PDA

View Full Version : Moose Jaw Warriors vs Calgary Hitmen

Warrior Fan
04-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Should be a dandy. This series will be tough on both teams. The winner will likely be tired at the end of the series. Who is going to win? I have no idea.

GP W L OTL SL PTS PCT GF GA
Moose Jaw Warriors 72 44 20 5 3 96 0.667 278 205 Calgary Hitmen 72 47 18 3 4 101 0.701 195 155

Playoffs
Moose Jaw Warriors 6 4 2 0 0 8 0.667 18 7
Calgary Hitmen 6 4 2 0 0 8 0.667 17 18

The Warriors played a team that struggled on the PP and couldn't score that often. Their top guns really weren't performing offensively. I think that has to do with the defensive style they tried to play to keep the series in check. The kings worked hard and battled but Joey started to feel more and more comfortable as the series went on and put on a goaltending clinic.
Keys for Warriors success in the second round
-2nd 3rd and 4th lines have to keep performing as they have. Our top line has been targeted but our depth offensively is what won us the first series. A list of unlikely heros will be needed in the next round as well
-Joey will have to remain focused and work as hard as ever to achieve victory.
-Lemaire will have to keep the D focused on puck movement and safe plays. The Hitmen play the trap very well and will be looking to stop our offense anyway they can. The key is the D have to be careful when moving the puck forward and always support each other.
-Brouwer, Boyd and McArdle are going to have to get it going offensively as well for us to be successful. I am sure they will continue to work hard.

Calgary seemed to be caugh off guard by the Hurricanes and came out a little flat. Maybe a little overconfident I am guessing. I have no doubt the prep for the next opponent will be much more focused and work ethic will be high right from the opening face off. Neither team is going to take the other lightly. The biggest suprise is the amount of goals that the Hitmen gave up in round one.
Keys to success in vs the Warriors
-Pogge will have to play extremely well to keep the Warriors offense in check
-Hitmen D will have to clog up the neutral zone
-Offense is going to have to find ways to score if they want to win. If Perricone keeps playing well it could be tough to capitalize.
-Petterson is going to have to lead this team offensively. He is a very good offensive threat.

This series is not likely to end anytime soon. It is going to be a hard fought battle with both teams really trying to move on. The Warriors high octane offense vs the smothering defense of the Hitmen. Which team is going to have the discipline to come out victorious? Won't be long and we will find out.

Good luck to both teams.
Go Warriors Go.

Hatguy
04-05-2006, 12:36 PM
I think the most important thing for the Warriors to do in this series is to get the first goal. We all know how crucial that first goal is for our team, it is a huge energy booster.

grainbear
04-05-2006, 05:52 PM
It had nothing to do with Calgary taking Lethbridge lightly, It was a situation in which the extremly young canes would not let whatever happened in the games stop their execution of their game plan. Kisio said right from the get go that if the Canes came together they would be tough. They came together and give Calgary full credit and Lethbridge credit we saw excellent playoff hockey. It sounds as if the Brandon series was very similar. You fans in Calgary and Moose Jaw should be in for an exciting series. Enjoy

Hatguy
04-05-2006, 06:36 PM
I was reading the WHL site and the Warriors site and it said "Game #1 @ Calgary Saturday, April 8th 12:00pm". Do games usually start at noon at the Saddledome? Is it the only time they can schedule or is it just blatently wrong?

Ricobob
04-05-2006, 08:42 PM
I was reading the WHL site and the Warriors site and it said "Game #1 @ Calgary Saturday, April 8th 12:00pm". Do games usually start at noon at the Saddledome? Is it the only time they can schedule or is it just blatently wrong?

These games are scheduled early due to the Flames sked. In past seasons, the games are usually scheduled on off-nights for the Flames but because of the compressed NHL sked, the Hitmen games have been scheduled this way.

