PDA

View Full Version : Mucha the Giant killer!!!

HAF
04-08-2006, 12:41 AM
Wow,
I'd have never seen that one coming. I listened to Portlands feed tonight and it sounded like a good game to watch for sure! GO HAWKS!!!! and of course...GO AMS!!!!(next year)

Jimmypop316
04-08-2006, 01:45 AM
I'm going to agree with Herm fan here. All of us in the Us division (except for Everett) are cheering for you. Best of luck in the series, keep up the good work!!

Swando
04-08-2006, 01:49 AM
No - actually it was a terrible game to watch. I'm a Giant fan and I want to be objective here.... Once the Hawks got their goal they literally looked like a soccer team that would line up all 5 players around the perimeter of the crease and challenge the Giants to get it thru.!! Honestly, they did not chase the puck in the corner or cover the points. As soon as they got the puck they'd dump it out and changed and it was the same thing over and over and over. Portland had 6 shots the 1st period and ended up with 11. The ice in the Portland end during the 2nd and 3rd was practically fresh. Cudos to the 16 yr old goalie. He played awesome. No sour grapes here. The Hawks did what they had to do.

Jimmypop316
04-08-2006, 02:00 AM
No - actually it was a terrible game to watch. I'm a Giant fan and I want to be objective here.... Once the Hawks got their goal they literally looked like a soccer team that would line up all 5 players around the perimeter of the crease and challenge the Giants to get it thru.!! Honestly, they did not chase the puck in the corner or cover the points. As soon as they got the puck they'd dump it out and changed and it was the same thing over and over and over. Portland had 6 shots the 1st period and ended up with 11. The ice in the Portland end during the 2nd and 3rd was practically fresh. Cudos to the 16 yr old goalie. He played awesome. No sour grapes here. The Hawks did what they had to do.

Sadly since the introduction of Everett hockey that has really taken a hold of the league and it really bums me out. This is a development league and I've never understood how thats going to help anyone really. I wish that would change but since it wins games, I don't see it going away anytime soon.

natural_center
04-08-2006, 02:22 AM
Sadly since the introduction of Everett hockey that has really taken a hold of the league and it really bums me out.

Ya think it maybe had something to do with having only 5 healthy defensemen on the roster, losing the best defensive forward to a broken ankle, and playing their 3rd game in 4 nights?

Portland doesn't usually play like that. Right now, they're doing what they have to do to win games while wildly outmatched in virtually every facet of the game. And still it came down to a stellar game by a rookie goalie.

Redwic
04-08-2006, 06:50 AM
I'm going to agree with Herm fan here. All of us in the Us division (except for Everett) are cheering for you. Best of luck in the series, keep up the good work!!

Well, I am an Everett fan, but in the Vancouver-Portland series I am totally rooting for Portland. Unbelievable Game #1, too... Considering that the WinterHawks were outshot 41-13(!), it would be easy to suggest that either "Vancouver got robbed" or "Mucha stole that game".

Give Portland A LOT of credit, though. They are tremendously undermanned in this series. It has a lot to do with loads of grit, buckets of luck, and tons of discipline. I remember at the halfway point of the season when Portland spent over half of every game in the penalty box, but this certainly isn't the same team. It is only one game, but it could help provide a big confidence boost for the upcoming games. GO HAWKS!!!

Beaner
04-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Mucha played very well, but I would hardly call it a "stole a game" performance. Only one or two fantastic saves, but the rest were mostly perimeter shots that hit Mucha square in the pads, or were defelected easily into the corner.

Still a great performance by the Rookie netminder, and he got a nice round of appalause when he came out for the 3 stars.

HAF
04-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Mucha played very well, but I would hardly call it a "stole a game" performance. Only one or two fantastic saves, but the rest were mostly perimeter shots that hit Mucha square in the pads, or were defelected easily into the corner.

Still a great performance by the Rookie netminder, and he got a nice round of appalause when he came out for the 3 stars.

I'll take your word for it, I wasnt there. All I had to go on was what I heard from the Portland broadcasters. I've never really thought they called things with their "homer glasses" on but maybe I've been mistaken.

Beaner
04-08-2006, 02:14 PM
I'll take your word for it, I wasnt there. All I had to go on was what I heard from the Portland broadcasters. I've never really thought they called things with their "homer glasses" on but maybe I've been mistaken.

The Portland announcers arent homers, I really like listening to Andy and Scooter.

Might have gave the impression that Mucha was stealing the game, because he probably touched the puck more than any other Portland player last night. ;)

Dont get me wrong Mucha played great last night, I just dont recall ever saying how the heck did he stop that shot.

Jimmypop316
04-08-2006, 05:13 PM
The Portland announcers arent homers, I really like listening to Andy and Scooter.

By far the most enjoyable announcers that I listened to when I streamed some of the chiefs games this year. It was awesome to know theres some out there.

HAF
04-08-2006, 05:30 PM
By far the most enjoyable announcers that I listened to when I streamed some of the chiefs games this year. It was awesome to know theres some out there.
Even better then Westie???? ;)

Jimmypop316
04-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Even better then Westie???? ;)
Hahaha, ahh you got me there. Got to always give kudos to Westie.

I still remember him shouting Chiefs Win!! Over and over again when they beat Portland in that game 7.

nelson951
04-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Portland was throwing 3-4 players in front of the net from game 2 of the Seattle series, before the injuries. However it worked.

Giants will slaughter them though.

Jimmypop316
04-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Portland was throwing 3-4 players in front of the net from game 2 of the Seattle series, before the injuries. However it worked.

Giants will slaughter them though.

And thats exactly what happened tonight. Yewoch :(

Beaner
04-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Difference tonight, Giants made much better shots, and the Portland D was nowhere to be found.

Mucha was basically hung out to dry tonight in the second.

CB123
04-10-2006, 05:53 PM
And thats exactly what happened tonight. Yewoch

Yeah, the Giants completely dominated both nights, the only difference was Saturday we could actually get the puck into the net!

Swando
04-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Many fans around me in Vancouver kept saying why don't the Giants put a big guy or players in front of the net ion the offesive zone. My reply was ..."when you have 5 picket fences in front why make it 6 or 7 . Hawks don't cover the point and the G - Dmen just blast it at shin pads etc. In the second game they got favorable deflections that allowed 2nd and 3rd chances - thus the change in score.
The Hawks are doing everthing they have to with the injury bug that has hit them. Codos to the effort!

What wa the deal on the player defection?