PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Match Up

Swando
04-06-2006, 12:10 AM
I like to look at the defencemen of teams as they square off in the play-offs. Here's a break down of the offensive/ and +/- of the both Portland and Vancouver's defenses. I averaged Scharffs/Flatters together and did not include less than 30 games played (no Mikkelsen) and thus no AP's

Portland 29 goals 96 assists +/- = -69

Vancouver 50 goals 139 assists +/- = +113

The Winterhawks are big but not overly mobile accept for Funk and Saurer. They accounted for 19 out of the 29 goals scored and 59 of the 96 assists from the D men.

N.W. Bruin
04-06-2006, 12:39 AM
I like to look at the defencemen of teams as they square off in the play-offs. Here's a break down of the offensive/ and +/- of the both Portland and Vancouver's defenses. I averaged Scharffs/Flatters together and did not include less than 30 games played (no Mikkelsen) and thus no AP's

Portland 29 goals 96 assists +/- = -69

Vancouver 50 goals 139 assists +/- = +113

The Winterhawks are big but not overly mobile accept for Funk and Saurer. They accounted for 19 out of the 29 goals scored and 59 of the 96 assists from the D men.

Don't know if Funk will be back anytime soon. They will need him.

Swando
04-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the update NW. That skews the odds even further as Funk had 11 of the 29 goals. Missing an almost National team D-man and Bailey is really tough. What is wrong with Funk?

langdak
04-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the update NW. That skews the odds even further as Funk had 11 of the 29 goals. Missing an almost National team D-man and Bailey is really tough. What is wrong with Funk?

He must have Funk'd something up

Brutal joke, i know :spineyes:

Beaner
04-06-2006, 11:02 AM
What is wrong with Funk?

Its a mystery. Like the Loch Ness Monster.

Some say the Flu, some say a shoulder injury, some say lower body injury.... you get the idea. Tis the playoffs, no disclosing of any injuries now. :D