PDA

View Full Version : Shaw to broadcast Giants/Tips series

Triton
04-20-2006, 09:13 AM
CALGARY, AB - Ron Robison, Commissioner of the Western Hockey League, and Shaw Cablesystems today announced that the entire WHL KALTIRE Western Conference Championship series between the Vancouver Giants and the Everett Silvertips will be televised live on Shaw TV and Star Choice throughout Western Canada. This is the third year that Shaw has produced the playoffs and broadcast them to Western Canadians.

SHAW TV will also televise the entire WHL Championship series throughout Western Canada.

The first two games of the WHL KALTIRE Western Conference Championship series begin Friday, April 21st at 7:30 PM PST and Saturday, April 22nd at 7:00 PM PST from the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver.

The following is the Vancouver Giants vs. Everett Silvertips SHAW TV Schedule:

Friday, April 21 Everett @ Vancouver 7:30 pm
Saturday, April 22 Everett @ Vancouver 7:00 pm
Tuesday, April 25 Vancouver @ Everett 7:05 pm
Thursday, April 27 Vancouver @ Everett 7:05 pm
Saturday, April 29 Everett @ Vancouver 7:00 pm *
Monday, May 1 Vancouver @ Everett 7:05 pm *
Tuesday, May 2 Everett @ Vancouver 7:00 pm *

RunTheGoalie
04-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Yeah, when Calgary went out that decision became a no-brainer. Two media equipped arenas and the largest market in the league vs two small arenas that where television cameras were never a consideration. Shame though, as I think the Tigers-Warriors series will be the better one. Nice to get a look at a team I never see in Everett though.

Rooselk
04-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Real nice for all you folks who live in Western Canada. But I wish one of the television stations or Comcast would work out a deal to pick up the feed and broadcast it here.

ihlemic10
04-20-2006, 06:26 PM
There have been rumblings that Comcast would offer the Tips on demand. My friend even recieved a flyer from them saying that the Tips and Chiefs would soon be live. Maybe they can rebroadcast it here. It would make sense if someone records it here for our games.