PDA

View Full Version : Irving Named Greyhound Whl Player Of The Week

langdak
04-17-2006, 01:28 PM
IRVING NAMED GREYHOUND WHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - 2006 PLAYOFF EDITION
Created: Apr 17, 2006

Calgary - The Greyhound WHL Player of the Week is goaltender Leland Irving of the Everett Silvertips. Irving earned player of the week honours by recording a 1.57 goals against average, 0.950 save percentage, 132 saves, three wins and a double-overtime loss, including a shutout in four games of the WHL KalTire Western Conference Semi-Final best-of-seven series against the Kelowna Rockets.

The Silvertips won the series four games to two.

On Tuesday, April 11, Irving stopped all 41 shots he faced in a 2-0 shutout home win in Game 3 of the best-of-seven series against the Kelowna Rockets. On Wednesday, April 12th, Irving recorded 30 saves in a 3-2 home win in Game 4.

On Friday, April 14th, Irving made 38 saves in a 3-2 double-overtime loss in Game 5 at Kelowna.

On Sunday, April 6th, Irving recorded 23 saves in a 6-2 home win in Game 6 as the Silvertips eliminated the 2005 WHL Champions Kelowna Rockets from the post-season.

Irving, a 17-year-old native of Swan Hills, Alberta, is eligible for the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.

GREYHOUND COURIER EXPRESS is the OFFICIAL COURIER of the WHL.

2006 WHL Playoffs
Mar 24 – Mar 26: Daine Todd, Medicine Hat Tigers
Mar 27 – Apr 2: Gilbert Brule, Vancouver Giants
Apr 3 – Apr 9: Peter Mueller, Everett Silvertips
Apr 10 – 16: Leland Irving, Everett Silvertips

Congrats :thumb:

ihlemic10
04-17-2006, 11:39 PM
He should have got that two weeks ago when Brule got it. Not to detract from the Giants or Brule though. Also count another 4 Everett fans coming to Vancouver. JUst ordered tickets for both games. I was up there a couple months ago in my tips jersey at the canucks game and had someone yell "Silvertips suck" I thought that was funny.

Swando
04-18-2006, 01:02 AM
Brule was absolutely awesome when he won the award and I'm amazed he didn't win it over the Tip goalie this past week!! As for a fan shouting outing out TIPS SUCK just shows you how astute the Canucks fans are.