PDA

View Full Version : Wall Named CHL Goalie of the Week

Tipped Off
02-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Of course right after they announce his suspension, they also announce he has been named CHL goalie of the Week! As far as I know this is the first "major" award given to a silvertip. I know we've never had a player of the week/month, but I'm not sure if Harvey ever got Goalie of the week/month last season.

From Keith Armstrong, Tips Director of Ticket sale:

The Canadian Hockey League today announced that Everett Silvertips' goaltender Mike Wall is the ADT CHL Goalie of the Week after
posting two wins, a 0.50 goals against average, .975 save percentage and a shutout in two games last week.

The 19-year-old native of Telkwa, British Columbia gave up one goal on 23 shots in a 2-1 win over the Spokane Chiefs on February 4 and made 18 saves for his ninth shutout of the season in a 2-0 win over the Seattle Thunderbirds on February 5. Wall improved his season record to 19-16-5
with a 2.04 goals against average and .924 save percentage in 42 games.

Each week during the regular season, the CHL will recognize the ADT CHL Goaltender of the Week and will present the ADT CHL Goaltender of the Year Award to the CHL's top netminder at the conclusion of the 2004-05 season.

rinkrat
02-08-2005, 04:43 PM
First Coburn gets player of the week,then gets suspended.Now Wall gets goalie of the week and he gets suspended?
I hope Bartley doesn't get P.O.W. next week!