be chosen until opening night of next season, or in that time frame. I don't think we will protect any of next year's 20's for the expansion draft. With the limited number of protections, I agree and think we would be wiser to protect players that will be around for 2, maybe 3, years (like Procyshen, Watt, Glennie) who are eligible to be taken.

wanderer292
04-05-2006, 01:25 PM
I dont see either Gracik or Bacek being our 20s they wiould take up both a overage and a eruo spot.
I am putting my hopes on Stephenson, Boogy, and Aldred

HAF
04-05-2006, 10:31 PM
We can now scratch Bacek off that list for sure now. He has returned to Slovakia and it was announced today he will be playing there next year.

rezstyle
04-06-2006, 11:21 AM

I believe certain age groups are automatically protected from Chilliwick in the expansion draft, but I may be wrong. Seems like I picked that up in another website, or possibly the general whl discussion here.

HAF
04-06-2006, 06:56 PM
I believe certain age groups are automatically protected from Chilliwick in the expansion draft, but I may be wrong. Seems like I picked that up in another website, or possibly the general whl discussion here.

I believe all '90 born players are exempt from the expansion draft.

Brad
04-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Didn't Westie say on the noon show a couple weeks ago that both Gracik and Bacek were going to play in Europe next year?

HAF
04-07-2006, 12:29 AM
Didn't Westie say on the noon show a couple weeks ago that both Gracik and Bacek were going to play in Europe next year?

I never heard that. I'm not saying it isnt true, I just never knew anything about it.

Stay-Puft
04-07-2006, 10:45 AM
I believe all '90 born players are exempt from the expansion draft.
According to a post in the General section, all 91's are exempt as well. That would explain why we have a large amount of 90 and 91's on the PPL.

One of the stories on the Ams website talks about the Trashers and Gracik. I read it as they are still looking at him, but there are a lot of top notch talent ahead of him. With Bacek not coming back, I would think Gracik isn't either. He may play minor league (AHL, ECHL), but he won't be with the Ams.