PDA

View Full Version : 06-07 Overagers

2,5,andagame
04-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Seems to be alot of talk about next seasons overagers, and I was wondering if we could get posts on each teams current 19 yr olds. I've looked around a bit and it seems like there are alot of quality 19 yr olds out there, so might not be enough spots for some good players next year.

2,5,andagame
04-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Kyle Moir - Nashville
Myles Rumsey - Calgary
Ned Lukacevic - LA Kings
Josh Aspenlind - FA
Jeremy Schenderling - FA
Donny Lloyd - FA
Andrew Wasmuth - FA

Sput
04-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Scott Bowles G free agent
Curtis Cooper D free agent
Eric Hunter RW/C free agent
Cody McMullin LW free agent
Andy Rogers D Tampa Bay Lightning
Jared Walker C Chicago Blackhawks
Fred Wikner RW(imp) Calgary Flames
Jamison Orr LW free agent

There are a few options that can happen here for the Cougs. First will be whether or not Walker stays with Chicago, and Hunter gets re-drafted and signed. Rogers is gone, we all know that. Tampa wanted him this year but he wouldn't have stayed with the big team and couldn't play in the AHL yet. So...saying Hunter comes back, unsigned for 06-07, I'd say it will either be Hunter, Walker Cooper, with Bowles being traded to a team that needs vetran goaltending. If Hunter or Walker stick with their NHL team (or affiliate) it will most likely be Cooper, Bowles, and either Hunter or Walker, with Cyr being traded.

Wikner, Orr, and McMullin won't hold a lot of intrest to take a 20yo spot.

Beaner
04-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Here are Vancouvers' current 19's

Mark Fistric D Dallas
Brett Festerling D Anaheim
Dustin Slade G FA
Kyle Lamb F free agent
Chad Scharff F free agent

In the crowd
04-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Kootenay Ice 19 yr olds

G- Taylor Dakers (SJ)
D- Daylen Flatt (NYR)
D- Mike Busto (FA)
F- Curtis Billsten (FA)
F- Michal Psurny (FA)
F- Devin Welsh (FA)

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-05-2006, 12:55 AM
Here are Saskatoon's current 19 yr olds:
Anton Khudobin(MIN)
Joe Barnes(CAR)
Wacey Rabbit(BOS)
Zdenek Bahensky(NYR)
David Schulz(VAN)
Brad Cole(FA)
Ryan Menei(FA)
Jim Watt(FA)
Joe Logan(FA)

Toswammi
04-05-2006, 11:12 PM
Looking like it is going to be a relativley strong crop of 20's next year. Training camp will be interesting as a lot of teams have some interesting moves to make.

Swando
04-06-2006, 12:54 AM
Eric Hunter from PG would look great in a Giants uniform. Especially as it is their drive to the Memorial Cup in 07. An extra year in the Dub with big points would secure a nice FA selection IMO. Giants Cougs start talking

KBF
04-06-2006, 02:33 AM
Kamloops eligible overagers for next season

Moises Guttierez (Have mercy on your souls whoever takes him)

Devan Dubnyk (As good as gone, 4 years of nothing for this guy)

Reid Jorgensen (Best PK killer in the league and a great leader)

Joel Eisenkirch (Played solid but not worth an overage spot, at least on this team)

Roman Tesliuk (Has a cannon for a shot and well, thats it...his development has been stunted big time)

Ray Macias (Great skater, alot of talent but too soft and takes too many nights off)

nivek_wahs
04-06-2006, 04:40 AM
My thoughts...

Kyle Deck (D) - Team captain, was leading the Pats' blueline in scoring until he hurt his knee. Keeper.

Josh Fauth (D) - Team guy, big and physical, very stay-at-home (0 career goals). Gone.

Garrett Festerling (C) - Pats' leading scorer, a real team leader, good pp and pk ability. Keeper.

Jordan Fuder (RW) - As much grit as sandpaper, not much offence, I don't think it's enough for a 20-year old spot. Gone.

Kyle Ross (C) - Heart the size of a truck, hometown kid came back from a nasty car accident and put up good numbers, a team leader. Keeper.

Tyson Seivert (LW) - Tough as nails and almost as much grit as Fuder, I really like his style of play, but not enough offence. Gone.

Nathan Heinen (G) - Affiliated Player. Very limited duty. I really hope someone in the WHL gives him the chance as he is a really good goalie. Gone.

As far as I know they are all NHL Free Agents.

