PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to the Girls Sitting Behind Me On Friday Night

TheBrass
04-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Dear Giggly Girls,

You are everything that is wrong with women faking an interest in sports. You are the kind of girls who give the rest of womankind a bad bad reputation. Allow me to demonstrate in point form why you have no business ever attending another Giants game and why if you sit behind me I may have to throw popcorn at you.

1) There is more than one player on the Giants team. They are not all named Brule (by the way.........learn how to pronounce it before you shriek it in my ear) they do not all wear number 17. Next time I would suggest surveying the ice to ensure he is on it before loudly chanting "Seventeen! Seventeen! Seventeen!)

2) If a Giants player does not have the puck, there is no point in yelling shoot. The same rule applies if he does have the puck but is in his defensive end, well behind a screen, or FACING AWAY FROM THE NET!

3) Lots of sports have balls, hockey however has a puck. Memorize this, because you made me hate you that much more when you hollered at Brule go hit the ball.

4) Taunting the opposition is a well honored past time, and nothing gets me fired up like a good taunt. However, "You Suck Red" is wrong in so many ways that I can't even list them here.

5) A well timed F-bomb will always have it's place in sporting conversation, however your language was disgusting, I hope your parents are increadibly proud of how they brought you up. If my mother ever heard me talk like that she'd slap the smack talking, Brule loving, ill mannered grin off my face.

In closing, while I hope you are ashamed of yourselves, I know I am being too optimistic that you would ever look at a website about hockey, you just go to games to look at the cute young boys. Grow up and learn about the game, you might just like it.

dondo
04-10-2006, 03:41 PM
so you were sitting in section D then TheBrass? ;)

go seventeen .. heh heh.. at least I wasn't right in front of them

TheBrass
04-10-2006, 03:49 PM
right near you and your special edition milk crate foot stool.............do they make you pay extra for that bad boy? :spineyes:

Carebear
04-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Hahaha.

I wonder if its the same girls that were in the Province newspaper last year during the NHL lockout talking about how they didn't miss the NHL because they could now go watch the cute young boys. I believe they even said that they didn't care about the hockey, they just wanted to check out the players.

Where's a barfing emoticon when you need one?

langdak
04-10-2006, 05:16 PM
...........and then there are the ones who yell at Gordichuk to put his training wheels back on

sheesh.......... :D

Scout
04-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Hit the ball? Sorry and i see your frustration but what you wrote was some of the funniest stuff i have read. You sure they were sober?

Scout

langdak
04-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Hit the ball? Sorry and i see your frustration but what you wrote was some of the funniest stuff i have read. You sure they were sober?

Scout

Oh they were sober alright

It was beyond interesting to say the least, we have had some beauties in the rows behind us this year

CB123
04-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Dear Giggly Girls,
3) Lots of sports have balls, hockey however has a puck. Memorize this, because you made me hate you that much more when you hollered at Brule go hit the ball.

ahahahahhahaha oh thats just sad. I feel so sorry for you.

rinkrat
04-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Good post The Brass...
Reminds me of the time I almost punched out three drunk punks who stole my kids' bag of peanuts we left at our seats when we went for a walk.
I think you may be better off sitting in a section that has mostly all season ticket holders(between the bluelines) but thats no guarantee,as thats where the "peanut incident" took place.

TheBrass
04-10-2006, 06:27 PM
...........and then there are the ones who yell at Gordichuk to put his training wheels back on

C'mon now darling, at least I made you laugh.

Thanks for the compliment Scout, I'm glad you enjoyed it. They were sober (and I am guessing too young to drink). It's all in good fun, with having to wait until Wednesday for more game action to discuss, I thought we could use a good topic to hold us. :)

SeventhHeaven4U
04-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Hahaha.

I wonder if its the same girls that were in the Province newspaper last year during the NHL lockout talking about how they didn't miss the NHL because they could now go watch the cute young boys. I believe they even said that they didn't care about the hockey, they just wanted to check out the players.

Where's a barfing emoticon when you need one?

