PDA

View Full Version : Big game 6 tonight

Warrior Fan
04-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Lets hope the good guys win...
Brandon should be pretty hungry for the win now that it is all on the line. The Warriors will be wanting to finish them off.
So far in this series Joey has been nothing short of spectacular and if his game continues to improve as it has we are going to have a great couple of seasons. He has made game saving saves throughout the series and has played with confidence and poise. Taking nothing away from Plante as he has kept the games closer than a couple should have been. The last game in MJ we squandered 5 or 6 glorious opportunities to bury the Wheaties because of his saves. He has been very sharp. He just doesn't have the same offense in front of him.

I will say this... in this series the best player on the ice is former Calgary Hitman Dustin Kohn. He is smooth with and without the puck. He has very good poise and is just a great hockey player. Love watching him play. Lenoski has been good for Brandon as well. I have no use however for Day or Reaves. Continued cheap shots and dirty play has just been almost unbearable to watch. I have watched every single game of this series in person. The two of them play an aggressive style at times which I love to watch. I just feel their is no need for the continued slashing and punching and elbows on every single hit. I wish they would start handing out double minors for these blows. Not that we would score on the PP anyway but it would be nice to have the practice.

Well, good luck to both teams on a hard fought battle tonight at the keystone center. I am off to watch the game.

Triton
04-04-2006, 03:28 PM
The good guys..LOL :laugh:

If Brandon wins tonight,I think Brandon will win the series based on experience of playing in a game 7 before.Last year they played in 2 game 7's.The Wheat Kings have one thing going for them on and that is facing elimination is nothing really new to them. Brandon faced a similar situation five times in the 2005 WHL playoffs, winning four of those games.

Hatguy
04-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Hmm... it isn't 2005 is it? You have to remember last year you had Fehr, Stone and Konsorada. Times have changed.

Triton
04-04-2006, 04:21 PM
True but all I was saying is that more than 3/4 of the team has experience with their backs against the wall facing elimination.

WHEATMAN
04-04-2006, 05:03 PM
True but all I was saying is that more than 3/4 of the team has experience with their backs against the wall facing elimination.

I have to agree. I think tonight is essentially a game 7, If Brandon can pull themselves together, and play good defensive hockey they will win, and I would pick Brandon if it does come to a seventh game, this may sound like wishfull thinking, but we do have a good, experienced club here, who is more then capable of pulling out an upset