PDA

View Full Version : Moscaluk and Spence returned to action

Mileflames
02-08-2005, 10:39 AM
February 8, 2005

1 | 2 | NEXT >>

There was a Calgary Hitmen practice earlier this year when rookie netminder Daniel Spence's face heated up to a tint as red as his rusty hair.

The spice for Spence's stew came from rising shots fired by teammates, most notably 19-year-old centreman Darryl Moscaluk.

Spence's first reaction was to charge, stick raised high, after Moscaluk but the more the freshman goalie beefed, the more high, hard rubber was sent his way.

"We just like to have fun," an unapologetic Moscaluk chuckled on Monday when reminded of the incident. "We were both kind of mad at each other but that's the cool thing about it -- he can't really skate out of his crease and we can fire pucks wherever we want. It's kind of fun.

"I was giving him some head shots and he was beaking at me, as they say. He would say something and we would shoot pucks at his head. That's the way it works."

http://www.canada.com/calgary/calgaryherald/news/sports/hitmen/story.html?id=8553b5cb-b712-4456-9723-8a12c7e32e83

good story from CalgaryHerald.com

ScottyWazz
02-08-2005, 02:09 PM
I would hate to see Spence really ticked off. I mean, this is a kid who swears when he gets scored on in practice. I'm sure if someone where to set him off bad, he'd do some real damage.