Tiger Trauma
04-05-2006, 10:05 PM
This will be an interesting series. Offensive team vs defensive team

Moose jaw can play a physical game...calgary has huge dmen. This series will go at least 7 games

CGY 2 at MJ 3
MJ 1 at CGY 2
MJ 1 at CGY 5
CGY 2 at MJ 1
cgy (3-1) record

Calgary won all three of their last 3 matchups. Will be a good series.

RunTheGoalie
04-06-2006, 03:56 PM

It's a noon start because the Dome is booked solid. There is a Roughnecks game at 7:30 on Saturday, forcing the early start time. Last Saturday's game was a noon start for the same reason, and the Dome staff was crapping bricks when that game went to overtime.

loudi94
04-08-2006, 07:42 AM
This will be an interesting series. Offensive team vs defensive team

Moose jaw can play a physical game...calgary has huge dmen. This series will go at least 7 games

I disagree. As evenly matched as both teams are and as much as 'Hat fans wish, I very much doubt this series will go past 7 games. :wave:

peatfan
04-09-2006, 02:20 AM
Series will be so great that the league will increase it to a best of 9, just like they did back in the Wild Bill Hunter days. If Perricone keeps playing like he did today it will be over before they know it. I'm sure he will bounce back. Hopefully Brouwer wasn't hurt to bad. He landed really awkward after Moore's hit. Leg crashing into the boards like it did.

Warrior Fan
04-09-2006, 10:23 AM
He was down and needed help off. The players on the bench all looked concerned. Not a good thing.

Too many penalties

Hatguy
04-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Brouwer should be back, he's a tough guy. That would've been a nice hit, but Brouwer tried to jump it and got hit in the legs. It's good to see that there are players on Calgary's team that will try to hit Brouwer.

Warrior Fan
04-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Good job boys. Keep up the hard work. Joey bounced back nicely after a rough game one.

peatfan
04-12-2006, 06:01 AM
Good to see a series where the players are sticking to hockey. Very little stick work, lots of checks and so far pretty even played series. Much better than the one we had with the Canes. Very vicious with lots of slash, crosscheck etc. Perricone sure bounced back from some shakey goals in game one. And the ref has let the boys deciede the game. Yes they have missed some pentalies but this is better than calling everything. And they have been consistent. Not often have we seen three games in a row where the refs haven't been one of the stars. As much as we complain about them we should applaud them now and then. :groovy:

Hatguy
04-12-2006, 01:44 PM
This has been a great series so far. It's good to see that the refs are letting the players play. I've seen some nice hits by both teams and hopefully Brouwer will return soon, although it seems we've been playing better without him.

SeventhHeaven4U
04-17-2006, 04:05 PM
It's been an awesome series, we've seen a lil of everything and wednesday will be one helluva game for both teams! Warriors have what it takes to get past Pogge and his Hitmen without a doubt! Hope to see them come-out with a raging fire that'll burn for 3 solid periods and see them get into Rd 3 for the 1st time in Moose Jaw history. Welcome back Grundling!!!

P.s. Would love to see Perricone challenge Pogge to the last player off the ice!!!! Rattle Pogge's cage a bit!!!

WARRIORS ALL THE WAY!!!! GO GET 'EM BOYZ!!!!!

peatfan
04-19-2006, 01:33 AM
So far it's been a great series :bounce: although we forgot to show up for game 6 (outside of Pogge). Hopefully both teams come out full steam ahead Wed. I just hope whomever wins will still have some gas in their tank for the Tigers, especially if this series starts Friday. Not much rest for the winner. And lets hope the ref keeps up their end. So far they have let the players play and really haven't influenced the play either way. :clap: Can't wait for game 7. Let's bring it on................... :groovy:

SeventhHeaven4U
04-19-2006, 09:30 PM
WOOHOOO!!!! RD3 GAS CITY HERE WE COME!!!!!! Awesome game guys!!!!! Brouwer scores in his first game back, Kendall was on fire! Jonesy was a force to reckon with!! WTG you deserve it!!!!!!!!