PDA

View Full Version : HITMEN VS WARRIORS IN 2nd round

Mileflames
04-07-2006, 03:08 PM
algary, AB – The Calgary Hitmen will meet the Moose Jaw Warriors in the second round of the 2006 WHL Playoffs. The Hitmen have home ice advantage finishing five points ahead of Moose Jaw in the regular season.

The Best-of-Seven Eastern Conference Semi-Final Series is a 2-2-1-1-1 format.

See complete second round schedule below:

Game #1 @ Calgary Saturday, April 8th 12:00pm

Game #2 @ Calgary Sunday, April 9th 2:00pm

Game #3 @ Moose Jaw Tuesday, April 11th 7:00pm

Game #4 @ Moose Jaw Wednesday, April 12th 7:00pm

Game #5 @ Calgary Friday, April 14th 7:00pm (if necessary)

Game #6 @ Moose Jaw Sunday, April 16th 7:00pm (if necessary)
Game #7 @ Calgary Wednesday, April 19th 7:00pm (if necessary)

Tickets for Home Games One and Two are now on sale.

-Door Price: $23.00
-Family Pack (2 adults and Child) $45 (plus Ticketmaster fees). Each additional child is $10.
-Kids Flex Vouchers 3 pack: $30.00 ($10.00 each)
-Student/Senior Flex Vouchers 4 pack: $50.00 ($12.50 each)

All prices include GST and facility fee, Ticketmaster fees are extra.

Call Customer service at 777-4646 for more details.

Hitmen fans are encouraged to wear Army Green to all home playoff games.

Hitmen1
04-08-2006, 10:32 AM
The entire series can be seen on shaw tv as well. If I remember correctly, the Hitmen had some success in the regular season shutting down the good Moose Jaw offence. Should be an interesting series.

SeventhHeaven4U
04-08-2006, 12:02 PM
The Warrior/Hitmen game is broadcast on Ch. 12 in Lethbridge and Ch. 10 in Calgary.

peatfan
04-09-2006, 02:15 AM
Hitmen came to play today. All aspects were functioning and the team was disciplend. Great game by Schultz who played 27 minutes and Carson who played 25 minutes. Pogge was his old self. Never saw much of Reich & Letts today and Vantuch was quite. And a good game by the ref- Zalaski. Hard to beleive I'm giving him credit. Actually both teams stuck to hockey without all the cheap stick work that we saw in the first seried. And what a hit by Moore. Though for sure we were in for some fireworks after that. Maybe today, especially if Brouwer misses the game and the Warriors fall behind. And lets get more than 7800 to the game. What a terrible time- Noon for a game. :spineyes: Congrats to the HItmen :thumb: and keep it going.

The_Vulk
04-09-2006, 01:49 PM
The entire series can be seen on shaw tv as well...
And if you have Star Choice(?) too.

But for those whom have ExpressVu... still no games. :mad:

Damn they need TSN/Sportsnet (national broadcasters) to broadcast playoff games too.

SeventhHeaven4U
04-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Sad to say that Brouwer will miss today's game. Hope his knee is better for Tuesday nite. Go get em Warriors!!! Good luck!!!

Triton
04-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Question...

How come Calgary was so average and almost lost the series to Lethbridge,and now they are playing well against a more talented team?

I was almost thinking Calgary was overrated a bit after round 1 but they have really kept things in check against the Warriors.How come?

The_Vulk
04-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Over the last few years, the Hitmen have the very bad habit of playing down to the level of their opponents.

Also, playing with the same intensitive every night, I can expect to see maybe one line performing sub-par, but not as it seems at times the entire time, and for a period at a time too.

skinnyhead
04-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Over the last few years, the Hitmen have the very bad habit of playing down to the level of their opponents.

Are you saying that the Hitmen are the greatest team in the world and the Warriors r ****? Like i agree calgary is good but their no god.

LifelongChiefsFan
04-11-2006, 06:51 PM
Are you saying that the Hitmen are the greatest team in the world and the Warriors r ****? Like i agree calgary is good but their no god.

