PDA

View Full Version : A friendly wager to all posters.

Willis on the Welfare
02-08-2005, 12:20 AM
On the Swift Current Bronco page of this site I wrote a post about David Murray and how he has twice been screwed over by the WHL. Having read that post and thought about how the WHL must be losing sleep over their suspensions and non suspensions. I am willing to wager my place on this forum that sometime in the next month the WHL WILL suspend a star player just to save face. I am so sure of this by this time, March 8, 2005 if the WHL has not suspended a star player I will give some of the mods what they want and leave this board forever.

This will be my proof that the league head office is inept and clueless. A star player will be suspended for something stupid. Let's see who will pay the price for Jeff Glass' blocker antics. A first round draft pick? A world junior? Top scorer? My forum life is on the line.

Furback
02-08-2005, 01:08 AM
if you leave this forum i dont think it should bother you this forum is more strict than a nunary

Orv
02-08-2005, 01:10 AM
Define star player. Who is? Who isn't?

Willis on the Welfare
02-08-2005, 10:32 AM
I would say that a star player would have to meet at least one of the following criteria:

-An NHL 1st or second round draft pick

-A member of Canada's World Junior Team

-Someone who averages more than a point per game

-A highly skilled d-man (Mike Green, Andrej Meszaros, Kris Russel, Dustin Byfuglien, etc....)

It is still my prediction that someone who meets at least one of those characteristics will get suspended for at least one game just so league can save face. Who will the league punish for it's inaction on Glass?

Tipped Off
02-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Mike Wall, Silvertips netminder, is by no means in Glass' "star" category (or any star category for that matter), but I find it interesting he gets a one game suspension (to be served tomorrow against Kelowna) for using his blocker to kick Hansen's (T-birds) butt on Saturday night & Glass got zippo. Wall didn't even get 5 for fighting inthe game & got to come back and finish his 9th shoutout (which was actually a bad call by the refs, but hey I have to report the facts).

Orv
02-08-2005, 11:59 AM
I would say that a star player would have to meet at least one of the following criteria:

-An NHL 1st or second round draft pick

-A member of Canada's World Junior Team

-Someone who averages more than a point per game

-A highly skilled d-man (Mike Green, Andrej Meszaros, Kris Russel, Dustin Byfuglien, etc....)

It is still my prediction that someone who meets at least one of those characteristics will get suspended for at least one game just so league can save face. Who will the league punish for it's inaction on Glass?

You very well could be right. I don't know if you really have to leave the board if you're wrong but hey man it's up to you.

Willis on the Welfare
02-08-2005, 12:09 PM
I won't have to leave the board because I know I'll be right.

Scout
02-08-2005, 01:33 PM
I think your right Willis and it looks like you won't have to leave. Braydon Coburn has been suspended a game for a fight. League has said he came off the bench to fight. Good call.

Also as for being run like a nunery? We have allowed alot of posts to remain including Willis's that was satire but rubbed some posters the wrong way. This board was put on the web to keep hockey talk alive and not allowing it to get out of hand as some other boards have had happen with nothing hockey related except to bash other posters.

We want a forum, as i think most who have come over here, to talk hockey and not fear being ridiculed by annon. posters when you make a statement. If you stick to hockey talk then i don't see where a problem will arise. If thats what you call a nunery then you have lost me.

Scout

tazndevil
02-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Unbelievable.

The guy must have contacts in the WHL Front Office. (just kidding)

And as a side note, your post on Jeff Glass attacking a teammate was probably the funniest thing I have read in a long time.

Keep up the good work.

Taz

Willis on the Welfare
02-08-2005, 02:41 PM
I can't believe I won the wager that quickly. Coburn gets the suspension for leaving the bench for a fight, even though he was already on the ice. Make no mistake, Coburn got this suspension so the league can now say they treat stars the same as everyone else. What better way to show that than to suspend an NHL 1st rounder who was on Team Canada and is the defending player of the week!!?!?!

The real kicker? Coburn got this suspension because of Jeff Glass. COBURN HAS TO SIT OUT TONITE AGAINST KOOTENAY!!! Another kicker? COBURN IS FROM SHAUNAVON WHICH IS JUST SOUTH OF SWIFT CURRENT!!! Southwest Saskatchewan is screwed again because of Jeff Glass!

Orv
02-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Southwest Saskatchewan is screwed again because of Jeff Glass!

I bet Jeff Glass is a good friend of Paul McAllum. ;)

upper level fan
02-08-2005, 08:58 PM
I can't believe I won the wager that quickly. Coburn gets the suspension for leaving the bench for a fight, even though he was already on the ice. Make no mistake, Coburn got this suspension so the league can now say they treat stars the same as everyone else. What better way to show that than to suspend an NHL 1st rounder who was on Team Canada and is the defending player of the week!!?!?!

The real kicker? Coburn got this suspension because of Jeff Glass. COBURN HAS TO SIT OUT TONITE AGAINST KOOTENAY!!! Another kicker? COBURN IS FROM SHAUNAVON WHICH IS JUST SOUTH OF SWIFT CURRENT!!! Southwest Saskatchewan is screwed again because of Jeff Glass!
Hate to burst your bubble Willis, but I read that Coburn was going to be suspended yesterday several hours before you placed your wager. But I believe you are right And I would say that we will see another sususpension on another big name player with in the next month. So I doubt you have to worry about leaving and actually I really didnt want you to. I just got to call you out because you posted that after I had read he was going to be suspended. :turkey:

Willis on the Welfare
02-08-2005, 09:41 PM
I was unaware of the Coburn suspension when I wrote my post. I feel now that the WHL has suspended a guy like Coburn it will again be more forgiveable for star players to get away with infractions.

fightstrap50
02-09-2005, 09:59 PM
hey hows the spelling bee champion today.sorry for the ignorance apparently this place is strict about things like that.i merely had a thought and typed it in before i thought.so i see your leaving now then eh? Did you Know that Jeff Glass was a Saskatoon blade but they released him? only to give up on him before giving him a chance?so saskatchewan screwed him to i guess eh?? is this why your angry because you didnt have him on your team or division.poor baby,at least pick on an ass in the league not the Canadian Gold medal back stop!hes a character guy in the community here,very polite and friendly! so whats with the grudge anyways? :burningma

Chipper
02-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Actualy Jeff Glass was drafted by the Tri City Americans and was traded to the Ice for basicly stealing Bob Tory from our team to manage the Americans The first Blockbuster trade for Jeff Chynoweth

fightstrap50
02-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Actualy Jeff Glass was drafted by the Tri City Americans and was traded to the Ice for basicly stealing Bob Tory from our team to manage the Americans The first Blockbuster trade for Jeff Chynoweth
glass played in two exibition games for the blades a few years back,i know for a fact because one of those games was here in Cranbrook. and he looked good as a youngster and i took notice,ill see if i can find more info

Chipper
02-09-2005, 10:58 PM
I know he was playing for the Crowsnest pass Timberwolves as a 15 year old the year before he came to the Ice and although I have been wrong in the past I would bet a frosty mug of beer at the next Ice game if I am wrong.