PDA

View Full Version : What does 40 million get you

Warrior Fan
04-18-2006, 03:49 PM
The city of Moose Jaw will be receiving some great news in the next few hours. The figures are staggering. Economic spinoff calculations throughout the city and surrounding area has been done. These figures were done by an outside entity and has come back with just some fantastic numbers and news for our local economy.

The building has a new concept and is ever changing at this point. I strongly suggest that anyone wanting to get some more details to stop by the Multiplex office and see what they have to offer.

Here is what I know for sure.

40 million gets a downtown Multiplex...here is what is included for that price. (keep in mind it can go anywhere that a 2 city block square is open not just downtown...I just feel economically it is the best spot)

4500 seat arena expandable to 5000 seats with some standing room as well.
Curling rink with it's own restaurant/eating/viewing/lounge area. Looked great.
8 sheets for curling
Indoor soccer facility(new but the group has drawings and has been informed that for the 40 million it WILL be included.
Walking/jogging track 4 lanes wide.
Fitness room for the public
800 car 2 story parkade with a pedestrian link directly to the rink.
(78220 sq ft surface parking)

Just an absolute beautiful design and the fact that the indoor soccer is included only adds to the useability and draw of the facility.
It can be transformed in and hour and a half. With the indoor soccer facility and the hockey rink and curling rinik you would have 3 surfaces available for box lacrosse/indoor soccer tournaments. This would be totally unique to Sask. Could be a huge draw 3 or more times a year.

Originally Nustadia did a report showing the sustainability of the project saying they woudl do the project if the city woudl let them but then the city doesn't own the land nor does it own the buildings and such. Much less revenue for the city and all events coming at a higher cost to the city. Not feasible. In that study it had a hockey rink and curling rink. Word is that the city can get more bang for its buck. The parkade and indoor soccer comes at the exact same price tag as before. All good news to our community and another reason to push forward that much harder.

I do have more infor but I think this is enough to start with.

Triton
04-18-2006, 03:53 PM
40 million dollars could get you alot of elastic bands and alot of paper clips to make sling shots...

Warrior Fan
04-18-2006, 08:38 PM
slaps at a buck a piece.

patsdude114
04-20-2006, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=Warrior Fan]

Originally Nustadia did a report showing the sustainability of the project saying they woudl do the project if the city woudl let them but then the city doesn't own the land nor does it own the buildings and such. Much less revenue for the city and all events coming at a higher cost to the city. Not feasible. In that study it had a hockey rink and curling rink. Word is that the city can get more bang for its buck. The parkade and indoor soccer comes at the exact same price tag as before.
QUOTE]

Well i personally think that Moose Jaw should let this company build the project at least it will save the Warriors and give Moose Jaw a very nice touch to its city.....

What i think the City of Moose Jaw is trying to do with this project isnt so much trying to save the Warriors and give the City better facilities, but its more for them to make money, if the City is serious about saving the Warriors so the WHL can still keep a franshise in MJ the City of Moose Jaw should let this company build this project for Moose Jaw and let them make the money off of the facility... In the end there the 1s offering to build it shouldnt they be the 1s to make the money off of it also...

Just what i think...... others feel free to speak also.

One more quick note.... I hope Moose Jaw doesnt screw themselves with this offer by Nustadia cause 40 million is alot to raise expecially since the government has said no to funding for this project

Warrior Fan
04-20-2006, 11:10 PM
They did a proposal for the city that the city paid for. The city said to them in an attempt to feel out how confident they were in their work" would you own and operate a facility like this in Moose Jaw." They answered yes. At no time was it or is it an option for them to build it. They simply were asked about it. That is all. The city never had any intentions of letting them build it.

Thecity will get it done in the next couple of years no doubt. It is beautiful.

Koivu 11
04-21-2006, 11:49 AM
I hope you guys get a new rink, you deserve it. Also, the visiting teams could be given umbrellas to fend off bottles!