LOL I feel for all of you! I have heard my fair share of stupid comments having 2 brothers going thru hockey and by being an avid hockey fan. I'm not sure which is more irritating... the hecklers or the teenie boppers with shirts down to there and skirts up to here and make up painted on with a putty knife making comments: " <giggling> do you think Henry(Jordan) noticed me, i think he is sooo cute, OMG! did you see that thing in his mouth! THAT IS SOOOO GROSS!!! " or " why can't they play with a broken stick" or they hear the crowd cheering, so they cheer and you hear one of them say to the other " did we score a goal?" Barf barf! LMAO. :spineyes:

ihlemic10
04-10-2006, 06:39 PM
These are the same kind of girls that were written about in the Everett Herald a few months back. All it had was puckbunnies explaining how cute the guys are and saying they don't care for hockey. It was a terrible article and yet by my girlfriends seats this year, I had to deal with all the time...those kind of girls make me sad.

Also during the last home game of the year, some girls had a giant poster of Heshka that they put on the glass. A few the guys hit pucks at it and they were like "Whoa, what did they hit at us?" later turning into "They are looking at us, OMG" and "He's soo cute...". The sad thing was the girls were 13 at the oldest...

HockeyHairIsSexy
04-10-2006, 09:10 PM

well i for one thought that was pretty funny, cha langdak i didnt hear you thinkin
up any good calls. :p
Great post, that exactly describes those girls. It was especially bad when
one of them swore right in my ear...noice. Was pretty funny though when
they called the puck a ball, almost worth listening to them...but not quite.
I pray I never have to deal with that again, although they're always be
some people like that I suppose, just hope they dont come near me or I may
have to go all jd watt on them heh :laugh:

Bran
04-11-2006, 01:11 AM
You know, I grew up around hockey and I would alwas go to my friends games, cousins games, whoever was playing. I went to no less than three hockey games a week and cheered and had a great time. Then when I was 12 my friends grandpa took us to a Pats game (they had season tickets) and I was hooked! It was faster, bigger, more exciting. One thing I wasn't prepared for was the looks I'd get. Girls like that make people think that every girl at a hockey game wants a player! I was constantly hearing people talk behind my back, girls said horrible things to me (I'm guessing) assuming that I was there for the same reason they were and therefore I was the competition. For a little while when I was in high school, I was so self-conscious about what I looked like when I went to games...I'd come home from school and put my hair in a pony tail and put on as many many layers of clothing as I could...I went to great lengths to avoid being associated with those girls in any way. I was telling this to a friend who was playing in Calgary at the time and he asked why I let it bother me, said they were pretty much chastising me because they figured I was like them, which I wasn't, and he told me to ignore them. Brilliant! It was so simple, so I did it...and started enjoying going to games again where I'd almost dreaded it at one point. I started making conversation with the people who sat around me, learned where to sit to avoid people like that. I found that once I started talking to these people they understood why I was there and they respected me, and respected my opinions. I think it's sad when you see 12 and 13 year old girls like that, because they really have no idea what they're getting into...any older than that and it just annoys me. Haha, at school I was a pretty confident person with a lot of friends, but it was hockey that brought out all my insecurities. Not that you all needed to know this stuff, lol, but I needed to get it out! Now I know what they mean when they say writing is a release!

Carebear
04-11-2006, 10:54 AM
^ Good post!

I hear ya on all of that.
I Grew up watching and playing hockey, yet because I go to games and look nice (no, I don't mean "slutty" with mini skirts and shirts way down my chest, but I also don't go looking like a bum in track pants and a sweat shirt) I get the looks of "what a puckbunny" etc. You just have to ignore it. Ultimately, you don't have to go out and prove to anyone that you're there for the game and not to pick up players. (Although I'll be the first to admit that it does feel nice when you talk to male hockey fans and they realize you do have knowledge about the game and aren't some stupid puck slut). It can be hard to listen to the comments sometimes, you just have to go and enjoy the game, because in the end, that's what it's about!

dondo
04-11-2006, 11:51 AM
right near you and your special edition milk crate foot stool.............do they make you pay extra for that bad boy? :spineyes:

lol - it's helps that our host is Dirk.. odd fellow but good at his job and very helpful when we need something particular. He actually has remembered that I need it before each game and makes sure its there for me. And we get the comfy new seats too.

I think the black milk crate works better visually than the yellow one did, don't you? lol

see ya on Sunday