PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Longest game in whl playoff History

Tiger Trauma
04-09-2006, 12:43 AM
Wow what a game!

Defineitly got my moneys worth today. Lots of chances inthe overtimes...both goalies played outstanding. Have to feel for khudobin...played great but let in a goal with a few minutes left to tie the game. Then lets in the overtime winner.

By the third overtime both teams sure looked tired..Although you could see a few guys who still had good bursts of energy.

Keetly stopped a breakaway in the first overtime. Khodobin stopped a partial breakaway on keiran block in the second.

Blades played a hell of a lot better. If the next game is played like the one today.....err yesterday...I'd expect the blades to have a good chance at winning a game or two at home.

Ennis played for the injured daine todd. I hope its nothing serious.
Any word on Barnes condition?

Currilla, ennis, hardly seen any playing time in the overtimes

Barker and russel sure logged a ton of ice time for the Tigers.
Schlemko and baldwin also got a lot of time.

Heard another poster say Daine Todd's Injury is a dislocated shoulder, but should be back in a week or so

Tiger Trauma
04-09-2006, 04:46 AM
It was also the 3rd longest game in whl playoff history

119 mins, 41 secs - Saskatoon Blades at Medicine Hat Tigers, April 8, 2006. Tigers won 4-3.

Also I believe 84 shots was the second largest shot total on one goalie.

I wonder if the refs get paid overtime?

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-09-2006, 09:54 AM
He was taken to the Hospital,when he became injured,supposedly his kidneys are the injured area,I think he was passing blood,and when that happened,they/he knew something was wrong.

That was a marathon of a hockey game,it was so nerve racking to watch.

Other people are saying that Barnes might miss the rest of the series,but that would depend on how long the series is.