PDA

View Full Version : Positives from this season

Sput
04-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Well, its over now, and time to reflet on the last season.

First off, the 20YO's. Great job Zimmer, Featherston and Patterson. I wish you guys all the best of success in whatever direction life and/or hockey takes you. Zimm....you lead with your heart and lead by example. PG fans will miss you. Feather....I am sooo glad you proved your nay-sayers wrong. You were the anchor on the defense and the workhorse every night. You did all a coach could ask of you and more. I just hope a team somewhere was watching you on those nights they were looking at potential drafts. Patty....You played to where your heart took you. The talent is there, and I wish you the best. Find the motivation and you can and will go far.

Coach Mike. You did a spectacular job with a team that didn't have your thumbprint on it. League rankings from last year was 16th, this year (correct me if I'm wrong) was 8th. A HUGE improvement by a rookie coach in the WHL. Keep doing what you have done and the success will follow with your coaching.
Coach Stu. As far as I can say, a fantastic job with a heavily depleted defensive core. I can only imagine how the season would have gone with 6-7 d-men to work with.

Rookies...Dana. Awsome season. I can only hope for more size and strength to go with that huge heart and desire that you play with. You've shown (me anyway) the heart of a Bouck with the skills of a Betts.
Chris V. Keep working. Defense is a hard position to play in this league as a 16yo. With your siz e and strength, growing into a premier d-man is something you will do following your coaches lessons.
Prab. Its tough being a finess player in this league as a 16. Some can do it with their size, so hit the gym. Build on your frame and come back strronger and faster than this year.

The rest of the team....work hard in the off season. Hunter....hope you're back. Nick...keep working on the game, you are a natural. Dudas....rest that leg and show us what an awsome d-man you are. We missed you this year and need you next year.