PDA

View Full Version : WHL or NHL

ihlemic10
04-15-2006, 02:28 PM
If someone were to walk up to you and offer you a WHL team season ticket and a NHL season ticket, which would you take. You could only go to the team/league you chose and cannot sell the tickets to go to the other. I would take WHL, love it more than NHL games.

Triton
04-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Depends what team it's for.If someone gave me Avalanche season tickets than yeah.As far as pace and entertainment value,WHL rocks in that department.I went to a flames game this year,spent over $500 in tickets,plus gas and hotel only to see a 2-0 Flames win with one of the goals being empty netter...not what I want to see when I spend that.

I do enjoy going to WHL games alot more.I'll stick to watching the NHL on TV for free,and I'll pay to watch WHL and get full value for my dollar plus more.

GF71
04-15-2006, 03:04 PM
I had both Giants and Canucks seasons tickets for three years and gave up my canucks tickets after the last pre-lock out season. So WHL is my answer! The hockey is FAR more entertaining on a consistant basis. :thumb:

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-15-2006, 03:04 PM
I prefer WHL over NHL not only because the Leafs are brutal,but the price of season tickets(tickets in general) is cheaper in the WHL,and plus I am getting Season Tickets for the Blades in 06-07 anyways (So is Blades 4 Life) :thumb:

Being offered Leafs season tickets
I think it would be way too difficult to get season tickets for the Leafs:

1.It would be expensive,and it would depend on where you would want to sit.

2.Then I would have to move away from my family & friends and into a new city......

Being offered Blades season tickets
1.I would accept the offer in a blink of an eye,and with no questions asked :thumb:

2.I would not have to move away from home to watch hockey at an affordable price(The same price no matter where you sit,If you buy before the early bird deadline then obviously you would pay less as opposed to after the deadline)

So the obvious descison here is to buy(or in the case of the oringinal post take the Blades season tickets(Which is exactly what I will be doing before the 06-07 season :BUYING BLADES SEASON TICKETS :groovy: :wave:

Beaner
04-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Its an easy call, WHL. No doubt about it.

Flathead
04-15-2006, 03:56 PM
The WHL is better hockey. I hated the NHL at the begining of the season, but now they are letting more calls go and the rough stuff is getting back into the game. You can actually touch a guy now wothout getting a penalty.
The WHL has kids that want to play in the big show so they try hard almost every night, there's not to many Yashins and Nedveds in the dub. However there are a few Avery's. lol

rinkrat
04-15-2006, 04:14 PM
I'll stick to watching the NHL on TV for free,

Lots of games in Vancouver are Pay Per View!More will be added next year.

I don't follow the Canucks too closely as I'm caught up in the WHL.I love junior hockey and its rediculous that those greedy canucks want over $100/ticket!I hope they keep losing,then the bandwagon fans will go away,and the building will be half full.Maybe then they will lower ticket prices!
I watched a game from LA the other day.They were selling tickets for 2 tickets,2 drinks and parking,for $50 bucks.If they can sell them at that price,the Canucks are just gouging us!

Tinner
04-15-2006, 04:33 PM
WHL, mainly because i can watch all the NHL i want on TV, plus replays and listening to the announcers/color guys is interesting.

chiefgongshow
04-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Id take NHL. Caps tickets just for the excitement Ovechkin plays with every game. Or Pens tickets when Malkin is on the team, so I could watch Sid, and Malkin

dondo
04-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Lots of games in Vancouver are Pay Per View!More will be added next year.

I don't follow the Canucks too closely as I'm caught up in the WHL.I love junior hockey and its rediculous that those greedy canucks want over $100/ticket!I hope they keep losing,then the bandwagon fans will go away,and the building will be half full.Maybe then they will lower ticket prices!
I watched a game from LA the other day.They were selling tickets for 2 tickets,2 drinks and parking,for $50 bucks.If they can sell them at that price,the Canucks are just gouging us!

WHL you get more than your money's worth and NHL a lot less.. fifty bucks+ to sit in the gods and look through a freaking net??? gimme a frigging break. After watching WHL all season its a much better game and the effort is far greater.

and rinkrat I think they'd be stupid to increase the number of PPV games next season after the garbage we put up with this season, but that's probaby just what they'll do. Over twenty PPV games, this year - any more and they'll rapidly lose their disgruntled fan base. $10.95 for garbage hockey on TV is not in any way shape or form a deal.

Kristi
04-15-2006, 06:38 PM
WHL for sure! My seats for a NHL game for an entire season would be thousands of dollars for the season! NO THANKS!

And what's better than getting to see the future stars today!!!

LifelongChiefsFan
04-15-2006, 08:06 PM
It really is hard to say. Many of the replies so far have had money as one of the reasons they prefer WHL. I interpreted the original post as meaning tickets were given to you so that money would not be an issue. If that were the case I would pick the NHL tickets. The WHL and NHL have different styles though, which makes them both good. However for some reason, I just like the NHL game a little better. It seems to be a little smoother and faster than WHL games and that is more appealing to me. Of course I guess that would depend on the teams you follow as well. I don't get to see any WHL games outside of games against Spokane which is really too bad. Maybe if I got to see some of the Medicine Hat/Calgary games etc, this year it would change my mind, I'm not sure. But I do know that right now if someone offered me tickets I would take the NHL ones.

