PDA

View Full Version : Tigers second round opponent...Saskatoon Blades

Tiger Trauma
04-04-2006, 10:21 PM
By my count saskatoon and the tigers met 5 times during the regular season.
Tigers Record (2-2-0-1)
Saskatoon (3-2-0-0)

Tigers goals scored for 17 against 13
Which means Saskatton scored 13 against 17

Medicine Hat has also outshot saskatoon my a margin of 204-137.
The last two matchups were 1 goal games both won by saskatoon

Should be a good series....both fast offensive teams
I would have to say tigers in 6...

Saskatoon could very well as pull off the upset mind you...wouldn't be suprised to see this series go 7 games

Khodobin has stoned the tigers a couple games this season, but has also been chased from the nets...earlier in on the season.

Cant wait for Friday

!!GO TIGERS!!

nivek_wahs
04-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Seeing that the Pats are out I am going to be temporarily insane; I could cheer for the Blades or the Warriors... but nah I will be a Tiger Fan for the next round (only temporarily).

GO TIGERS!!! (for now :laugh: )

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-05-2006, 05:10 PM
I have caught playoff fever and I think Blades 4 life has also. With that being said we have decided to go on the fan bus to Medicine Hat for games #1 and 2 (this will be our first trip to Aberta(also first hockey road trip to Alberta) :groovy: :thumb: I am a little nervous,but I hope that you Tiger fans will welcome us,and we will treat you guys with respect also.

It should be fun,I hope that they allow noise makers(horns,cowbells ect)in the arena :confused: The reason why I ask this is because we went to game #6 in Regina and we(myself and Blades 4 Life) found out that we were not allowed to bring noise makers into the Brandt Centre. :( So I really hope that we will be allowed to have noise makers.

Tiger Trauma
04-05-2006, 05:54 PM
I think noise makers are allowed(I'm not sure about air horns/sirens..etc)....but wherever you sit(exept for a few spots) ...you'll most likely have tiger fans challengin you at the noise making games.

The arena will be packed and if you cheer respectfully..I'm sure the profanties/unruly comments will be kept to a minumum.

P.S Be aware of "tight shorts" Sideshow...hahahahaha...

hope ya have a fun time....but not too much fun!

bandwagonboy
04-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Cowbells and those plastic horns that you blow on are alright. Sirens and compressed air horns and electric air horns are usually frowned upon.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-05-2006, 06:14 PM
for letting me know,we might even be sitting in or close to your section(I do not know where we are sitting yet, It will be a very fun experience(I hope)

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-09-2006, 11:29 AM
The trip was good,we left Saskatoon at 12 Noon and arrived in Medicine Hat at 5 PM on Friday.

It was a long trip,but the trip coming back home was longer(probably because the Blades lost again)

Game #1 did not go the way I wanted it to.

I spent the entire trip with Blades 4 Life.

We went to the Medicine Hat Mall(it is a very nice mall) on Saturday,we saw a movie(Inside Man) In the Gallexy theater(It was awesome,because it was a good movie,and do to the fact that Saskatoon is getting a Gallexy theater built in downtown Saskatoon this summer) I can not wait to go and see a movie in that theater again.

I would expect people to look at us with different expressions,because we had Blades jerseys on,but people stared at us(as if they have never seen a Blades jersey before in their lifetime,this was expected though)

We had to kill 6 Hours of time before game# 2,I was glad that the weather was nice outside.

When our bus arrived at The Arena (how more plain/boring can you get? when thinking of a name for your arena? (I guess do to the fact that the arena in Sasktoon is named after a bank does not make the name of our arena sound any better (and naming the arena after a bank is not the brightest thing to do either(Some people would probably think that it was actually a bank when they hear the name for the first time) :laugh:

For game #2 we saw a Tiger fan with a huge flag(it might have been Sideshow,he is one hardcore Tiger fan) and the fan was running around our bus.
at game #2 the we were treated very well,some people even wished us a safe trip back to Sasktoon. After the game Anton Khudobin recieved a standing ovation from the crowd)because he kept the Blades in the game(and stopped something like 79 shots.(true class right there.)

The Blades played much better than they did the night before in game #1,the Tigers came out with a bit more jump than the Blades,but they tamed the Tigers for the first period.

The Blades played a great game and did deserve to win game #2.

it is an advantage that the rink can only accomidate about 5,000 people.(If I remember corectly)

The fan are very proud and passionate,because the rink went nuts,and was a great place to watch a hockey game.

I hope that you guys can get a new arena,so there will be no waiting list to buy season tickets. (If there is a game #5 I want to come back and watch it.)

THANK YOU MEDICINE HAT FOR BEING SUCH GREAT HOSTS FOR GAMES 1 & 2. :clap:

I hope to see you guys at the Credit Union Centre on Tuesday and Wednesday. :thumb: :wave:

Tiger Trauma
04-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Glad You had a good trip to the hat...

Our arena is nicknamed the jungledome.......The Arena...does sound pretty plain though......When we do get our new arena...I hope they can come up with something better.

you wore your blades jersyes to the mall?.....Brave people....lol

Since our games will be during the week....i iknow I wont be able to make it.....but I will be listening on the radio.

There will probably still be a a couple hundred fans who do make the trip.

Goood Luck in game 3