PDA

View Full Version : Tigers Take 1-0 Series Lead Over the Blades

Tiger Trauma
04-07-2006, 10:40 PM
1st Period

No goals
5 PP for the tigers
1PP for the blades

The tigers came out FLYING..most of the first 5 minutes were spent in the blades zone...They had great puck support...guys like robertson and psurny kept creating turnover after turnover in the blades zone.

The blades i thought wern't playing bad, it just seemed like most of the tigers drank 2 litres of energy drinks before the game...haha.

The blades only managed 1 shot on goal...as the majority of the play was in the blades end.

There wernt a whole lot of scoring chances...the tigers had acouple good ones(psurny: wide open net but the puck was bouncing around)...alot of the play was against the boards...and going up and down the ice.

One of the blades was hammered along the boards...not sure who it was...looked like he just got the wind knocked from him.

2nd period

About a minute after barker rang a shot off the post, Daine Todd had all day to put away a rebound shot from barker. Powerplay goal
1-0 Tigers

8 minutes later Daine Todd collects his second of the game from currilla
(cant remember this one)
2-0 Tigers

Setguchi then cuts the tigers lead in half, which looked to be a lucky goal.
He was at the side of the net...and shot it along the ice....and somehow it found its way through keetley. It almost looked like it went in off of barker. It could have just found a hole through keetley.
4 on 4 goal.

2-1 Tigers

4 minutes after that maxwell wristed a shot at khodobin from the blueline while a tiger and a blade were tyng each other up going to the net...puck managed to just trickle over the line. 1 Goal khudobin would like to get back.
3-1 Tigers

it did appear that the reffing was slightly going our way....but when your constantly outworking, outhitting and have good body position the other team is a step behind..which leaves to; not great body positioning, and a few penalties.

3rd period
On the powerplay schlemko riffles a shot past the stick side of khudobin.
4-1 Tigers

The tigers last goal comes on a powerplay in which khodobin came out to challenge schlemko's shot....but he passed it to psurny who had an open cage.

5-1 Tigers

Impressive victory for the tigers tonight. They came out really hard, and deserved this win. Everyone played well tonight. Curilla had one of his better games tonight i though.

*Note*
I didn't see daine todd on the ice in the third.....Anybody see what happened? I havn't a clue

Now the blades know what to expect...They will probably come out twice as hard tomorow....it just seemed like the tigers were playing a notch above the blades level tonight.

saskdevil
04-08-2006, 06:55 PM
Not to take anything away from the Tiger's game last night but isn't it a bunch of B.S. when the teams combined for a total of 20 power play chances????? :mad: What the F is he smoking??? :spineyes: From what the Blades play by play man Les said was he was calling everything by the book, with no exceptions. Maybe let them play and both teams will have a good game, instead of ruining it for the players.

my 2 cents