PDA

View Full Version : Chris Mason scores!

Triton
04-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Chris Mason..yes the same Chris Mason who tended net for the Cougars scored his first goal in the NHL tonight.His Nashville Predators beat Phoenix 5-1.

Weird.How many goaltenders in the NHL have scored in the history now?

langdak
04-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Chris Mason..yes the same Chris Mason who tended net for the Cougars scored his first goal in the NHL tonight.His Nashville Predators beat Phoenix 5-1.

Weird.How many goaltenders in the NHL have scored in the history now?

I know it was classed as a goal, more of a technicality then anything

One of the Dmen dumped it in his own net, Mason was the last to touch the puck, so its not really the same as a goalie scoring, but none the less he gets credit for it

Triton
04-16-2006, 01:31 AM
A goals a goal.Why analyze everything?

langdak
04-16-2006, 11:53 AM
A goals a goal.Why analyze everything?

I am not analyzing everything, i am simply adding facts to the situation, is that illegal?

Jimmypop316
04-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Waynes reaction was the best part of the whole thing.

You can watch the clip of it on nhl.com in the scores section. Sanderson went ot make a pass back to the point on a delayed penalty call, missed, and it sailed into the back of the net.

SectionNDeserter
04-16-2006, 01:22 PM
A goals a goal.Why analyze everything?A goal is a goal, but there is a HUGE difference between that goal, and goals that have been scored in the past by other goalies, goalies that have actually taken a few strides and shot the puck down the ice into the emtpy net, and not just had the puck go off their shoulder and then have the other team bumble the puck into their own net.

Colin
04-17-2006, 07:31 AM
I know Hextall and Brodeur each have two (both have one in playoffs and one regular season), and I know Nabokov scored one against the Canucks. I'm sure I'm missing at least a couple guys who actually shot it in, and a handful more who, like Chris Mason, got credit for an own goal.

If anyone can come up with a definitive list, that would be great. I should look it up myself.

SectionNDeserter
04-17-2006, 09:17 AM
I know Hextall and Brodeur each have two (both have one in playoffs and one regular season), and I know Nabokov scored one against the Canucks. I'm sure I'm missing at least a couple guys who actually shot it in, and a handful more who, like Chris Mason, got credit for an own goal.

If anyone can come up with a definitive list, that would be great. I should look it up myself.Jason Clague of the Rebels got one years ago like Mason's vs. Lethbridge too.

Hatguy
04-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Didn't Theodore get one when he was with Montreal a few years back?

langdak
04-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Here is a list for all the people who were wondering

NHL Goalies who have scored by not shooting the puck:

Billy Smith
Damian Rhodes
Martin Brodeur
Chris Mason

NHL Goalies who have scored by shooting the puck:

Ron Hextall
Jose Theodore
Chris Osgood
Evgeni Nabokov

Nabokov's goal was actually on the power play, the first ever power play goal by a goalie in NHL History