PDA

View Full Version : N.H.L. Draft

Scout
04-17-2006, 06:31 AM
I have received a list of the top goalies in North America for the upcoming draft. This list does not include Euro goalies. I have only listed W.H.L. goalies with their current rank for the draft:

(2) Leland Irving ( Everett)
(3) Kevin Armstrong ( Spokane )
(10) Gavin McHale ( Lethbridge )
(11) Kris Lazaruk ( Kootney )
(25) Dustin Butler ( Portland )
(26) James Butler ( Red Deer )
(30) Marc Cheverie ( Nanaimo )

Scout

Scout
04-17-2006, 08:35 AM
(5) Peter Mueller ( Everett )
(16) Ty Wishart ( Prince George )
(21) Brady Calla ( Everett )
(22) Ryan White ( Calgary )
(23) Michael Grabner ( Spokane )
(24) Ondrej Fiala ( Everett )
(26) Cody Burki ( Brandon )
(34) Riley Holzapfel ( Moose Jaw )
(36) Graham Potuer ( Everett )
(41) Bud Holloway ( Seattle )
(42) Ben Maxwell ( Kootenay )
(47) Jesse Dudas ( Prince George )
(53) Milan Lucic ( Vancouver )
(55) Tysen Dowzak ( Kelowna )
(57) Ben Wright ( Lethbridge )
(60) Sasha Golin ( Portland )
(61) Lukas Bohunicky ( Kootenay )
(73) Cameron Cepek ( Portland )
(75) Victor Bartley ( Kamloops )
(77) Matt McCue ( Spokane )
(78) Jordan Willert ( Tri-city )
(82) Jonathon Smith ( Red Deer )
(90) Matthew Cline ( Red Deer )
(92) Frazer McLaren ( Portland )
(98) Keegan Dansereau ( Calgary )
(100) Logan Pyett ( Regina )

Scout

Sput
04-17-2006, 10:17 PM
I wish we had been able to see Dudas play a bit more here in PG this season. Having been out since December and still looking to be drafted in the second or third round.....WOW. Hope he comes back healthy for next year.

ihlemic10
04-17-2006, 11:35 PM
These look like the mid season ones released a while ago. People are saying that Mueller's number should go higher, depending on if keeps hot like he is right now in the playoffs.

Scout
04-18-2006, 08:20 AM
These are the mid term rankings but i thought i would list them for those who may have missed them. As for Mueller, he is still listed # 5. The battle right now for first overall is between Erik Johnson who is 6'4" 222 lbs. from the U.S. under 18 team and Phil Kessel who stands 6' 190 lbs. from The University of Minnesota who is being compared to Crosby. Some are saying he is even better than Crosby.

Scout

Triton
04-18-2006, 09:34 AM
I don't think Kessel is nowhere near Crosby,and probably won't be.The ranking don't mean squat really.It all depends on what the teams who pick high are looking for.If St.Louis,Pittsburgh or Washington get the first pick they'll probably want a defenceman,so they'll take Johnson.If they want speed up from Kessel is your guy.If they want a player who does basically everything and is a game breaker than choose Toews.

Beaner
04-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Supposedly the Final rankings are coming out on Thursday, should be interesting to see who has moved where on that list.

Flathead
04-19-2006, 06:20 PM
I don't think Kessel is nowhere near Crosby,and probably won't be.The ranking don't mean squat really.It all depends on what the teams who pick high are looking for.If St.Louis,Pittsburgh or Washington get the first pick they'll probably want a defenceman,so they'll take Johnson.If they want speed up from Kessel is your guy.If they want a player who does basically everything and is a game breaker than choose Toews.
I too, don't think that Kessel is anywhere near Crosby. Johnson will probally be the number one pick, and I would pick Kessel over Toews. However I think Toews still has a lot of improving to do and would be a great pick for a work in progress. He will be very good.