I'm pretty sure that's not how they want it to be taken, although I can see from several posts on this board why you might think that.

skinnyhead
04-11-2006, 09:27 PM
i can see that now but u might understand why i would have said that i look it as he was calling the warriors a second class team. I apoligize

peatfan
04-12-2006, 05:54 AM
Two balanced high scoring lines always make them a threat and a challenge. This motivates the Hitmen which is why they always seem to have a good game vs Moose Jaw & Medicine Hat. If only they played this way vs Lethbridge and others. I don't think any slight was meant to the Warriors and their fans.

peatfan
04-15-2006, 02:13 AM
Back and forth, good hits, good plays, great saves. two evenly matched games are equal a great game. Tough one for the Warriors to lose but they have nothing to be ashamed off. I thought that they outplayed the HItmen in the ot but Pogge stood on his head. Big fight in the second with Letts destoying Zetaruik nose. Hopefully we won't see the Warriors untl the fall time but I wouldn't be surprised if they are here on Wednesday. Congrats to the Hitmen for a great team effort. :clap:

Warrior Fan
04-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Back and forth, good hits, good plays, great saves. two evenly matched games are equal a great game. Tough one for the Warriors to lose but they have nothing to be ashamed off. I thought that they outplayed the HItmen in the ot but Pogge stood on his head. Big fight in the second with Letts destoying Zetaruik nose. Hopefully we won't see the Warriors untl the fall time but I wouldn't be surprised if they are here on Wednesday. Congrats to the Hitmen for a great team effort. :clap:

He took a thumb in the eye. Letts was leaking badly. I have no idea what Zetariuk was doing fighting a 16 year old anyway. Why would you do that? Team needs a jump then get Reich or someone to go not the young guy.
They replayed the fight several times and Letts and Zets both landed 2 or 3 bombs. Fight ended when Zets just bent over because he couldn't see out of his right eye.

Cudo's to Letts though he did unreal for a 16 year old. Scratch that... he did unreal period. He throws em pretty dman good. Nice fight and Letts got the decision.

peatfan
04-16-2006, 01:59 AM
Never realized that it was his eye. Hope all is well for him. Just saw the replay on the jumbotron and haven't since. Hope I get to see it again. I was wondering why he just bent over and quit throwing them.

RunTheGoalie
04-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Well, congratulations to the Warriors on winning the series. Thank god for Pogge, or we probably would have been swept. Good luck, and I hope you can beat the Tigers.

What an appropriate way to end this season, and with any luck, an era. Jeff Schultz plays one of his worst games in a Hitmen uniform (and that says a lot) coughs up the puck and we give up the series winning goal short handed while Kisio proves completely unable to motivate his team.

Nothing sums up the Kisio years like that play, does it? Mediocrity rules, no killer instinct. No desire. No heart. I can only pray that Kisio is fired - and he has done nothing to deserve continued employment - before the next generation falls into the same lethargy that the previous two have suffered under Kisio. It speaks volumes that aside from Merkley, the only players who were noticably trying out there were the 16 year olds. Where were the so-called leaders?

We had this team on the ropes, and in two straight games, this team quit after the first goal. Pogge's good, but he can't beat 20 guys by himself. Not a team like Moose Jaw. What a sad, sad way to end the season. Choked the division and regular season titles away, then choked in the second round.

Though I'm sure the team can find another position for Kisio within the organization. Afterall, they are hiring for parking attendants and concession staff...

SeventhHeaven4U
04-19-2006, 10:10 PM
I honestly think that you shouldn't be so hard on Kisio n the boys, they did what they could and unfortunately it wasn't their best. All in all it was a good series.

RunTheGoalie
04-19-2006, 10:14 PM
If you followed Kisio built teams the last few seasons, you wouldnt be so forgiving.

This guy's head was in the guillotine until we beat you in the first round last season - only to choke in the second round. One of the worst things to ever happen to this organization was beating Lethbridge in 2005.

This year was just more of the same.

It is time for a change.

peatfan
04-20-2006, 01:20 AM
Despite what Run the Goalie says, we had a good season and just lost to a better team. We have a good crop of young forwards with 12 back next year so we should have lots of fire power. As far as running down Schultz which you seem to do on a continuos basis, if he is so terrible why is he a first round draft pick and made the second allstar team this year. Must be a bunch of ****ty defenseman out there. Get of his back.
I agree that we do need another coach but I would keep Kisio as GM. He has made some great trade or maybe you forgot about the Pogge trade. Or maybe the Carson trade.
Too bad you are such a sore loser and can't accept defeat graciously.

bandwagonboy
04-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Though I'm sure the team can find another position for Kisio within the organization. Afterall, they are hiring for parking attendants and concession staff...

Like I said on the JHJ board, I thijnk that Kisio has done a hell of a job as a GM. He built a 100 point team after all.

