PDA

View Full Version : Brule Brule! 4-3

Swando
04-12-2006, 11:16 PM
The puck follows the great players...that includes Albers. Wow . Watched the game on the net ( not bad, not great ) but very good PBP by the Hawks radio personel. Great goal by Gilbert Brule. Mocha would have left the ice earlier but he had to pick up his jock strap. Wish I was there. :groovy:

Crosby rules
04-14-2006, 07:17 AM
Do you think the Giants would have made it this far with out Brule? I think when he came back that just made them a whole lot better and more confidant. I saw the giants play in brandon in november, but brule was not there yet with them. they handled the wheaties, but then again the wheaties were struggling.

Beaner
04-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Do you think the Giants would have made it this far with out Brule? I think when he came back that just made them a whole lot better and more confidant. I saw the giants play in brandon in november, but brule was not there yet with them. they handled the wheaties, but then again the wheaties were struggling.

Hard to say, because so many things happened after Brule came back, the biggest one being Kraus missing out on the last 18 games of the year with the Jaw injury.

We basically ended up trading our #1 Center, Kraus, for Brule, which kept us in the hunt to win the division. If Brule hadn't of come back, and we still lost Kraus, I think the Giants probably would have ended up in 2nd or 3rd in the division and then who knows from there.

There are just too many ifs ands and maybes to say what would have happened if Brule didnt come back. The only thing that matters is we got him, he has made the team better, and we are winning.

Everything else is speculation, but I think yes the Giants would have made it this far into the playoffs without him.

dondo
04-14-2006, 01:14 PM
The Giants were confident all season, but with how seamlessly Brule fit back into the mix just brought it to another level. Also as beaner said we would have had a harder time gaining the division title losing Kraus and not having Brule to fill the slot.

I'm also wondering how good Machacek would be right now if he had not played on Brule's line, I think he would still have the heart and drive, but would he be as productive?

GF71
04-14-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm also wondering how good Machacek would be right now if he had not played on Brule's line, I think he would still have the heart and drive, but would he be as productive?

Whatdya mean? Spencer is carrying Gilbert! ahahaha :clap:

Swando
04-14-2006, 08:29 PM
You have to remember that it wasn't just Kraus that was injured. We were missing Lucic, Watt, Rutherford, Reese, Fistric shortly after Brule came back. Don Hay gave him every chance to get back in game shape by double and triple shifting him during those injury riddled times. Brule rose to the occasion. When you add Brule to the best team in the conference you become that much stronger. 7 games vs PG for sure and probably 6or 7 for sure against Portland without Brule.