PDA

View Full Version : Important Summer Dates

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Since many people are asking about when upcomming drafts are being held.

here are the dates:
May 4th is when the WHL Bantam Draft is held this year.

June 2nd is when Expansion draft is held for the Chilliwack Bruins.

June 24th,and 25th is when the NHL Entry Draft is held this year.

June 28th is when the CHL Import Draft is held this year.

Beaner
04-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Thanks GBG, maybe this can be stickied so people can see it easily.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Thanks GBG, maybe this can be stickied so people can see it easily.
I think that this should be stickied also,but I do not have the powers(so to speak)to do so. :confused:

Wingnut
04-27-2006, 01:41 PM
The NHL draft will begin at 3 PM PDT on Saturday, June 24th and all seven rounds will be conducted on Saturday - no Sunday session. So if you are planning on attending, get ready for a long afternoon and evening. My guess is it will end around 11 PM PDT. Seven rounds, 210 picks. Keep in mind that it used to take about six hours to do the first three rounds. Perhaps the league is going to intorduce new timing rules????

2,5,andagame
04-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Bring in the CFL dispersal draft rules. ;) 3 minutes to pick or else, CFL draft was over in less than an hour.

Number_4
04-27-2006, 10:19 PM
I think that this should be stickied also,but I do not have the powers(so to speak)to do so. :confused:

Consider it stuck.

N.W. Bruin
04-28-2006, 06:02 PM
The NHL draft will begin at 3 PM PDT on Saturday, June 24th and all seven rounds will be conducted on Saturday - no Sunday session. So if you are planning on attending, get ready for a long afternoon and evening. My guess is it will end around 11 PM PDT. Seven rounds, 210 picks. Keep in mind that it used to take about six hours to do the first three rounds. Perhaps the league is going to intorduce new timing rules????

TSN usually came on at 9:00 than went off the air in regards to the draft at 12:00 shortly after the first round ended and the draft is only into the second round a bit. Once the teams don't go up to the front to announce the picks and the picked players come down it usually is about a hour per round. So the 11 PM time sounds about right. It could be anywhere over from 10 to midnight.

Carebear
05-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Sounds like I should pack a picnic lunch/dinner/midnight snack!

Triton
05-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Is the expansion draft done live like the bantam draft was done on whl.ca?Will we be able to witness pick by pick?

Wingnut
05-26-2006, 09:03 AM
It hasn't been done like the bantam draft in the past. What has been the drill is that the expansion team gets the lists of unprotected eligible players, makes their selections, then informs the league. The league will then post the selections on their website.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Bantam Draft Thursday May 3rd.

Edmonton Oil Kings Expansion Draft Tuesday June 5th.

NHL Entry Draft Friday June 22nd,and Saturday June 23rd.

CHL Import Draft Wednesday June 27th.

Note:This thread was stickied before.

dj-kris
04-21-2007, 04:03 AM
What's the date teams are able to begin trading again?

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-21-2007, 05:50 PM
What's the date teams are able to begin trading again?
That is a good question,I do not know the answer to that. Can anyone help us out? I can't seem to find this date anywhere,it might not be until the MC is over. :confused:

Any help on this would be much appreciated. :thumb:

Trav
04-22-2007, 01:48 AM
the trade freeze will be lifted once the expansion draft is over. Would make sense.

nivek_wahs
04-22-2007, 09:26 AM
I don't know when the exact date is but I do believe that teams do trade at the Bantam Draft. Teams do have a tendancy to trade bantam picks during the draft... so I would imagine that would include players as well.

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-01-2007, 08:19 PM
I would think that all WHL teams can start trading again because teams in the OHL and QMJHL are trading again. I hope the Blades make a trade before the 5th of June but if they don't I will not complain(unless someone good is lost.)

Scout
06-02-2007, 07:30 AM
I'm not 100 % sure but i think there is a trade freeze until the Edmonton Expansion Draft on June 5th.

Scout

Toswammi
06-02-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm not 100 % sure but i think there is a trade freeze until the Edmonton Expansion Draft on June 5th.

Scout
Any deal made before that day needs Edmontons approval (as it may effect the player protected lists)