My 3 picks
Deck, Festerling and Ross.

But...
It is very hard to say as some teams have some real quality overagers returning to the fold next year.

Triton
04-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Mark Derlago-FA(stay)
Cole Hunter-FA(Gone)
Teegan Moore-FA(Stay)
Jeff Topilko-FA(Gone)
John Wikner-OTT(Gone)
Stephane Lenoski-FA(Not sure)
Cory Courchene-FA(Not sure)

Warrior Fan
04-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Dustin Boyd Gone
Blair Jones Gone
Jesse Zetariuk
Steven Gillen
Cole Simpson
Bjorn Svennson Gone

Gillen will be our only 20 year old forward depending on Jones. He is the only one I can see returning to the Jaw next season. Svennson is going to be an overage Euro so Idont know if they will hold onto him or not. He may want to move on. I am sure they would make room for him if he wanted to return though.

rezstyle
04-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Evan Haw (smart player, controls the puck well, one of the toughest in the leauge. His shortfall is speed....keep)

Taylor Sutherlin (didn't even know we had this guy on our roster....gone)

Johannes Salmonson (Great potential and played to it at the end of the year. He would take up overage & euro....gone)

Derek Ryan (Local kid and great offensively....keep)

We should have 1 slot available to pick up a 20 y/o next year. I'd look for us to get bigger to protect some of our skilled players. Although we have Stoesz on our team, he's not feared as some of the larger enforcers I don't believe.

Sabes
04-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Kyle Chipchura - Montreal
Dane Byers - NY Rangers
AJ Thelen - Minny
Aki Seitsonen - Calgary
Mike Hellyer - FA
Jesse Deckert - FA

So PA will probably need 1 OA unless someone gets sent back.

Hatguy
04-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Dustin Boyd Gone
Blair Jones Gone
Jesse Zetariuk
Steven Gillen
Cole Simpson
Bjorn Svennson Gone

Gillen will be our only 20 year old forward depending on Jones. He is the only one I can see returning to the Jaw next season. Svennson is going to be an overage Euro so Idont know if they will hold onto him or not. He may want to move on. I am sure they would make room for him if he wanted to return though.

I think Jones will return. Boyd is gone almost for sure, but I wouldn't keep Simpson. I would keep Zetariuk and Gillen though.

Rebels30
04-06-2006, 05:10 PM
The Rebels 19yr olds:
1) Kris Versteeg
2) Ted Vandermeer
3) Jordan Henry

Tipped Off
04-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Jason Fransoo - D
Karel Hromas - LW & Euro
John Lammers - LW
Cody Thoring - D & Assistant Captain

That's it.

Seems to be a pretty easy decision barring a trade. Typically it's hard to fill your Euro position with an overager as well, so Hromas looks to be odd man out. Lammers could go AHL, but he is probably one of those guys who are 50/50.

Jimmypop316
04-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Evan Haw (smart player, controls the puck well, one of the toughest in the leauge. His shortfall is speed....keep)

Taylor Sutherlin (didn't even know we had this guy on our roster....gone)

Johannes Salmonson (Great potential and played to it at the end of the year. He would take up overage & euro....gone)

Derek Ryan (Local kid and great offensively....keep)

We should have 1 slot available to pick up a 20 y/o next year. I'd look for us to get bigger to protect some of our skilled players. Although we have Stoesz on our team, he's not feared as some of the larger enforcers I don't believe.

Salmo is def gone, and tehy sent Sutherlin down early in the year because he just wasn't producing. It looks like we'll have a nice choice of 20 year olds when the time rolls around, whether it be in the off-season or waivers.

Dwight Schrute
04-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Kyle Chipchura - Montreal
Dane Byers - NY Rangers
AJ Thelen - Minny
Aki Seitsonen - Calgary
Mike Hellyer - FA
Jesse Deckert - FA

So PA will probably need 1 OA unless someone gets sent back.
there is rumours of a thelen return if he doesnt make the wild out of camp (although i doubt it will happen and i do believe another year of junior would be best for him)
chipper is gone
aki is probably gone due to calgary finally getting their own ahl team and they are trying to stock the farm more.
byers i dont think will be back although i'd like to see him return)
hellyer will be back
deckert should be back but i wouldnt be suprised to see him go

peatfan
04-07-2006, 02:06 AM
For the Hitmen next year 20's will be:

