PDA

View Full Version : Hawks Gut out Game 7 Win

Tipped Off
04-06-2006, 12:15 AM
Was offered a free ticket so me and 3000 of my closest fans trekked down to the Key to watch game 7. What a gutsy effort by the Hawks! Seemingly the Hawks had everything going against them...
Funk missed the game again
Gagnon scores a Hat trick in the first to put the T-birds up 3-0 at the intermission.
Youg goalie who just gave up three goals in game 7
Thunderchild gets helped off early in the 2nd, not to return
A minute later Dailey's laying face first on the ice...problem is, his right skate is facing the sky. Definately a break or two in that leg.

Putting all that behind them, and now sakting two short, teh hawks put two in the net in the 2nd, one with 6 to go in the third and win it in OT.

Heck of an effort. Good luck with Vancouver.

Swando
04-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Amazing the way sports can unfold. Teams rally around an injured comrade or extra ice time brings out the best in others. Bailey will be sorely missed against the Giants . Good luck vs The Rockets

Redwic
04-06-2006, 01:03 AM
Congratulations, on a hard-fought series victory. FINALLY, the WinterHawks won a First Round series, again. I am actually & typically a Silvertips fan, but I was really rooting for your team in this particular series. And how about the rookie Mucha defeating the veteran Bridges?!?!?! Classic!!!

I wish that I could say that Portland got through the series unscathed, but there appear to be major injury questions going into the Second Round.

Good luck against Vancouver. Portland's offense & goaltending needs to be at its very best, to have a chance against the Giants.

GO HAWKS!!!

Triton
04-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Here's the video of the winning goal scored by Bubnick in overtime..

http://home.comcast.net/~rikert4/hawkswinRM2.rm