PDA

View Full Version : My predictions for next years team

KBF
04-02-2006, 11:30 PM
If Clark stays in his GM role and is searching for another head coach after the sheer travesty and unjust firing of Mark Ferner last year, here is my list, and no rookie coaches or up and comers. We need a hard nosed veteran coach who can get the job done.

1.Bob Lowes
2.Mike Williamson
3.Brian Maxwell

Guarantee you these guys may not be well liked by their players, but they don't put up with any kind of crap. And from Deans comments in KTW, he's serious about not letting this happen again and focusing on bringing a style that fans will want to see. And I believe him as he is a very passionate hockey man and I've never had any doubts in him at all. Way too many knuckleheads on this team.

What we need.

1.More Offense, hopefully we can start drafting better Euros once again and get a couple snipers.

2.Rock Solid D-man, geez how long have we been saying this for? We haven't had a rock back there since Regehr.

3.Better leadership, Jorgensen needs help in having fellow teamates lead and showing the younger guys the ropes, for many parts this season the youngsters outplayed the so called "vets"

Gone

Overagers

Ashton Rome
TJ Mulock

Eligible overagers

Devan Dubnyk (AHL)

Moises Guttierez (ECHL/AHL) Still don't know what they see in this guy.

Joel Eisenkirch (McDonalds)

Matt Kassian(Love his presence, but can't skate and doesn't do enough to garner a overage spot on this team, we can't have anymore average OA anymore)

Reid Jorgensen(If he's healthy, he'll be among the scoring leaders next year as well as being the best PK man in the league)

Kevin Hayman (Solid leader, will have to step up his offense to be worthy of a spot and if he does that I would be quite happy, he showed great leadership)

Ray Macias (Loaded with talent, but way to soft and took off too many nights over the course of his career)

So as it stands now, out of this list the only overager I can see coming back is Jorgensen for sure. I think if Kassian doesn't turn pro I can see him being traded for a pick or a youngster of a contending team.

One guy who has been talked about coming here and don't jump on me too much but Chris Ray of Kelowna. He may be the odd man out there and would be a great addition to this team. Would sure love to see him in blue and orange.

My dream 3 overagers would be Jorgensen, Ray and Yeo.

As it stands this is my lineup.

Nixon-Jorgensen-Euro
Dunstall-Euro-Stretch
Shattock-Mason-Dowd
Skrudland-Hall-Rodgers

Bartley-Bender
Ellerby-White
Rowley-Thiessen
Torborhm

Maniago
Kramer

WHEATMAN
04-04-2006, 06:34 PM
If Clark stays in his GM role and is searching for another head coach after the sheer travesty and unjust firing of Mark Ferner last year, here is my list, and no rookie coaches or up and comers. We need a hard nosed veteran coach who can get the job done.

1.Bob Lowes

If Bobby Lowes is gonna go anywhere next season, It will most likely be Brandon, he is currently our advance scout and him and Kelly McCrimmon stay close