Schultz (gone to Wash AHL team)
Pogge (gone to Tor AHL team)
Covington (stay)
Yeo (stay)
Linekar (stay in a close battle with LeBlanc)
LeBlanc (gone-will lose to Steve-o and Linekar)

Dwight Schrute
04-07-2006, 12:04 PM
For the Hitmen next year 20's will be:

Schultz (gone to Wash AHL team)
Pogge (gone to Tor AHL team)
Covington (stay)
Yeo (stay)
Linekar (stay in a close battle with LeBlanc)
LeBlanc (gone-will lose to Steve-o and Linekar)

dont you think yeo would net more in a trade then leblanc or covington or linekar ??? he might be your best trade bait

Triton
04-07-2006, 12:50 PM
dont you think yeo would net more in a trade then leblanc or covington or linekar ??? he might be your best trade bait

Why would you trade a valuable component of your defence?I think they would be wise to keep him.If I were gm in Calgary I'd keep Yeo,Linekar and LeBlanc.

Beaner
04-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Here's Kelownas

Josiah Anderson (LW) FA
Mike Card (D) Buffalo '04
Blake Comeau (RW) NYI '04
Kyle Cumisky (D) COL '04
Alexander Edler (D) Van '04
Brent Howarth (LW) FA
Justin Keller (LW) TBY '04
Chris Ray (C) FA
Tyler Spurgeon (C) EDM '04
Derek Yeomans (G) FA

Its quite the list, but I think, Card, Comeau, Cumisky, Edler, Keller and Spurgeon all move on next year.

That leaves Howarth, Anderson, Ray and Yeomans for those 3 20 spots.

peatfan
04-08-2006, 02:13 AM
Brings to much to the team. Might even be captain. Besides which the Junkies have to have someone's name to chant when we visit Red Deer and other places next year. Since only 3 other d will return I think Linekar will grab spot #2 and a toss up between Leblanc and Covington for the third. Love Steve-o hustle, speed and pk. Hands of stone however. At least we will have a god decision to make and not have a Constanzo as an overager.

riddlefox44
04-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Here's Kelownas

Josiah Anderson (LW) FA
Mike Card (D) Buffalo '04
Blake Comeau (RW) NYI '04
Kyle Cumisky (D) COL '04
Alexander Edler (D) Van '04
Brent Howarth (LW) FA
Justin Keller (LW) TBY '04
Chris Ray (C) FA
Tyler Spurgeon (C) EDM '04
Derek Yeomans (G) FA

Its quite the list, but I think, Card, Comeau, Cumisky, Edler, Keller and Spurgeon all move on next year.

That leaves Howarth, Anderson, Ray and Yeomans for those 3 20 spots.

Well Beaner, an A for effort but your not even close. The talk in Kelowna is that the OA's will be Card, Cumisky and than likely Spurgeon. No chance of Cumisky going pro yet and Spurgeon is a no-brainer, as he wont get a deal from Edmonton. Card has a chance to stick in Buffalo but hasnt had a good camp for two yrs in a row and word is wont be signed either. If Card doesnt return than Spurgeon, Ray and Cumisky will be the likely three. Westblom will get the srating goaltending job.

Anderson is going to play in Europe, Howarth or Yeomans will likley be the player dealt to Chilliwack before the expansion draft, but I could see both landing there.

Beaner
04-09-2006, 12:09 AM
Well Beaner, an A for effort but your not even close. .

Heh well thats what happens when you get a Vancouver fan posting about Kelowna. :laugh: I should have just stayed away. ;)

Thanks for your input. :)

rinkrat
04-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Anderson is going to play in Europe, Howarth or Yeomans will likley be the player dealt to Chilliwack before the expansion draft, but I could see both landing there.
I wouldn't deal Yeomans to a division rival!

04-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Well Beaner, an A for effort but your not even close. The talk in Kelowna is that the OA's will be Card, Cumisky and than likely Spurgeon. No chance of Cumisky going pro yet and Spurgeon is a no-brainer, as he wont get a deal from Edmonton. Card has a chance to stick in Buffalo but hasnt had a good camp for two yrs in a row and word is wont be signed either. If Card doesnt return than Spurgeon, Ray and Cumisky will be the likely three. Westblom will get the srating goaltending job.

I see cumisky ray and spurgeon. Card will take off i imagine as he's had a solid year this year...

I agree with Howarth and Yeomans both going to Chilliwack as well, kelowna is going to want to play westbloom, specially because he has been drafted, unlike yeomans. The club has to develope the kid at some point.