PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Guard gets the "call"..

Triton
04-20-2006, 10:47 AM
OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators today recalled four players from the club’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators: goaltender Kelly Guard, defenceman Filip Novak and forwards Denis Hamel and Steve Martins. The Senators complete playoff roster includes four goaltenders and 24 skaters.

Binghamton finished the season out of the playoff race in fifth place in the East Division with 35 wins, 37 losses, four overtime losses and four shootout losses for 78 points.

Guard played in 51 games with Binghamton, recording 25 wins, 19 losses, one shootout loss and five shutouts for a 3.08 goals-against average and 90.8% save percentage. The 23-year-old native of Prince Albert, Sask., was not called up to the NHL team during the regular season.

In 64 games with Binghamton, Filip Novak has recorded eight goals, 44 assists and 58 penalty minutes. The Czech Republic native was recalled twice, recording four penalty minutes over 11 games.

Left-winger Denis Hamel had a record-breaking season, scoring 56 goals, which tied the eighth-highest total in AHL history. Hamel also equalled a league record with 27 power-play goals. In 77 games, he had 91 points (56-35) and 65 penalty minutes. The 28-year-old from Lachute, Que., was recalled three times to the NHL, scoring once in four games.

Centre Steve Martins completed his AHL season with 80 points (22-58) and 80 penalty minutes over 76 games. The 34-year-old Gatineau, Que., native had a goal and assist with Ottawa over four games during his two recalls.

fightstrap50
04-20-2006, 12:29 PM
So does that mean the Jeff Glass will get the call to backstop the baby sens?
I hope so anyways.

Triton
04-20-2006, 12:59 PM
So does that mean the Jeff Glass will get the call to backstop the baby sens?
I hope so anyways.

I would imagine so.Him or Billy Thompson.

Triton
04-20-2006, 01:00 PM
What am I talking about...the baby sens didn't even make the playoffs.

Dwight Schrute
04-21-2006, 11:42 AM
at least guard will collect an nhl check and get a good seat to watch the playoffs
ahead of him are hasek (injured) emery, and mike morrison
practicing with the sens should be good for him

Dwight Schrute
04-21-2006, 07:20 PM
THOMPSON IS AHEAD OF HIM ALSO
thompson wasnt the starter in binghampton this year guard edged him out. they called up thompson to back up emery cause they wanted guard to keep getting ice time and developing.

Dwight Schrute
04-22-2006, 09:21 PM
on the depth chart on tsn they have thompson as third
i know guard was stellar in junior and crappedout first year pro in the echl but apparantly he played very good this year in the ahl
i wonder if he does have potential to become a nhl netminder ?

Dwight Schrute
04-23-2006, 06:37 PM
No, Just My Opinion
i'd only ever seen him play in the memorial cup so i have hardly seen him play

Triton
04-23-2006, 07:56 PM
i'd only ever seen him play in the memorial cup so i have hardly seen him play

Interesting that Guard backed me up in Bantam,but he moved on.