Dwight Schrute
04-19-2006, 09:14 PM
id take johnson then toews then staal then kessel

Beaner
04-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Final Rankings:

Just the WHL Guys:

SKATERS:
6 MUELLER, PETER EVERETT
14 FIALA, ONDREJ EVERETT
15 GRABNER, MICHAEL SPOKANE
18 BURKI, CODEY BRANDON
21 WISHART, TY PRINCE GEORGE
27 WHITE, RYAN CALGARY
28 CALLA, BRADY EVERETT
37 HOLZAPFEL, RILEY MOOSE JAW
40 HOLLOWAY, BUD SEATTLE
43 POTUER, GRAHAM EVERETT
44 MAXWELL, BEN KOOTENAY
53 DUDAS, JESSE PRINCE GEORGE
58 LUCIC, MILAN VANCOUVER
59 WRIGHT, BEN LETHBRIDGE
64 BARTLEY, VICTOR KAMLOOPS
75 DANSEREAU, KEEGAN CALGARY
78 MCCUE, MATT SPOKANE
83 CEPEK, CAMERON PORTLAND
85 BOHUNICKY, LUKAS KOOTENAY
87 DOWZAK, TYSEN KELOWNA
98 GOLIN, SASHA PORTLAND
99 BENDFELD, JORDAN MEDICINE HAT
101 MCLAREN, FRAZER PORTLAND
111 BERNHARDT, JUSTIN REGINA
116 GREENAN, CHAD KOOTENAY
118 SMITH, JONATHON RED DEER
120 CLINE, MATTHEW RED DEER
121 HARTY, JONATHAN EVERETT
125 DORSETT, DEREK MEDICINE HAT
126 FADDEN, MITCH LETHBRIDGE
130 PYETT, LOGAN REGINA
136 NELSON, LEVI SWIFT CURRENT
141 SCHIRA, CRAIG REGINA
157 WRAY, BRENNAN MOOSE JAW
190 DUVAL, IAN REGINA
196 LIND, LEVI REGINA

GOALIES
2 IRVING, LELAND EVERETT
7 LAZARUK, KRIS KOOTENAY
8 ARMSTRONG, KEVIN SPOKANE
19 REIMER, JAMES RED DEER
27 PERRICONE, JOEY MOOSE JAW
29 MCHALE, GAVIN LETHBRIDGE
30 BUTLER, DUSTIN PORTLAND

Triton
04-20-2006, 01:17 PM
The St. Louis Blues won the National Hockey League Draft Drawing today and retained the first overall drafting position for the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, Saturday, June 24 at General Motors Place in Vancouver (6 p.m., ET, TSN, OLN). The Blues had the greatest chance that one of the numbered sequences assigned to them would be the winning combination, 25.0%, based on inverse order of regular-season finish. Under the lottery system, only the five teams with the fewest points had the chance to win the first overall selection; no team could move up more than four spots and no team could move backward more than one.

The Blues have never selected first overall in their 39-year history. The club's highest pick was forward Perry Turnbull, selected second overall in 1979.

The order of selection for the first 14 drafting positions in each round of the 2006 Entry Draft is as follows:

1. St. Louis Blues
2. Pittsburgh Penguins
3. Chicago Blackhawks
4. Washington Capitals
5. Boston Bruins
6. Columbus Blue Jackets
7. New York Islanders
8. Phoenix Coyotes
9. Minnesota Wild
10. Florida Panthers
11. Los Angeles Kings
12. Atlanta Thrashers
13. Toronto Maple Leafs
14. Vancouver Canucks

The remaining drafting positions will be determined at the conclusion of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The Drawing was conducted at the NHL's New York office.

Fourteen balls, numbered 1 to 14, were placed in a lottery machine. The machine expelled four balls, forming a series of numbers. The four-digit series resulting from the expulsion of the balls was matched against a probability chart that divided the possible combinations among the 14 participating clubs. The chart showed that the Blues had been assigned the numbers (11-14-13-1) that were expelled.

The Draft Drawing is a weighted system to give the teams that finished with the fewest points during the regular season the greatest chance of having their combination selected. The Blues, who finished the regular season with the fewest points (57), were assigned the greatest number of combinations, representing a 25% likelihood that their combination would emerge. The Pittsburgh Penguins were assigned 18.8% of the combinations, followed by the Chicago Blackhawks (14.2%) and the Washington Capitals (10.7%). The remaining teams had the following chances: 8.1%, 6.2%, 4.7%, 3.6%, 2.7%, 2.1%, 1.5%, 1.1%, 0.8% and 0.5%.

Beaner
04-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Interesting Situation maybe....

Columbus Picks 6th, and Mueller is ranked #6 in the Draft.

Could Mueller and Brule both be on the CBJ next year after facing each other in the Western Conference Championship this year???

Triton
04-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Interesting Situation maybe....

Columbus Picks 6th, and Mueller is ranked #6 in the Draft.

Could Mueller and Brule both be on the CBJ next year after facing each other in the Western Conference Championship this year???

But aren't those rankings just North America?Not counting Europe ect.

Then I imagine he'll fall a bit when you add in euros to the equasion.Still a first rounder nonetheless.