PDA

View Full Version : Liam Couture

mccabe23
02-08-2005, 03:53 PM
I saw this on the WHL website......Injuries: #25 Couture, Liam (D) - Hand - 3-6 Weeks! When and how did this happen? :eek:

Tiger Trauma
02-08-2005, 04:59 PM
how has he panned out so far for kelowna...is he being used as a 3-4 guy or is he more of a 5-6 guy?

mccabe23
02-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Liam has been used as a 5-6 D-man. He doesn't play a heck of a lot but he's doing ok. He's stepped up to the plate in the fighting department though and recently did ok against Tristen Grant of Vancouver. He's not too bad of a D-man but I do question his skating abilities. :skeptical

Tiger Trauma
02-08-2005, 05:19 PM
when he was with the tigers he just started to get into his groove...before he was traded He started throwing good hits...wouldn't back down from fights......he's seems to have bad luck with injuries this year though?

mccabe23
02-08-2005, 05:44 PM
I strongly believe with more icetime, he could be a solid d-man in this league. It's too bad he won't get much of a chance here in Kelowna as he is behind Weber, Cumiskey, Palin and Card. Perhaps next year although he will be 20. But then again, Deschamps stuck here in K-town so who knows.

kelownakarl
02-08-2005, 06:48 PM
I like Couture's willingness to get his nose dirty and get involved in the physical side of things. His hockey sense is there, and yes i sort of question his skating at times, but overall I like the pickup. Probably will be a 20 y/o next year.

Jovorock
02-09-2005, 06:45 AM
I like Couture's willingness to get his nose dirty and get involved in the physical side of things. His hockey sense is there, and yes i sort of question his skating at times, but overall I like the pickup. Probably will be a 20 y/o next year.
Ya I agree Karl, he will be a good 20 year old just like Palin next year.