View Full Version : I say grow up...

nivek_wahs
04-04-2006, 02:10 AM
to idiotic people like this...

from tsn.ca
Fan tosses syringe at Bonds in San Diego
Canadian Press
4/3/2006 10:28:43 PM

SAN DIEGO (AP) - A fan tossed a syringe near Barry Bonds as he came off the field in between innings on Monday at Petco Park, and the San Francisco Giants slugger said he picked it up in his glove and carried it off the field.

The syringe apparently did not have a needle.

"I just put it off the field so no one would get hurt," said Bonds, who is under investigation by baseball for alleged steroid use.

The syringe toss occurred after the bottom of the eighth inning of the San Diego Padres' 6-1 win over the Giants.

"If that's what they want to do, embarrass themselves, then that's on them," Bonds said. "That has nothing to do with me at all."

According to the book Game of Shadows, written by two San Francisco Chronicle reporters, Bonds used a vast array of performance-enhancing drugs, including steroids and human growth hormone, for at least five seasons beginning in 1998. According to the book, Bonds used several substances in various forms, including by injecting himself with a syringe and taking injections from his personal trainer.

Bonds, who has denied using performance-enhancing drugs, was booed often by the sellout crowd of 43,767 on Monday.

"I don't judge them," Bonds said. "I have to concentrate on baseball. I leave that up to you guys to make those statements in the paper."

Richard Andersen, the Padres executive in charge of Petco Park, didn't immediately return a telephone call seeking comment.

LifelongChiefsFan
04-04-2006, 05:15 AM
Yeah that is pretty childish, but at least it didn't physically hurt anyone. It's better than people who throw batteries or coins etc, and try to injure the players. It kind of reminded me how when Arod first came back to seattle some fans threw monopoly money out of the stands, lol.

Tinner
04-04-2006, 07:28 AM
My take on this incident is that the fan had no intention of hitting him or any other player with the object, but only let him know what type of person he thinks he is.

Does that make it OK to toss stuff on the field?, absolutely not. But, that said, the point has been made regarding his steriod use. And I wont say "alleged" because he used the "juice". The point that everyone forgets is that prior to 2 years ago, it wasn't illegal to use them in the MLB. It wasn't a practice MLB condoned, but because they knew about it and did nothing, is what has everyone up in arms.

Its time for Bonds to fess up, because he is making himself look worse and worse everyday. He's a poor loser that had to use drugs to improve his self-esteem.

As for the fan who threw the syringe, there are smarter ways to express yourself without risking being tossed out of the park.

Triton
04-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Yeah you can make all these alligations rebel39 but it's not 100% clear that Bonds is or was on the juice until the investigation is over.

rinkrat
04-04-2006, 12:27 PM
He's a poor loser that had to use drugs to improve his self-esteem.

I think he was (allegedly) trying to boost his batting average and homerun total.Not his self esteem.
BTW Barry is not alone,lets check out the USA track team too.lol

HAF
04-04-2006, 06:20 PM
I saw a deal on tv a while back where Canseco was holding a book signing. He asked one guy how he would like him to sign it and the guy said "to John, I'm sorry I ruined baseball. Jose Canseco" Jose got kind of pissed but I thought it was hilarious!!!

dondo
04-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Although i don't condone throwing stuff on the field - i have to say that this was a deliberate political move to try to focus attention on Bonds and to send a message to Bonds about how the fans feel about him. ( I believe this will become a trend this season now.. due to the amount of coverage it got)

frankly to deny his was/is/or forever shall be on the juice is a grand denial.. of course he was and is imo... I think that the players who are discovered to be using performance enhancing drugs should be inelligible for the hall of fame, and should not be allowed to hold any major league records. period.

my favorite fan at that game was the one who had the 73 on his shirt with an asterisk, and was holding an asterisk sign. That's what all these players need to have an astreisk (at the very least)

For anyone to believe that Bonds is honestly or properly entitled to beat Hank Aaron's record, ya gotta give your head a shake. McGwire and Bonds, and Canseco (among others) are cheating pure and simple and they should lose their entitlement to any records they currently boast holding.

btw: Bonds lawyers only ever sued for how they got the information, not the information itself cause they knew they didn't have a leg to stand on.