I look at what this hitmen team has done and how it fell short and it reminds me of the tigs last year. I agree with many of the other posters here that Kisio crapped the bed and did not have your kids focused. But we went through the same thing in Medicine Hat last year. All year long, Medicine Hat was hot and cold through the 04/05 season. And come playoff time, Willie did not have his poop in a group. I think he learnt from his mistakes and became a much better coach because of it. Look at this year's tiger squad. Arguably they have less talent up front this year than last year, but they scored more goals this year than last. Also, this team never had a major miss-step unlike last year's team. And last year the tigs just barely got past Red Deer and then got thumped by PA. One game they'd show up, the next they were empty uniforms. This year, well 8-0 with three come from behind OT victories. This year they're focused, eyes on the prize.

Perhaps this experience will strengthen Kisio as a head coach the same way last year's miss-step strengthened willy.

RunTheGoalie
04-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Despite what Run the Goalie says, we had a good season and just lost to a better team. We have a good crop of young forwards with 12 back next year so we should have lots of fire power. As far as running down Schultz which you seem to do on a continuos basis, if he is so terrible why is he a first round draft pick and made the second allstar team this year. Must be a bunch of ****ty defenseman out there. Get of his back.
I agree that we do need another coach but I would keep Kisio as GM. He has made some great trade or maybe you forgot about the Pogge trade. Or maybe the Carson trade.
Too bad you are such a sore loser and can't accept defeat graciously.

Well, well, arent you Mr. Superiority?

I can, and have accepted the defeat. We most certantly did lose to a better team, as Calgary had no buisness ever taking this series to seven. Moose Jaw deserved this win, and earned their trip to the conference finals.

Trying to assess what went wrong for us, and what needs to be done is not a sign of being a "sore loser" or being unable to accept defeat. You sound like one of those fools that thinks that if you do the exact same thing next year, a different result will occur. They have a word for that: insanity.

Believe me, I'm not the only person who isn't all that impressed with Schultz. Why was he a first round pick? Because he is a big defenseman. But you know what? Pavel Brendl was a first round pick as well, and an all-star. Look at where his carreer has gone. Like Brendl, Schultz was drafted on potential. Like Brendl, Schultz lacks the wits to play a quality game at the NHL level. He's 6'7" and plays like he is 5'7". Maybe Schultz will surprise me in Washington, but one thing is for certain: he never was a difference maker in Calgary when we needed one.

As far as Kisio goes: He is one of the worst coaches I have ever seen.

As a GM he's made a few good trades, and one incredibly lucky one as there is no way on earth anyone could have anticipated Pogge could be so good. However he has consistantly failed to land that needed piece when we need it most. The last two years we've had our best teams since 2000. However, he has failed to fill needed holes, and that has helped to prevent this team from truely succeeding.

Kisio has had more than enough time as GM to build a successful team. He's failed. Move on.

bandwagonboy
04-21-2006, 07:54 AM
Trying to assess what went wrong for us, and what needs to be done is not a sign of being a "sore loser" or being unable to accept defeat. You sound like one of those fools that thinks that if you do the exact same thing next year, a different result will occur. They have a word for that: insanity.

And yet at the same time you don't want to panic over an early exit or two especially when the team has been outstanding in the regular season. The Calgary Flames did that and ended up trading away what could have been a dynasty. After a few early round exits in the playoffs in the mid 90's people were wondering what was wrong with the Red Wings. Holland didn't panic and ended up with a dynasty.

Kisio built an outstanding 100 point team, and he should recieve all the credit for that. His team also wasn't focused come playoff time and he should also recieve credit for that as well. Maybe there are better coaches in the 'dub than him, but really how many? Head coach wise you could be much worse off. Perhaps when a truly better option comes along King will take the option. But change just for the sake of change can be disasterous for a club.

peatfan
04-22-2006, 04:18 AM
Top forward line are a 17 yr old, a 17 yr and an 18 yr old
Second line was a 18 yr old and a 18 yr old
Third line was a 16 yr old and a 17 yr old
Fourth line was a 16 yr old, 17 yr old and an 18 yr old (except for last game)
Throw in a blue line that had a 16 yr old, a 17 yr old and a 17 yr old with a backup goalie who was 17 and it's plain to see that this team is being built for the next two years. This year's run was just a bonus thanks mainly due to Pogge. Looks to me like Kisio done a pretty good job of building a team for a legitimate two year run for the Memorial Cup. Plus we have a few good prospects in teh same 16-18 age catergory. If the team fails to make it to at least the finals of the WHL then I would say it's time for a management change until then I'm satisfied. And next year's team will be more run and gun.