Also, I don't think any sport pro/college/or minors tops the NHL playoffs. The most exciting 2 months of sports, IMO

peatfan
04-16-2006, 01:52 AM
More exciting in junior than in the NHL. The players are trying to get the big bucks so are showing their future boss what they can do while the pro have their millions stashed away so take more nights off. Also in junior if a team is down by 2 or 3 goals they can still comeback while usualy in the NHL it's game over. The players are definately better in the NHL but the excitment level is better in the WHL. Always has been and always will be. Just more unpreditable at this level and the fans are fans. They are louder and more get behind their teams more than in the NHL where more stuffed shirts are there to be seen rather than the game. After all they can't cheer too much in case some other stuffed shirt think something less of them. Junior fans just go out there and cheer. :bounce:

nivek_wahs
04-16-2006, 06:39 AM
The Dub... no questions asked.

Number_4
04-16-2006, 09:41 AM
I would definatly take whl tickets. No questions asked.

As for Vancouver, even with the team losing, they still said last night during the game that not only was this the ***th consecutive sell-out, they also have over 4000 people on the waiting list for season tickets. So I wouldnt assume because they have a sub-par team this year, that they are going to lose their fan base. Fans in Vancouver are fickle, but not that fickle.

3rebels
04-16-2006, 09:41 PM
As we have WHL season tickets, I/We would take 2 tickets to see the Flames JUST to see Dion Phaneuf.
I will always be a fan of the Dub. Much better action and the guys play to get to the next rung NOT for a pay-cheque. Get to see a lot of future NHL'ers and great hockey. Who could ask for anything more. :groovy:

Fight Guy
04-16-2006, 11:06 PM
I would take NHL. It obviously depends on the team, but for one season, I would take NHL tickets. But if it were for like...five or more seasons, then I would say WHL, because of the different players. You get to watch players develpoe and get new prospects and all, while in the NHL, you dont get near as much change. Alot of young players move up, but not like the WHL. I would want Flames season tickets. I love going to Flames games. The Saddledome is awsome.

Kassian
04-17-2006, 07:58 PM
WHL ticket no question about it. I wouldn't even take an NHL ticket if someone offered me one for free. The NHL sucks. No passion or emotion in the game anymore it's pretty much unbareable to watch, IMO.

In fact call me nuts, but I'd rather pay NHL price for a WHL ticket than pay WHL price for an NHL ticket. I know that sounds extreme but it's the honest to god truth. The WHL brand of hockey entertains me. The NHL puts me to sleep.

SectionNDeserter
04-17-2006, 08:14 PM
WHL tickets hands down. The NHL players have nowhere to go but down, and unrestricted free agency is just killing that league. It is hard to make any sort of a connection with the players on your team, when they are jumping from team to team to team every other year for more money. At least with Junior hockey you have a good idea how long you are going to see a player for, and when they do move to another team, it is usually for the right reasons.

Rooselk
04-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Perhaps it's because I'm also originally from Spokane, but I agree with LifelongChiefsFan: if money were no object I would take the NHL tickets. Don't get me wrong - I love the WHL and I'm really happy to be a Tips season ticket holder. But the NHL has the best hockey players in the world and I enjoy watching them play. Having both NHL Center Ice on cable and season tickets I'm just glad that I have the opportunity to enjoy both.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
04-18-2006, 05:34 PM
I cant really make that decision because i have not actually been to an actual nhl game. It is the best players in the world in the nhl, and the the dub they are still young guys.

If someone gave me the choice between an nhl ticket to any nhl game, or a dub ticket to any dub game, i would probably take the NHL ticket, mostly because ive never seen an nhl game and that its supposed to be the fasted most skilled hockey out there, next to olympics hockey(which is mostly nhlers anyways). The WHL is great hockey for a low price, and gives you a chance to see some future nhlers before they go to the big show, right now im happy with the WHL.

The NHL would be nice to try on a short term basis but as for long term basis i would probably go with whl hockey. Its a completly different team every 3 or 4 years and its exciting to watch how they develop into great players

(we could have better officiating on a more consistant basis though!)

Tiger Trauma
04-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Whl tigers have been my favorite team since i was 2. Whl definitely.

Of course if i got offered free season tickets to the flames...with free transportion...I wouldnt pass the offer up....otherwise whl

bandwagonboy
05-03-2006, 07:39 AM
I would take the WHL season ticket.

After last season's lock out, and then finally the way they performed in the Olympics I just can't stand the NHL at all.

I understand that hockey is a business and all, but honestly there isn't a whole lot of differences between the deal they have now and the deal that was on the table at the deadline. Both sides were just too proud and too greedy. Had they worked a little harder at it there would have been a season last year. And after the way they played at the olympics that just tells me that they don't want to play for pride or even self respect. They just want to play for the cabbage. I was so disapointed in the effort they put forth. Losing I don't mind, but so many games they just didn't show up for at all. I was seriously hoping that the way they'd play in Torino would revitalize my interest in the NHL the way they played in Salt Lake revitalized my interest in hockey in general. After that let down, well I think I'll be strictly a 'dub fan for many years to come. Unless of course the women's pro league expands to the hat. I'd probably spring for a season ticket package for that. After the way those girls played in both Torino and Salt Lake, and after seeing the National team here in the Hat and meeting a few of them I'm a converted women's hockey fan to say the least. I caught the Axion/Thunder championship game on TSN HD and that game entertained the hell out of me.