PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs announce no ticket price increase

Tipped Off
04-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Chiefs Announce No Ticket Price Increases
04/10/06 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Spokane Chiefs
The Spokane Chiefs have announced that for the third year in a row all ticket prices will remain the same, including Season Ticket prices which have not changed for the past four seasons.

"The biggest benefit we can offer our fans is an affordable and competitively priced ticket," the Managing Partner of the Chiefs, Bobby Brett said. "We're happy to announce that all ticket prices will not change for the third season in a row."

"We wanted to reward the Chiefs loyal fans and say ?thank you' for all their support," Brett said

All ticket packages for the 2006-07 season are on sale now.

Ticket packages will range from $64 for an eight game package to $475 for a full season ticket and offer savings up to $105. Groups of 20 or more fans can also save up to $2.50 per ticket compared to the walk-up price.

Walk-up prices will range from $8.00 to $16.00.

For more information on ticket packages, contact a Chiefs Account Executive at (509) 535-PUCK or TicketsWest at (800) 325-SEAT.

The 2006-07 schedule will be released in August.

LifelongChiefsFan
04-11-2006, 07:02 PM
I wonder if a ticket decrease would up attendance enough to increase overall profits. The numbers have been steadily going down for years now and the quality of hockey they have provided the last few years has not helped any. It's probably the reason why attendance continues to drop. The Chiefs haven't had a good(top 6) team since 2001. I'd just like to see the numbers go up a bit, there were some Wednesday night games where the attendance was pathetic. Even Saturday night games only draw about 7k anymore. I realize it's all about money, but the money they make has to be decreasing. Even now though, poor quality isn't the only thing they have to worry about anymore. If the Shock continue to keep winning, I have a feeling some Chiefs ticket holders might quit buying Chiefs season tickets and purchase Shock season tickets instead. It will definitely be interesting to see if the Chiefs can provide a winning team next year and see how that affects overall attendance numbers.

Jimmypop316
04-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Hell if we make the playoffs I'm sure it will help. But the type of hockey they are playing probably would warrant more attraction than anything. Sports are fads too you have to remember that, and right now hockey is kind of on the outs. They never had to compete with Gonzaga in the past and now, its GIGANTIC.

Hopefully the Shock won't stay ahead of everyone. But I can't really see it lasting.

This was also the worst season attendance wise since they opened the arena (i think). If they stop turning a profit, thats when I'll start to get scared, but for now its simply not the popular sport. College BBall/Football is in right now in Spokane.

HAF
04-12-2006, 06:22 PM
I always thought the Chiefs should offer special ticket prices for Ams season ticket holders and the Ams should offer special ticket pricing for Chiefs season ticket holders. I think that would help out both teams on "rivalry nights".

rezstyle
05-04-2006, 09:19 AM
I think all teams should do that. I think we actually get more Kootenay fans than Tri Cities fans per game. Those guys bring a bunch of people down. And they always beat us......I hate that "ice...ice...ice.." chant, lol.